What's the story behind your username?

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
Year and years ago, when I just started playing Diablo II, I wanted a cool username.
I wanted to call myself Ragnarok, not because of the Armageddon type. oh no, I didn't even know about that back then. But, the name of the ship in Final Fantasy VIII. However, I never really read it properly, being dyslectic and all that, and I always assumed it said Ranorak. So I took that name, thinking it was Ragnarok.

Turns out it misspelled it, but I liked this one better.
It's original and still sounds pretty neat.

Nerfherder17

May 16, 2011
A Jay and Silent Bob reference, of a star wars reference. Its an "insult" made about Han Solo by Leia.

Lawnmooer

Apr 15, 2009
I doodled a lot in high school.

One of the things I doodled was a lawnmower labled "Lawnmower" and a cow next to it labeled "Lawnmooer"

I being very immature at the time used the name Lawnmooer as an account name in multiple places and it kinda stuck (Such as with my MMO name Taril I find myself being lost when using a different handle)

bassdrum

jygabyte!
Oct 6, 2009
I play bass. I play drums. A bass drum is a type of instrument all on its own. The rest, as the say, was history.

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
Well, Gartark comes from a high school nickname I earned after a Starbucks employee completely failed to spell my real name correctly (it's Kartik) and the music because I'm a musician and majoring in music in college.

Captcha: matter? fiesioni

ScoopMeister

Mar 12, 2011
Don't ask me why, but my dad always used to call me Scoop. I've never bothered to ask him why, though.
Anyway, I did German in school, and I always liked the word 'Meister' (meaning master for anyone who doesn't know and can't be bothered to make an educated guess).
I use it for everything- here, my XBox gamertag, my E-mail, YouTube, etc. etc. It's entirely my own name, no one else on the Internet uses it to the best of my knowledge, so it's easy to be consistent with usernames.

And, true to my name, I'm still the master of scoop (whatever that means).

ZRendZ

Jun 9, 2011
I used to use it when I did practice test teams on Pokemon online and I wanted a generic name to keep me anonymous, so I used -xRendx- then when it came to making an escapist account I was like "the xRendx thing looks kinda wierd" so i changed the x's into z's

TNightmare

Mar 2, 2011
I always liked the painting The Nightmare by Henri Fuseli, but since Nightmare as a name is taken everywhere, I figured "gee, why not put a T in front of it and be done with it?". Henceforth, TNightmare was born

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
It came to my head one day and I though "Whoa, nice one, Jade"

I've used to for everything that requires a username since. Unless someone stole it.

Burs

Jan 28, 2011
Burs, becuase whenever I go a'walking or running I always seem to pick Burdock seeds up in my clothes and leg hair (ouch!) used it everywhere on the web apart from my Minecraft account (grrrr!)

AngryNerd

Jun 15, 2011
For me, it's pretty simple. In seveth grade, I was called a nerd, by the tuba player in band, for getting all As. It just stuck. The Angry part is because I'm always angry about something.