What's your favourite game soundtrack?

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
I have quite a couple.
Persona 4
Catchy, upbeat, and sometimes truely epic if needed.

After just starting Metal gear Solid 3, I can already tell it has some wonderful music.

Portal 2 is truely magnificent. Top notch.

Last but not least, L.A. Noire. The game was ok, but the music was GENIUS!

I have more, but I'm lazy too lazy.

Dec 9, 2009
I've love Skyrim's soundtrack so far. I also enjoyed Deus Ex: Human Revolution too. Then there's Assassin's Creed, all of them, and of course BASTION! There is one of those that I like a little bit more than the others. Oh and Demon's Souls as well.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Sonicron said:
I really can't decide - it's a toss-up. I find the scores to both Dawn of War II and Assassin's Creed II equally brilliant.

Ah my good Spess Mahreen, you have good taste. If I had to choose songs to best represent Dawn of War 2, I'd go with these three.

As for your pick, give my regards to Slaanesh Eldar!

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Oh there are too many to choose.

I always have been partial to Marty O'donnell's work (Bungie games). Every soundtrack from the Halo series is beautiful and there are no words to describe Siege of Madrigal (Myth series)

Bastion's soundtrack completely blew me away. Mother, I'm here, Build that wall, and Setting sail are all in my top five video game songs. The rest of the soundtrack is not that far behind.

The soundtrack from Mirrors Edge was awesome and Still Alive is probably what got me to buy that game in the first place, I just wish the game lived up to the hype. I still had fun in it but it had so much more potential.

Almost every single song in the Sonic Adventure series. I grew up on those games and Crush 40 will forever be the king of sonic music in my eyes. I can appreciate the 2d games and the bit music present in them but I'll take Metal Harbor over Chemical Plant any day.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
Ocarina Of Time

The blend of music into gameplay was awesome. I have never loved a games music as much as I did for OoT. MM was also good but I prefered OoT list like The Windmill Hut, Lost woods, Kakariko Village & Gerudo Valley.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
I would post Phoenix Wright Trials and Tribulation's Cornered theme again, but let's change it up a bit.

So damn satisfying to pull a good Turnabout Mode off

"The one who actually commited the crime *desk slam* WAS YOU!"

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
I don't have one favourite. It ties between Assassin's Creed 2, Mass Effect 1+2, and Skyrim. Xenosaga III would probably be there if I had played them, considering Yuki Kajiura composed it.

MajorTomServo

Jan 31, 2011
Either Parappa the Rapper or Little Big Planet. Metal Gear Solid isnt far behind though.

And Super Smash Bros Brawl, if that counts. It's like a nintendo greatest hits album.

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
One word: Tyrian. A great game for a great operating system (MS-DOS) with great music. Not to mention said great music sounds way better on FM synthesis than it does on General MIDI. A rare thing for a game from the mid-1990s.