What's the most boring game you've aver played?

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Bioshock and Half Life 2 bored me to tears.

I guess some people must enjoy them, but good lord were those games boring. Bioshock lacked any memorable characters (except Andrew Ryan, who was a boss) and the whole city of rapture looked the same. It was extremely repetitive, and I quickly grew bored of wandering the same looking hallways for hours, often with little meaningful progression. I beat, because my roommate swore it got better. I guess he was right, the twist was cool, but in the end it wasn't worth it.

Half Life was far worse. At least Bioshock was pretty. I tried to stick with it, I really did, but the game has more brown and grey then COD and Battlefield combined. Supposedly it revolutionezed video game story telling through its interactive plot. Some even claimed it was the best game ever. I couldn't even finish that one, it was so awful. I played for hours, trying to get to the next plot point, but nothing ever happened. That's when I realized there was no story. I haven't touched it since.

Carzinex

Mar 29, 2011
Strangely enough, Elite:dangerous. I've been playing it for about a month now and find myself thinking, god this is a bit boring but i just cant stop playing it, one more jump to explore a new system or one more run to make some creds.

I may eventually have an age of conan moment where i spent 8 hours gathering resources to help my guild build a fortress and i realized i had just spent 8 hours hitting the m key on my keyboard........i gave up mmo's for a few years after that.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Maybe Perfect World? Its an mmo and I do get bored of most MMO's relatively quickly but this one was worse than usual. There really isn't anything wrong with it, it's just boring.

Alan Wake's American Nightmare. I actually like Alan Wake but the combat in it wasn't fun enough for arcade which is basically what AN is. The story in the campaign might have been decent but I can't be bothered playing it to find out.

Assassins Creed: Revelations although it likely would have been fine had I not played the previous ones.

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
For me, its Darksiders. It was described to me as Zelda with God of War combat, but somehow they managed to suck all the fun out of both elements. Combat was incredibly repetitive, puzzles were uninspired, and there was no compelling plot or story. And yet it also felt very short; I was pushing myself to play it more, thinking it might get more interesting as more mechanics were introduced, and then it just ended. Big waste-o-time.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
Anyone here ever heard of the game Botanicula? I did, and guess what? Instead of some badass plant-vampire game starring the love child of Aubrey II and Vlad the Impaler, It was just one of those Putt-Putt children games. I could hardly last 20 minutes before quitting, because apparently my elite adult brain couldn't be distracted by the virtual jangling of keys.

More recently, and on the far opposite end of the spectrum, I've gotten a couple hours more or less in to that Amnesia Dark Descent hubub because, you know "liek, it's de skarest game evar guise" Now, I can understand if a game wans to build atmosphere, but jesus. This is such a slow boil it will take a week to cook spaghetti. I almost prefer stupid jumpscare games, because at least those can hold my attention

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
LA Noir.

I will commend it for having such an interesting concept for a game, but for the love of god, it just does nothing else beyond that to the point of depression.
What enjoyment I did get from it was turning Cole into a super powered bipolar detective who'd HARSHLY ASSUME THINGS and than immediately apologize and offer peace ... than I got even more bored when I discovered he couldn't get fired because plot.

Well excuuuuse me GAME. Pardon me that i'm the only one trying to give your MC some personality.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Final Fantasy X.

It came with my PS2, and I was all excited to finally try out my kick-ass new console!

I went out the next day to buy a couple of new games, because my new console deserved to come with a game that wasn't a tear-inducing tour of pure, unadulterated boredom.

Ridash said:
I quite enjoyed Dishonored. Finished both the main game and the DLCs a couple of times.
Me too.

I have the mark of the Outsider tattooed on my left hand. That's how much I liked that game. And it never leaves my PS3's hard drive.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
For me it was The Witcher. I played it for like 2 hours, and just couldn't give a damn about it anymore. Uninstalled and never looked back.

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
Destiny is the only one I can think of off the top of my head, which is still saying a lot since I rarely get bored once I start a game. The shooter mechanics are adequate but that only lasted for so long. What made the game boring for me was that the game made no attempt to immerse me in the Destiny's universe which I think is an important thing to do when you have run around the same areas for hours.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Vlado said:
Gone Home was a waste of 3 hours.
"3 Hours."

Just in time for dinner.

Probably Minecraft. It was soothingly involving, getting the resources, but I looked up to realize that as a game, the game just kind of bored me to tears. All the monotony of resource gathering culminated in the monotony of refinement and placement, until eventually I had a 1 block deep sheet of smooth stone across hundreds of miles worth of sky, blotting out the sun and farming massive amounts of Mobs with it.

BarryMcCociner

Feb 23, 2015
The first episode of all Telltale Games.

I can't be the only one to notice this, but does anyone feel like Telltale games have really weak openings?

ClockworkAngel

Nov 9, 2008
I'm going to go with Bastion. Nothing about the game held my interest. I could probably think of some other boring games, but I really tried to like Bastion.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
I hate to say this, but Skyrim. I've tried to play it several times, installed enough mods that it may legally be considered a different game, and the first adjective that always comes up is "boring". All of the NPCs speak with this uninterested, blah tone, speaking about dragons and civil wars the way that someone would discuss tax laws. Combat is swing swing swing, boring. Even fucking with the different spells just feels like I'm breaking the AI and playing it wrong. Since the game is GOTY, all years, I'm going to assume that I lack the imagination to be able to play in the sandbox that it creates (which to me is a lot of mountains, snow, and small towns that according to the books I read should be a whole lot bigger).

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Grand Turismo 3, friend keeps insisting simulator games like this are the best and frankly I'd rather play Burnout. I don't know what some peoples obsession are with realism but their obsessions ...kinda limits the spectrum of games one can play.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
EyeReaper said:
Anyone here ever heard of the game Botanicula? I did, and guess what? Instead of some badass plant-vampire game starring the love child of Aubrey II and Vlad the Impaler, It was just one of those Putt-Putt children games. I could hardly last 20 minutes before quitting, because apparently my elite adult brain couldn't be distracted by the virtual jangling of keys.
Hey, I played that game last summer. I actually rather enjoyed it but I knew what it was about and how it played going in. Not gonna lie though your version sounds way more interesting than the game itself.

Pete Oddly

Nov 19, 2009
I'd have to say Minecraft.

Don't get me wrong, I fucking love Minecraft, and it has easily eaten up more of my time than my five next most played games combined. However; there are times in that game where I've spent literal days worth of time just strip mining or clearing out massive mountains. That can get infuriatingly boring at times.

The runner up is Far Cry 2. I didn't even finish that game. I found it so drab and dull it was more chore than fun to play.

EDIT: Wait, I have to make a correction. I forgot I played WoW for about five years, and by the end of it I had not only sunk months worth of time into it, it also bored me to tears.

Pete Oddly

Nov 19, 2009
The Wykydtron said:
Vlado said:
Gone Home was a waste of 3 hours.
I hear a lot about Gone Home, would you compare it to a Visual Novel or is it legit just a walkaround simulator with pretty lights?
Gone Home is a fantastic story. Great mystery with great ambiance and well worth the time put into it. However; it is not worth the $22 price tag, as it only takes between 1.5 to 3 hours to beat, and there is literally no reason to replay it as, once the mystery is revealed, the story's impact is severely lessened. I picked it up for $5 when it was on sale, and I would have paid upwards of $10.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Dishonered for me, too. Which is odd, because I really do like the cut of its jib. But after I escape the prison all the motivation to continue just ebs away. I've tried numerous times now to get into it... It's just not happening.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Every time I play a modern military shooter, I'm just plain bored. The game has all the right parts to be awesome, but it feels so mind-numbing. Ugh.