What's your age, and what are you currently most concerned about?

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
32, almost 33.

My biggest worry is being able to have kids. My wife and I have been trying for over a year and so far nothing. She has some medical problems that make her cycle erratic at the best of times and we are getting worried that we might not be able to conceive without expensive medical intervention.

Wafflemarine

Dec 12, 2011
25 and starting college for the first time this August. Living on my own and with 20 plus hours of work a week with 18 credits I will basically live at college and work. Work at UPS too so when it gets close to the holidays my work load dramatically increases. Tackling all this on my own with pretty much zero support from anyone.

Got summer classes to take and year round work so no breaks. Get to rack up debt just to make up working less hours then used to just to buy food and gas. So the realization that it will only get harder to go later and if I don't do it I will probably not get another shot.

Would also like to socialize and make friends in college never got a chance in high school and as an adult.

Mr S

Jul 13, 2010
20 and I am quite worried about what I want to do with my life. I already failed one study, and I have no idea what I want to do next. Right now I'm working 40 hours a week at a Customer Service Center. The work deadens my brain. I have an incredible urge to go back to college or to go work/live/play abroad for a couple of months/years.

..I just want to get out of my current environment..

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
I'm 27, and much like you, OP, I'm currently worried about my entry into the job market. I'm in the process of writing my Master's thesis, and despite the fact that I hate having to read mountains of literature for it I know I'm gonna do fine in the end.
However, the job market for teachers is pants, or at least it is in this state. There are myriad ifs and maybes connected to even getting in - for example, you'd need a way better average than what I'll get in the end in order to not get put on a waiting list - and job security is a bad joke compared to what it used to be.

VeneratedWulfen93

Oct 3, 2011
Leon Declis said:
VeneratedWulfen93 said:
I am also worried that I will not be able to get an 1850 list for a 40k tourney fully painted and highlighted in 5 weeks and so lose my painting point(which has lost me tournies before).
I know you're busy, so here is some advice.

1) Got friends? Bribe them with pizza to come have a movie night painting Warhammer. Set up a production line; each person does one colour. Did a whole 2000pt Nid army with my little brother that way.

2) Need something that looks good and is quick? Black primer, base coat, wash, highlight anything you see from above, don't worry about the rest. Next model.

3) I have said it in the first one, but production line! It is tiring, boring, and life-draining, but it is quicker, more consistent and you will see your skills improve. Paint for 2 hours, take 30 minutes break, do it again. Make a pledge to do it for 2 hours a day; you spend that on the internet messing around anyway. FOCUS!

4) Remember; a fully painted army with just base colours looks ten times better than a fantastic HQ, 3 members of your Troops, that one tank you half did and that 5-man squad you like so much leading the Grey Marines. Get paint on everything. THEN worry about highlighting it.

5) Consider getting an airbrush so you can base-coat the entire army; then use the airbrush to apply a wash; then put a light blue in there and do ALL of the lighting. You will have done 70% of the work in a single afternoon.

6) Remember the golden rule; faces and bases. If the base looks good, and the face looks good, and the rest looks just fine, the model will look good. People remember faces and bases.
Thanks, I guess its just an issue of motivation at the moment. I don't have to worry about faces that much as I play an Eldar Altansar army so as per the fluff all of them have helmets on (Had to decapitate my Autarch on a bike and put another Autarch helmet on him). My army isn't a unified colour scheme however, all Aspect Warriors are the colour of their respective shrines with elements on them reflecting the Craftworlds colours e.g. Dire Avengers with red and black mohawks. Guardians, tanks and wraith stuff is all the Craftworld colours however.

You are too right about highlighting though, I'm saving that till last. I highlighted my Warp Spiders and damn that was a pain and it made me swear to do all highlighting last.

Oh now I feel like painting! Time to go finish the second Dire Avenger squad.

