What's the most boring game you've aver played?

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Well, I haven't finished Assassin's Creed because I found it kinda boring.

Fox12 said:
...That's when I realized there was no story...
Say, what!? Now that's a false statement.

Feb 23, 2015
Most boring...

Probably Mercenary III, for the Amiga.

Maybe I was too young, but between the painfully slow 3D, and not having a clue what I was meant to be doing, I just walked around forever.

[link]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaPt1AK0nBA[/link]

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
A game thats not particularly bad but boring? hmm well I would have said Destiny but I think thats a terrible game except for gun handling and some pretty graphics and great art assets (especially the skyboxes). Assassins Creed is a similar story still cant believe I forced my way through that yawn inducing adventure.

I would probably go with Halo 3 in the single player campaign. I was so hype to play this got the collectors edition and then could not force myself to play after a few hours but im not sure I would even say the game was not bad so er Transistor would probably be my answer cant say its a bad game but it bored me rigid I gave up after 4 hours sounded like some story stuff was gonna be revealed but I could not bring myself to care in the slightest I was literally looking at the clock every few minutes while playing to see how much longer I had to go as I heard it was a short game unfortunately it was not short enough for me.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Happyninja42 said:
For me it was The Witcher. I played it for like 2 hours, and just couldn't give a damn about it anymore. Uninstalled and never looked back.
I hate to admit it, but same goes for me. I finished it twice and really got into the story to the point where I started reading the books, but playing the game is really REALLY boring, especially Act 2. I have a new idea for the decisions I could make in my next playthrough, but I can't actually do it, because I can't do another playthrough knowing how dull it's going to be.

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
Any sports games, I'm not that big of a fan in sports in general so sports games pretty much bored me to tears

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
Dear Esther; other then saying it looks nice the only other compliment I can give it, is has potential to be a sleeping aid. I could look over the the probelms of Dear Esther if it was interesting and engaging but not. It a story that horribly dull story told with dry narration. Also you walk way to slow in the game. I got it as part of a humble bundle so I am not annoyed about getting the game. If bought it on its own for a notable price then I would regret the purchase.

I know there people who say Dear Esther not a game but I call a game because It sold steam as game. that also mean I judge as a game.

Oct 22, 2011
Far Cry 2 takes the cake. I liked the setting, the environment. There are not that many games set on african continent, and driving in a buggy through savanna with Toto's you-know-which song playing in the speakers(my own playlist, the game doesn't have radio stations with music) could be really fun and relaxing... buuut then you get involved in another tedious fight with bloodthirsty mercs. Everything else was just meh.

Oh and honorable place goes to Boringlands 2 - which i played about 17h(2 classes, GotY edition) to never come back.

BodomBeachChild

Nov 12, 2009
Prototype. "Here are awesome god-like powers. Now, go kill." Nothing was hard. Nothing was difficult on hard except the last boss fight. Nothing in that game was exciting come to think of it.

I play EVE, and I mine/run an industrial corp. So... that's pretty boring =D But I love it

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
sageoftruth said:
I hate to admit it, but same goes for me. I finished it twice and really got into the story to the point where I started reading the books, but playing the game is really REALLY boring, especially Act 2. I have a new idea for the decisions I could make in my next playthrough, but I can't actually do it, because I can't do another playthrough knowing how dull it's going to be.
I have to agree act 2 is horribly dull. I like the game but it's very flawed.
When trying to replay it after finishing for the first time I quit right before I had to go to the swamp. I not could bare that though of ever going though the swamp during act 2 ever again.
this is coming from person who can replay kotor 2 once in while and peragus each time.

Flammablezeus

Dec 19, 2013
Final Fantasy XIII. Cutscene, mash X, next cutscene, mash X again, walk a little, mash X and then watch a cutscene. Yeah, no.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I know I won't make too many friends with this, but Team Fortress 2. After the first match all the luster and intrigue was gone. I can't imagine people who played the same mission type on the exact same three or fours maps hundreds of times over.

Thorn14

Jun 29, 2013
Beyond: Two Souls.

You know its bad when I had more fun watching TBF play it and laugh about it than actually playing the game. Everything was a QTE or meaningless choice.

