What's the story behind your username?

RitsukoAkagi2000

Feb 1, 2011
My username refers to the mysterious and super hot dr. ritsuko akagi from evangelion. I don't know why but I had an enormous crush on her as a kid. I had tons of pictures and i drew her all the time! I said to myself when I grew up I was going to marry someone who looked just like her. And would you believe it I did. Well, we are engaged at the moment! So I guess it was a premonition.

derob

Feb 17, 2011
a remarkably attractive female friend and i were carrying on a conversation over aim and she happened to have misspelled the word "bored" and actually spelled "derob", accidentally typing it backwards.

Antwerp Caveman

Jan 19, 2010
I went to an animecon once with just a giant wig and a giant beard. Some called me biker, some called me ZZ Top, and then there was Caveman. And the rest.... well I moved to Antwerp (Belgium).

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
I've asked the same question a while ago. Take a look...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.288000-What-does-your-forum-name-mean [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.288000-What-does-your-forum-name-mean]

Sampler

He who is not known
May 5, 2008
I used to frequent a music site and we made a small DJ'ing subgroup and eventually splintered off into our own site, my DJ'ing style at the time involved the heavy use of samples I'd lift from everyday life to movies and back again so it seemed fitting.

My style's changed since but the name's stuck, for those interested there's a couple of mixes on my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/5ampl3r
(someone beat me to Sampler so 5ampl3r is a common alt for me)
One mix is an homage to Aphex Twin, the other to the Trüby Trio - both quite different styles of music but both I've loved to bits when hearing and wanted to work with, you can hear a brief example of the remnants of my sampling spree in the Trüby mix with some Fast Show and a Monty Python dub.

JackandTom

Nov 17, 2010
Well, my username was just mine and my brothers names, "JackandTom". But thanks to an error on the Escapists behalf, it then had an odd "_delete" at the end of it. But luckily i've managed to fix it. Hopefully.

TheBlitz

Jun 6, 2011
From an episode of How I Met Your Mother. Yah, sue me, I like the show.

The only problem is people are quick to assume it's the other kind of Blitz, then wonder why I'm proud of using it as my name, being British and all.

killamanhunter

Mar 24, 2009
combine Martian Man Hunter with a character limit, a username needed on the fly to join the Pandemic Studios forums in anticipation of Mercenaries 2 and many other things and you get my third username in my history. Now I use Kriegsmarine0, nimdA esreveR and hsaD wobniaR.

squballs1234

Jul 9, 2009
This name is the name of an imaginary lizard i made up for my friends comics he made in grade 6, he was a little white chameleon that could make razor sharp spike protrude from any spot on his body. My buddy used him as a stealth tool for the main character. Squballs was kept in a belt pouch and used for things such as ; picking locks, cutting chains, glass cutter, and wire cutter.

ButterFunky

May 12, 2010
Sexual Pun. I first tried to see if anyone got the gamertag BattleJanitor, because the initials stood for something kids should not know until they're mature enough or at least know what sex is, but then it was already taken. So I had to think of a new one, and I did and it was "Butt F***".
"BuckFutt?" nah that's too obvious.
"BunkFunk?"
"Funkinyourbunk?" that's too much.

I was about change the base word/phrase until one of my friends, who was playing Halo 3, yelled "YOU FATA**, I BET YOU F*** YOURSELF WITH BUTTER! BUTTER F***ER!".

And then, boom, I became known as ButterFunker.
I still get messages from random people saying that they "LOL at my name because it sounds like Butt F***er".

Eventually I made some funk songs and I often described them as "Butter Funky Fresh".

And that's the story of my username.

AroLombardi

Apr 16, 2009
While I was creating a story, I was trying to think of a name. Now, I'm TERRIBLE at making names, so I was trying to think of items the protagonist used as sort of an inspiration. He used a bow and arrow, so I took the word arrow, shortened it so still sounded the same, and I guess it stuck. Then I stole the last name from Falco (Star Fox), because it sounded Italian, and because of Assassin's Creed, I was vury interested in Italy at the moment.

Spaghetti

Goes Well With Pesto
Sep 2, 2009
Signing up for RuneScape a few years ago, it threw me the name "Spagetti33" (spelling mistake and all). I stuck with it for a while, before I corrected the spelling mistake. Nowadays I like to drop the "33" when I can. Doesn't always work, but at least I'm one of the few true pastas on the 'scapist...

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
I was an immature 12 or 13 year old who liked Fire and so therefore liked silly words like "Blaze" and "Flamez" and so I made the name "Flamezdudes" for forum names. I grew up and couldn't be assed to change and stop doing it and so I kept it. To this day I still like fire a lot, but I like the words "Blaze" and "Flamez" a lot less now...

Angryranter101

Sep 20, 2010
Angry Ranter was meant for a single post, the idea ebiong it was what I would be, the service I would fufill and the 101 bit was just to show I am basically one in a long line and another faceless complainer on the cespit we call the internet in the drunken keyboard brawls we call forums. Ok, that even made me feel depressed.

Buccura

Aug 13, 2009
I was making an NPC for this game called Furcaida and wanted to name him Bukura (I was a Yu-Gi-Oh! fan at the time). Unsurprisingly, the name was taken, so I just changed the spelling. Then sometime later I joined Gaia online (Way back when it was GoGaia) and decided to use the name there as well. From there I began to become associated with that name so, it just kinda stuck from there on.

Sliverwings

May 1, 2010
A typo, it was ment to be Silver but Sliver came up instead... damn PSN not allowing us to change our names

Arctodus_Simus

When I say "oo", you say "long"
Aug 23, 2010
I'm quite a big hairy guy, tall too, with a pretty epic beard. An old nickname from high school was Bear.

Bear was, alas, taken.

BUT! I also wear glasses, so I picked the coolest Spectacled bear I could find. The rest is history. Pleistocene, to be exact :)

EDIT: this dude, for anyone interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arctodus