What's your favourite game soundtrack?

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Assassin's Creed 2's soundtrack is simply a masterpiece.
http://www.youtube.com/user/gamesoundtrack#p/c/0/c3udu4SUsIc

Biggest disappointment with Revelations was that the soundtrack simply wasn't remotely as epic.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
A majority of the Mega Man X games have music I regularly listen to. I also enjoy a lot of music from Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne or Digital Devil Saga 1/2 from the same series though I've never actually played them.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Blue Deity said:
Chrono Trigger
This. For the love of everything that is awesome, this.

I love others as well; Halo, Final Fantasy (pretty much any of them), Gears of War, Lost Odyssey, Morrowind, The World Ends With You... but Chrono Trigger is amazing.

EGtodd09

Oct 20, 2010
A full soundtrack is quite different to a theme song, i.e. I fucking love the Deus Ex: Human Revolution theme song but the rest of the soundtrack is meh. I think the best would be the Halo soundtrack, the first one. The Halo 2 soundtrack is quite nice, and has more variety, but I actually hate most of those new extra songs. Both soundtracks have an equal number of awesome songs really, and I listen to both.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Ocarina Of Time and Super Metroid has the most memorable soundtracks to mwa.

Shadow Of The Colossus and Total Annihilation has the most powerful melody's I've heard so far.

BishopofAges

Sep 15, 2010
Parasite Eve 1, seriously, I got the sound track and it is absolutely fun to play in the background of TF2. I guess I am just a sucker for piano and eletric guitar.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
Score or Soundtrack?

Saints Row 2 probably had some of the best in-game radio stations I have ever found in a game. The Fall of Troy + Paramore = Awesome.

Score? Well you can't go wrong with Oblivion, and honestly few things beat that intro into main menu.

TheDehumanized

Jul 26, 2011
Metal Gear Sountracks
Final Fantasy X and Crisis Core
Silent Hill Soundtracks as stated above "Particularly 2 and 4"
Mirrors Edge

TheDehumanized

Jul 26, 2011
triggrhappy94 said:
Score or Soundtrack?

Saints Row 2 probably had some of the best in-game radio stations I have ever found in a game. The Fall of Troy + Paramore = Awesome.

Score? Well you can't go wrong with Oblivion, and honestly few things beat that intro into main menu.

agreed, if were talking about songs featured in a game not just songs written for a game I really liked the radio stations in Saints Row 2, feel they kinda dropped the ball with Saints Row the Third though

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
TheDehumanized said:
triggrhappy94 said:
Score or Soundtrack?

agreed, if were talking about songs featured in a game not just songs written for a game I really liked the radio stations in Saints Row 2, feel they kinda dropped the ball with Saints Row the Third though
Yeah I know what you mean. I beat The Third last night, and I was alittle disapointed. Its still a really good game, I was just hoping it would have more and be better than the second.
Also, how come I never got a chance to hook up with Viola?

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
Medal of Honor 2010

I mean... just listen to this and feel the emotions that drive this glorious piece of music.

Serving UpSmiles

Aug 4, 2010
Cannot believe this thread has no mentioned mw2's epic soundtrack, every one good, especially this one.

Mw3's sountrack was a disapointment though

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
Ooh, I LOVE video game soundtracks. I'll just pick a handful, though

Any/All Silent Hills, but most likely 2
Arkham Asylum/Arkham City
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Okami
Fable I