What's your avatar about

persephone

Poisoned by Pomegranates
May 2, 2012
Mine is a picture of a statue of Persephone, since my user name is Persephone. I deliberately chose an unfocused, gray picture as I felt that both the name and the picture reflected how I felt in life when I joined the Escapist. (And I guess I often still feel that way, too. But not always.) That's why I didn't capitalize my user name, too; I felt leaving it all lower case was a better fit for the feel I wanted.

talker

Nov 18, 2011
Ursarkar E. Creed, simply cuz he's an awesomesauce commander.

CRRREEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!

nat_401

Oct 18, 2011
Its a brick, I was once asked to get a profile picture on steam, to "show personality", so I picked the blandest picture I could find. I now use it for all profile and avatar pictures.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
Mine is Raul Julia's depiction of Gomez Addams. He is one of my favourite actors and it was a great loss when he died. He also made the Street fighter film actually worth watching:

Hell, he made anything he was in worth watching. A true legend.

Bla914ck

Jun 5, 2013
Its's Mag launcher from the Dreamcast game Evolution: The world of the sacred device because giant robot hands are cool

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
It's Harley Quinn in the Arkham City DLC which I have yet to play cos of lack of console ;_;

I thought it'd make a cool avatar, and Payback is indeed a ***** :p

I'm absolutely, creepily obsessed with Harley and like having her as my avatar. Looking to get a Harley themed tattoo for Christmas too...

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Mine is Ultramarines 2nd Captain Cato Sicarius.
The Ultramarines are the most badass faction in the most badass universe.
Cato Sicarius is a vainglorious jackass who is a poor representation of his Chapter, but he LOOKS like a perfect representation of it.

Close enough for an avatar...*shrug*

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Story said:
Casual Shinji said:
It's me in cartoon form. I drew it myself.

It might be a bit too smiley, considering I can be quite negative at times, but I guess it's best to smile even when you're the bearer of bad news.
You too, I've always really liked your art. You are incredibly talented.
Thanks!

It's odd when people you've seen around say they've seen and enjoyed your work.

It means my work precedes me! =D

Your avatar is pretty cool too. Do you draw much yourself?

Ikajo

Oct 31, 2013
Well, it's...me nothing more, nothing less. I just inverted the photo and made it black and white. Good enough for me.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
I'm a classy as all hell kinda chap, so I naturally have an avatar constructed by the finest teasmiths in all of England.

My previous avatar was Milo from 100 Bullets.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Mine is threatening you with terror unless you back the Obduction Kickstarter.

So GO. GO BACK THE OBDUCTION KICKSTARTER.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
I think it's still Kiba from Naruto. I was a HUGE Naruto fan while at uni and for a few years after I graduated in 2009 and Kiba was my favourite character. I've been on here for many years but don't comment as much as I used to so never bother changing my avatar...if I have and it isn't Kiba I don't remember doing it! Be a nice surprise when I click 'post'

EDIT: OH, it's Sokka from The Last Airbender...thought I had that on another site...wow!

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
It's Mendicant Bias from Halo (as seen in Halo Legends - Origin).

He's the brilliant AI the Forerunners built to lead their defense against the Flood but he was eventually convinced to betray the Forerunners by the Gravemind's persuasive message of zombie-peace and borg-unity.

EDIT: Funny that post 117 should end up being the guy with a Halo avatar.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
Mine is just a hilarious pic that I found from The Walking Dead with Rick and the horse both relaxing. That, and it speaks of my love for The Walking Dead... both TV show and comic.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
PureChaos said:
I think it's still Kiba from Naruto. I was a HUGE Naruto fan while at uni and for a few years after I graduated in 2009 and Kiba was my favourite character. I've been on here for many years but don't comment as much as I used to so never bother changing my avatar...if I have and it isn't Kiba I don't remember doing it! Be a nice surprise when I click 'post'

EDIT: OH, it's Sokka from The Last Airbender...thought I had that on another site...wow!
Hey, nothing to be ashamed of!!! Sokka is the man!

DrOswald

Apr 22, 2011
Mine is the player character from an NES platformer called Gimmick! released only in Japan and Scandinavia. It is a really good game and extremely beautiful for an NES game, really showing how a game can be beautiful despite technical limitations.