Timmaaaah

Aug 8, 2009
I'm 22 and I'm most concerned about environmental, social and economic issues... Too many to list. We're heading in for something bad, or at least worse. My home countries (I consider myself to have two) of New Zealand and Australia are both headed for economic disaster, mainly Australia if our current government continues with it's antiquated policies, and both countries seem to want to follow the policies of the USA... I really hate to say it, but that is the worst move any country can make.

In terms of myself... I'm worried that my life is going nowhere and I don't know what the hell I'm going to do. I'll study something, but I may not even be able to get work in my industry after 3 to 4 years of study, and I'm worried that a university won't accept me if I want to study a certain subject. And I'm worried about my love life because that is just a disaster... So yea, those are my 22 year old person problems.

Timmaaaah

Aug 8, 2009
Elfgore said:
I'm eighteen, going to be nineteen in two weeks.

I'm currently worried about what I want to do with my life. I'm currently a history major, going for teaching. But now I'm doubting if that's what I really want to do with my life. One thing I learned when I reached college is that the decisions I make her will change my life. It's quite terrifying actually, not being guided to a goal. So, I'm constantly wondering what I can do for a living and not be totally miserable.
Right there with you. I studied for a year and dropped out to go overseas, where I stayed for 3 years... Best decision I ever made. It was foolish of me to think I knew what I wanted right out of high school. I'm going back soon and now I'm a lot better for it. I'm smarter, more independent, and just a better person than I was. Looking back at when I was 18/19, sure I was a nice enough guy, but I didn't understand the world enough. If I had any advice it would be that if you don't know what you're going to do, save some money and travel, then study.

Timmaaaah

Aug 8, 2009
omega 616 said:
25 in may.
I've been doing a work trail for 2 and a bit weeks (all unpaid) but I didn't exactly write essays about "what I had been doing to look for work". Basically, the system is a little fucked up, for ages now I've had a guaranteed placement, I just need to get past work trails and stuff ... however I can't simply put "have a placement in the bag, I just have to wait to get paid and then I can come off benefits" and leave it at that till I come off benefits.
Jesus CHRIST you've been on trial for 2 and a bit weeks? What country do you live in? That sounds fucking unacceptable!

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
I'm 30 and I'm mostly worried about the number of my socks that have got holes in the toe area. I really should just get some more but I can't be bothered. I'm also buying a house but I'm more excited than worried about that.

Reading a lot of these posts brings back a lot of memories. All I can say is that getting older is boss.

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
Timmaaaah said:
omega 616 said:
25 in may.
I've been doing a work trail for 2 and a bit weeks (all unpaid) but I didn't exactly write essays about "what I had been doing to look for work". Basically, the system is a little fucked up, for ages now I've had a guaranteed placement, I just need to get past work trails and stuff ... however I can't simply put "have a placement in the bag, I just have to wait to get paid and then I can come off benefits" and leave it at that till I come off benefits.
Jesus CHRIST you've been on trial for 2 and a bit weeks? What country do you live in? That sounds fucking unacceptable!
I think by "unpaid" he means "to remain eligible for my unemployment benefit", but in fairness I've always thought that whole idea is a little bit dodgy. I mean, why not just train everyone to be plumbers or plasterers? They can be self employed and get good money rather than doing shit-work for some bullshit company.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
I am 26 and very nearly 33 weeks pregnant. Overall, I worry about the health of the fetus (even though it is apparently right on track in development) and myself - but that's to be expected. In comparison to what I hear of other women's pregnancies, it seems like I'm breezing right through this one. So I'm quite fortunate. I also have some experience in caring for babies and children, so the aftercare isn't as daunting to think about. My husband has little to no experience with babies however, he seems far more worried. lol

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
21, just finished my degree. Apparently I was one of the first to take that shiny new degree and the only one graduated last year.
My main concern is to get fit, I realised I am way too skinny and physically weak. Been doing weight, but at irregular hours due to temporary work. I'm buying too many video games with no time to play them.

