What's your favourite game of all time??

AyreonMaiden

Sep 24, 2010
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

It's critical to specify that I mean the 3DS remake.

It's more than just OoT on the go; it's OoT PRECISELY AS ENVISIONED BY MY NOSTALGIC MIND. It adds more detailed geometry, effects and textures where it counts and none where it would hurt. Because let's face it, even as an 8 year old I could see that it wasn't realistic. Fire is as flat as in the N64, hills are still sharp-angled, and hands are still slightly claw-like; but along with that, the skies are flawlessly beautiful, the colors pop with new vibrancy, the textures are detailed, the characters finally reflect the concept art with better proportions, and little details add more life to the world. Flowers grow here and there, walls are littered with posters, houses and shops are packed with their denizens' possessions...all precisely as my mind sees it when it fondly thinks back on the OoT of my childhood.

OoT3D is so far the most perfect remake I've ever seen and completely outdoes the original in my mind. Which is in many ways more impressive than making a new game altogether when thinking about the pedigree of the original.

TorqueConverter

Nov 2, 2011
Soldat. It's an infinite fun generator. It does something many games have forgotten these days; how to be fucking FUN. I may get caught up in some AAA sandbox, RPG or FPS titles but I will eventually tire of those games and come back to Soldat. I always come back to Soldat and Soldat is always there.

Smeatza

Dec 12, 2011
In no particular order:
Fallout: New Vegas
Dragon Age: Origins
Deus Ex
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Micro Maniacs
Age of Empires series
Final Fantasy 8
Viewtiful Joe series
And probably a bunch of others I'm forgeting.

doomspore98

May 24, 2011
Favorite games of the genres I name are:

jrpg = final fantasy 3
western rpg = fallout 3/deus ex human revolution
sandbox = red dead redemption/ac2
shooter = half life/left 4 dead
rts = starcraft
thats it

marobidoux

Oct 25, 2010
I'll go by platform :

NES : Super Mario Bros 3
SNES : Chrono Trigger
N64 : GoldenEye 007
Playstation : Final Fantasy VII
Playstation 2 : Metal Gear Solid 3 : Snake Eater
Playstation 3 : Demon's Souls / Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare
PC : The Elder Scrolls III : Morrowind / Starsiege Tribes

That's about it :)

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
theSteamSupported said:
I don't believe in having favourites. It's more effective to point out specific elements and contexts I like.
Well, uh, what's your favourite...RGP (Western or JRPG)?

Legion IV

Mar 30, 2010
ronald1840 said:

Waiting for P4: Golden!
This game! Hate hate, started perfect, wanted to call it a masterpeice but the endings the worst thing on this planet! That ending that ending thawrgrdgrdfghdfghdfghd FTGHfghfjgfjgh. and before you say anything yes i got the true ending...

I gotta calm down...

OP: Its tough. Resident Evil 1, Armored Core Last raven... wait wait, Best game ever made ever. Guilty Gear. /win

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
That would probably go to Shadow of the Colossus. I absolutely love that game. To me, everything about it is just perfect. The simple yet engaging story, the beautiful soundtrack, the variety in colossi, the scale and epicness of the fights, and tons of replay value through Hard Mode and Time Attack mode.

This is followed by (in no particular order)

Final Fantasy IX
Metal Gear Soild 3 Snake Eater
Mass Effect series (Just need to get a better ending)
Oddworld Abe's Oddysee
Pokemon series
Banjo Kazooie
Valkyria Chronicles

These are only a few examples.

darkfox85

May 6, 2011
Posting in a thread like this feels like shouting a song request at a ?that-totally-awesome-and-loved-by-everyone-without-exception-band? concert. But, who knows?

1st] Fallout 3 [GOTY]
2nd] Perfect Dark
3rd] Metal Gear Solid

I?m glad so many people mentioned Fallout 3. I was under the impression it was generally regarded as sort of ?meh.?

FolkLikePanda

Apr 15, 2009
Metal Gear Solid 1/3
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back/3: Warped/Team Racing
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City/San Andreas
Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time
Star Wars: BattleFront II
Pokémon Gold/Silver
DOOM
Red Dead Redemption
Resident Evil 2/4
Super Mario Galaxy

jakel_hybrid

Oct 26, 2010
Deus Ex
Planescape Torment
Half Life 2
Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast
Assassin's Creed 2
Starcraft: Brood War
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Mass Effect 3(Including the ending)

Readial

May 26, 2010
I only have 2 so far:

Crash Bandicoot: Warped.Probably the very first game in my gaming life that I bothered to finish completely. And I still do play it if I am bored. Besides, who doesn't love a Woompa Bazooka!!!? This game had gone on character progression unlike any other platformer at its time, granting abilities as bosses were crushed. Oh and the fact that the game was a stress reliever as if you saw Crash die you would grinned instead of cringe.

Tekken Tag Tournament: Probably the pinnacle of the series. I've played this since it was in the arcades and got it for my PS2, AND CONTINUED ON PLAYING FAR AFTER THE GAME IS CONSIDERED OBSOLETE. Very fun, very intuitive for its time and very memorable to this day. Hyped for its sequel.

Dead Seerius

Feb 4, 2012
Based on the consoles I own.
PS2 - Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal and Jak 2 were great. Never got around to playing Shadow of the Colossus though.
Wii - Skyward Sword
Xbox 360 - The ENTIRE Assassin's Creed franchise and The Orange Box (that might be cheating but between Portal and Half Life... how can you pick?)

Number-14

Dec 13, 2010
Almost everything I have played over my years are my favorite, that includes Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, Infamous, Prototype, Ratchet and Clank series, Sly Raccoon series, Kingdom hearts, Skyrim, Portal and the list goes on.

theSteamSupported

Mar 4, 2012
Lucem712 said:
theSteamSupported said:
I don't believe in having favourites. It's more effective to point out specific elements and contexts I like.
Well, uh, what's your favourite...RGP (Western or JRPG)?
To be frank, neither JRPG's or WRPG's has really been my thing. I have played some games with RPG elements though (most notably 'Ratchet & Clank 3' and 'Bioshock'). The thing is that I don't enjoy role-playing, but I do adore upgrade systems.

I like games the are straight-forward and to-the-point, while still giving room for exploration. So I prefer open-ended games with a linear directive (Minecraft being an exception for including elements of user creation).