What's your Favorite book series.

The Woolly One

Nov 25, 2010
Davey Woo said:
I like the Mortal Engines series by Phillip Reeve.
Though they're the only book series I've really read, other than Hitchhiker's guide, which is too obvious to suggest.
Both of these, plus Lord of the Rings, His Dark Materials and the Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix.

The Mortal Engines series is fantastic, particularly the last book - A Darkling Plain.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Zenron said:
ReservoirAngel said:
The Black Magician Trilogy by Trudi Canavan.
Pretty much all of my other favourite books have been mentioned already(Night angel trilogy, wheel of time, mistborn), but The Black Magician Trilogy still remains to be my favourite. I had to re-buy them a second time because my old copies were falling apart from use. It's not as complex or technically as great as the other ones I mentioned, but whenever I pick it up I can't put it down again until I finish it.
I agree with you on that. I just bought the Magician's Guild on an impulse cause it looked quite good from the blurb but I read that damn thing in pretty much 2 or 3 sittings. I was just hooked. The other ones were much the same, just ploughed through them. Particularly the climactic chapters of The High Lord, those were some of the most amazing-feeling chapters I've read in any book.

To think, I still have the prequel book and 2 of the 3 sequel trilogy books to read. Might do it as a marathon. Prequel, Magician's Guild, The Novice, The High Lord, the Ambassador's Mission, then the Rogue. Then to wait for the final book of the Traitor Spy trilogy to be released.

Back OT: "The Bartimaeus Trilogy" (plus prequel) is also one of my favourite series of books. Amazing mythology, fantastic characters, gripping stories and very well-written.

Calico93

Jul 31, 2010
Apart from Harry Potter, Im saying Darren Shan's Demonata series. All 10 books really work together and all flow really well.
Not as well known as his Vampire series but IMO better.

This is just random but the book im reading atm is amazing. The original Tarzan Of The Apes. Might check out the rest of the series.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
I'm not really a book person, but I frickin' love Darren Shan's Demonata series. Like, a lot. A lot a lot. I'm sad the series has finished.
The end was unsatisfying though.

Necator15

Jan 1, 2010
I don't really know. It's hard to beat the Dresden Files for me. Wheel of Time is probably a close second. I can't wait for Ghost Story, I just reread Changes less than a week ago, and I forgot how badly it made me want the sequel... Which I'll read in a day and end up under incredible anticipation of the next one...

OptimisticPessimist

Nov 15, 2010
David Eddings' Elenium and Tamuli sagas. Lord, I miss that man. I've read and reread his books more than any others. Also, I have a soft spot for Glen Cook's Black Company series. I just finished the Books of Glittering Stone. Man, was that ending ever a kick in the balls, but it hurt so good. Anyway, he really sold me on first-person perspective writing.

HerrBobo

Jun 3, 2008
Gizmo1990 said:
I was trying to decide what my favorite book series was and was curious what other peoples was.

I had to decide between the Dresden files by Jim butcher, the codex Alera also by Jim butcher and the Night Angle trilogy by Brent Weeks. I choose the Dresden files but the codex Alera is only just behind.
The Rift War Saga, by Raymond E. Feist, for fantasy, without a doubt.

Then though you have His Dark Materials Trilogy, by Philip Pullman, which is also amazing.

I'll also give a shout-out to The Foundation Series by Isaac Asimov for sci-fi.

Then of course there are the obvious ones; Harry Potter, the Lord of The Rings, ect.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
It's a toss up between Asimov's Foundation series and the complete collection of Sherlock Holmes stories.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
wheel of time best series ive ever read.

Rest in peace Robert Jorden you will be missed:(

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
Mistborn, currently. My 'favourite' tends to change all the time but it's the most recent series that left a huge impact on me so it's my current favourite.

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
UltimatheChosen said:
Three-way tie between the Mistborn Trilogy, the Stormlight Archive, and the Gentleman Bastard sequence.
The Stormlight archive is looking amazingly promising. I can't believe I'm going to have to wait several years for the next one due to his other commitments :( I want to know what happens!

At least I'll have the alloy of law to tide me over in the next couple of months :)

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Almost of the books I thought about putting have been said already. (Pendragon, LotR, Bartimaeus, Artemis Fowl, Harry Potter, Legend of Drizzt and Wheel of Time)

So I'm going to choose Ranger's Apprentice and The Last Apprentice to be different, though Lord of the Rings is probably my real favorite.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
Revelation Space series by Alastair Reynolds. Rock-hard sci-fi space opera, the best of its kind.

His other books are certainly worth a read as well!