whats the most pointless holiday?

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
I've always found it amusing that here in Aus we celebrate the Queens birthday not on the actual Queens birthday. But hey, it's an excuse for a public holiday (and for Melbourne and Collingwood to play at the MCG) so it doesn't worry me all that much.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
At least use capital letters in your title...

I'd have to say no-smoking day...its not really going to stop anyone...

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Valentine's Day

I would say St. Patrick's Day too, but any day you're actively encouraged to go out and get drunk can't be bad.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
I'm fairly anti Valentines Day myself... but Easter is also there on my list... though I would hate to give up my Good Friday Stat...

Sheinen

Apr 22, 2009
Grandparents day - the day you thank the parents of your parents for birthing your parents so that they could then, in turn, birth you...pointless.

Valentines Day is also a massive contender. If you genuinely only used that 1 day to convey your love and affection to your partner you wouldn't have one for long.

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
I'm tempted to say Valentines day, if you're in a relationship it's fine, but if you're not then it really just becomes "bitter loneliness day".

xChevelle24

Mar 10, 2009
I don't have a list of holidays next to me so I'll just generalize holidays that I would hate in general.

Hippy day (earth day)
Valentines day (my most hated)
Halloween (Why do we celebrate it, again?)
any holiday that deals with being vegetarian

talkyteeky

Jul 31, 2008
Eed, it only lets a minority of people off school or work or whatever and those who take advantage of it still get to go home on Chrsitmas. It's INSANE!

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
Inverse Skies said:
I've always found it amusing that here in Aus we celebrate the Queens birthday not on the actual Queens birthday. But hey, it's an excuse for a public holiday (and for Melbourne and Collingwood to play at the MCG) so it doesn't worry me all that much.
well we aussies will find any excuse to get out of doing stuff.

OT

new years, wow the earth did another lap around the sun, WOOP DE FUCKING DO

slevin8989 said:
Valentines day the day that usually just makes me feel like crap
and this, except I feel annoyed at the roses and bored because I'm always bored, I hate roses, unless they're blue, blue roses kick arse

SmilingKitsune said:
I'm tempted to say Valentines day, if you're in a relationship it's fine, but if you're not then it really just becomes "bitter loneliness day".
yes, yes it does...

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
MLK, really I understand he as important and all that but honestly why does he get his own day(national holiday) when others who did just as much(if not more) get nadda.