And the only thing worse than a boring game is a boring AND stupid game. When I was suddenly fighting off an ancient indian demon ghost for no reason, I stopped playing because I just had enough.

regalphantom

Feb 10, 2011
The most boring "game" I can think of is an indie game I got in one of the few Humble Bundles I bought (Proteus I think?). Basically, it was a brightly coloured pre-gen world and... thats it. You explore it, but there's not really anything to find there. I generally consider it a complete waste of my time.

As for something that is less questionably calling itself a game, I would say either Minecraft or Assassin's Creed 1. Minecraft is more or less a symptom of me not liking directionless sandboxes. I usually just end up getting bored, and I tend address my creative desires in the real world. Assassin's Creed is the one game I am to this day surprised spawned a sequel. The gameplay was obnoxious and repetitive, and the story was ok at best. While I've heard the 2 series was better, and in what I played of 4 I enjoyed the sailing sections, but Assassin's Creed 1 has kinda tainted the series in my mind.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Mysterious Journey II: Chameleon.

The first one was great, if really slow, because it held a great sense of intrigue and rewarded progression very well.

The second one was written by a popular sci-fi author, but he was clearly actually dead when he wrote the plot for MJII. It had nothing too do with the first one, it utterly failed to explain its own "intrigue" (which was not intriguing at all), and it committed the worst crime of all: A expository cutscene lasting about ten minutes (or it certainly felt that long). (A THIRD OF THE WAY INTO THE GAME.)

There was no reason to progress, there was no reason for the puzzles to exist, there was no rhyme or reason to why anything was happening to you.

Michel Henzel

Just call me God
May 13, 2014
Saints Row 2, after 90 min I just quite and uninstalled it. It just wasn't the game for me, GTA4 is more my type of game. Never been interested in the Saints row games, but since I bought the THQ pack and it was in there I figured I would give it a go.

And I guess FF13, after only a couple of hours I just could not take it anymore. No amount of saying that it gets good later on is going to make me suffer through that "Mash X simulator".

Prince of Ales

Nov 5, 2014
Another chance to have a dig at a popular title that you, personally, didn't enjoy. Cool.

Nah, I'm sure it's happened to everybody at some point. For me it was more of a thing in former generations. These days we have t'internet and YouTube and Twitch, and you can usually get a reasonable impression of a game before buying. In yonder days we had a bunch of magazines and the occasional demo disc. You could be forgiven for thinking a game was for you when it wasn't.

The one that springs to mind for me, and this may upset a few people, is Shenmue. This is a game that, quite literally, forces you to go out and get a job. I saw all the screenshots and artwork, and thought this was some sort of kung-fu/brawler type game. I wasn't expecting to have to turn up for daily work as a forklift truck driver:

Ultimately it's a collection of mini-games woven into a fabric of flashy cut-scenes and graphics. I'm all about gameplay, so if I knew that I would've stayed clear. These days I'm a bit more savvy as a customer and there's the information out there for me to get a good personal judgement of a game before buying. Back then, I was told this was like the Citizen Kane of gaming or something and I absolutely had to have it. Well, maybe if you like that sort of thing. Be thankful of how much information is out there these days.

thoughtwrangler said:
Star Ocean: Second Story
That's a weird one for me because I absolutely loved the first game, and yet the second never managed to grip me. I went out and bought the PSP version hell bent on actually playing it because I never finished it on PSX, but still I couldn't manage more than a few hours in. And I don't know why specifically.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
Ridash said:
Well, it's all about personal preference. I, for an example, hate DayZ, while many people put hundreds of hours into it.
I doubt I could play DayZ for long either, but I do enjoy watching that Frankie chap playing it. I suspect though that it is more about the player and less the game.

The Night Shade

Oct 15, 2009
Gta 4 just seem like a waste of time always bowling and stuff also i hated most characters.

Borderlands felt to repetitive that's probably the idea but yeah not a big fan, borderlands 2 on the other hand was a lot better.

Far cry 2 it was long you had to drive everywhere and it was hard to find your way, boring in the end some cool characters here and there but for the most part boring as hell but i still finish it.

Saints row 2 was way to long if it was shorter i would have been better, to many missions fell like filler the rest it cool.