Oh and to find a proper full-time job too of course. My course had a lot of irrelevant subjects, now my range of skill is too broad but nothing concrete, in other words: jack-of-all-trades, master of none.

moostar

Nov 26, 2010
Elfgore said:
I'm eighteen, going to be nineteen in two weeks.

I'm currently worried about what I want to do with my life. I'm currently a history major, going for teaching. But now I'm doubting if that's what I really want to do with my life. One thing I learned when I reached college is that the decisions I make her will change my life. It's quite terrifying actually, not being guided to a goal. So, I'm constantly wondering what I can do for a living and not be totally miserable.

My feels as well. IM 18 years old, and I'm attending junior college atm to get a degree in computer repair.

My concern is math. I've had alot of difficulty with this subject in high school, and because of this, its making me very

fearful of my career choice which is a shame really cause I love being on computers. I also tend to think about how much of an

introvert I really am because I don't talk to too many of the students when I'm at the college. It makes me a bit

depressed.

Aug 19, 2010
I'm turning 17 in may, and my biggest concern is my future. More specifically, the part of my future immediately after finishing uni. I aspire to work in the video game industry (a dream that has gained me much respect, I might add /sarcasm), and hope to eventually found/co-found a company.

But I'm absolutely terrified of that particular time in my life, due to it being rather critical. Even the slightest of fuckups during that time (or before) will affect the rest of my life and dreams.

The majority of people my age still only care about sex, drugs, alcohol and parties (at least where I live, the sterotype ain't exaggerated). Me actually caring about what my life will look like in a few years makes we weird.

I have a generally a positive view of my future if things go mostly according to plan, but I'm also concerned about what it will be like if nothing goes according to plan. I'm floating around an imbalance of "bring it the fuck on, throw everything you have at me, I'll take it" enthusiasm and "oh shit go away I don't want responsibility" sheer terror.

Raikas

Sep 4, 2012
35 here, and the biggest concerns are mostly family-related. The wife and I are having conversations about whether or not we want to have kids (because if we do, now is probably a good time), and my father-in-law has been in poor health, so there's also a question about what we need to do with him, and both of those things lead into where we want to live - do we stay in North America where we both have solid careers, or do we choose family over money and settle in Europe (and if so, where: the in-laws are in the UK, while my family is in Belgium).

But honestly aside from the father-in-law situation, all of our options are pretty decent, so it's hard to think that we'll be making the wrong choice whichever way we end up going.

Rattja

Dec 4, 2012
24, and I worry about how many people I'll end up hurting, disappoint, or piss off before and after I die.

Can't stop it, can't prevent it, at some point it will happen and there is no way to avoid it.

clippen05

Jul 10, 2012
I'm currently 18.

My main concerns at the moment are thus: Will I do well in the rest of Uni? I got all 2.1's and firsts for my first semester, but this semester isn't shaping up too well. And it only gets harder from here. In a related fear, I'm worried about not being good at my prospective career. As someone who studies Computer Science and Business in a joint program, I'm probably leaning more towards some kind of programming job. But as I'm only taking half the modules as full-blow Computer Science students, I'm worried that I won't learn enough to be proficient. I did well in my Java module, but that was literally baby stuff. The field seems so complicated and I'm afraid of not being good enough. But it's too early to judge that I suppose. Thirdly, I'm worried about my dad. He was recently diagnosed with lymphoma and while before this I didn't have a care in the world about being half way across the globe from him, now I'm afraid; afraid enough to make me break down into tears when I first heard. Lastly, I'm worried if I'll ever actually find someone to love and even then if I'll do anything to ask that girl on a date. This is the least important one and it's definitely not something I'm too worried about; I'm still relatively young, but still, its demoralising being 18 and yet to even kiss a girl when many of my friends have had multiple girlfriends and all the 'perks' of a relationship.

CaptOfSerenity

Mar 8, 2011
21. Money

I'm a cinema major who's on his last year in undergrad studies. I can get a BA next year, which is what I want to do because I hate being in San Francisco and broke. Or, almost broke.