When is a Door Not a Door?

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Ahhhh yes, Book. That's one of my favorite books as well. Did you know that the author of Book also wrote Story and was one of the cowriters of TV Show?

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
it nutella really that beloved by the community? XD I only recall trying it back in high school, and finding it quite weird tasting.

As a kid I used to eat peanut butter from the container, though. with a utensil, of course.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Eternal_Lament said:
Funny thing, never had Nutella before. Considering how batshit everyone goes for it and the fervor for which they'll defend it, I don't think I'll ever pick it up myself. I guess what I'm trying to say is I at least I know I have some class...can't say the same about anyone else here who has had Nutella. :)
I'm also slightly weirded out by this craze, but for entirely opposite reasons: I've always known it, and never considered it special.

It's like everyone suddenly started waxing lyrically about margarine.

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
lacktheknack said:
Guilty as charged.

EVERYONE here will be guilty as charged, and they're lying if they say they aren't. :D
I am not guilty has charge, I use a knife or a spoon in the two case, that way I don't have to clean my finger and whatever input device I am trying to use. =p

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
lacktheknack said:
Guilty as charged.

EVERYONE here will be guilty as charged, and they're lying if they say they aren't. :D
Nope, I prefer peanut butter. Nutella just doesn't taste good to me at all. Sorry, no lie... and I tried it wayyyyy back in 2000 before it was popular and still preferred peanut butter. That being said I'm guilty of eating peanut butter out of the jar, both with and without utensils and bread.

K.ur

Jul 31, 2013
Ladies, Gentleman and Erin (Carter/Rydell). I present to you

Nutella to go
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=nutella+to+go&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Anutella+to+go

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
lacktheknack said:
Guilty as charged.

Oh, we used to dream about eating Nutella from the jar...

But no jar. No Nutella. No bread.

Only Gulag.

Such is life...

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
I also don't like Nutella...it's too sweet.
Okay that's a lie, I don't eat Nutella because I don't like it.
I just plain old dont like chocolate.

Speculoos on the other hand is yummy. :D

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
Y'know, it's weird. I like the idea of Nutella (nut-butter spread with some chocolate in it?! An invention 2nd in brilliance only to penicillin, it is!), but I was sorely disappointed by the actual product. But I know somewhere out there, there's a wonderful, perfect combination of spreadable nuts and cocoa out there waiting for me. I JUST HAVE TO FIND IT!!!

Lawnmooer

Apr 15, 2009
Meh...

Not a huge fan of Nutella (As far as chocolate spread's go, it's one of the nicer ones) but it's mainly because I'm neither a massive fan of chocolate nor of sandwiches (Toast, I use marmalade for the most part)

As far as eating Nutella out of the jar? Nope, never done it.

I have though, both drank/eaten straight out of a golden syrup can AND also used ham as a pseudo spoon for mayonnaise...

While I get the obvious joke of the comic (Trying to be civilised via not eating directly out of the jar but going in the opposite direction with the edible pseudo spoon) I can't help but shake the feeling I'm missing a less obvious/wider joke.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
lacktheknack said:
canadamus_prime said:
lacktheknack said:
Guilty as charged.

WRONG! I don't eat Nutella.
How do you live life? D:

You really should, man. It's like someone mixed heaven with chocolate and put it in a jar.

BTW, guys... A door is not a door when it's a-jar.
Haven and chocolate?
Never had haven, so I can't exactly argue on that part.
But when it comes to chocolate, Nutella is few parsecs away from actual chocolate taste
It is brown and sweet and smells kinda like chocolate- this is how close it comes to chocolate
Hell, the cocoa I make have more cocoa powder than jar of Nutella
0.5l cup of cocoa=4 teaspoons of cocoa powder+2 teaspoons of sugar+300ml of water+200ml of milk
It can variate depending on my mood, but that is a baseline I usually stick to
But then again, I'm one of those strange people who likes mint infused black chocolate
So maybe I'm not right person to judge others

Mike Fang

Mar 20, 2008
JimB said:
momijirabbit said:
I don't think I understand the joke.
Though she is obeying the letter of the law, Erin is breaking the spirit because despite using bread, she's still eating straight from the jar. She was supposed to get a knife and spread the Nutella on the bread, not use a bread as an edible spoon to shovel Nutella into her mouth with.
....e'yeah, I believe this qualifies as a "weaksauce joke".

K84

Feb 15, 2010
Is Nutella new in countries outside Europe?, cuz here it's common sandwich/bread fodder since ages.
I don't get the attention it's getting lately.
And it's not that great, it's not like Speculoos.
*drool*

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
When it's A-jar. What else ya got, Nygma?
Teoes said:
AntiChrist said:
I once read "Book" back in high school - it's an undisputed masterpiece.
However the inevitable eventual Film adaptation will be widely-regarded as shit, having completely missed the point and cut out all the important details.
Yeah, I've heard about the same thing from it's book-on-tape version, Tape. The fact that it's on a CD was the beginning of its problems.