When was the last time something made you actually cry/tear up?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Years ago when I was watching that anime film "Grave of the fireflies" near the ending with the main character sister (you know which part I'm referring to). Yeah I don't get tear up that easily and no I don't think that's a good thing either.

positiveParadox

Sep 1, 2012
This. I'm a bit of a teary-eyed crybaby, but it's just so beautiful. Oh well. When this "Thrift Shop" craze ends, I hope "Same Love" will be remembered.

Nubrain

Sep 17, 2010
well I just finished watching Madoka Magica yesterday so anyone who's seen that anime will know why I was seldom dry eyed while watching it. Then I went on amazon wondering how much it would cost and cried again $110+ for a 12 episode anime?

I'm generally a big softy though and cry quite a bit. I was recently rereading something i wrote and bawled when one character almost died even when I knew that he was going to live and be just fine.

If you really want to get me to tear up though you just have to play this song

It gets me every time but jut because I knew a little boy just like the one in the song the son of my mother's best friend. He's gone to heaven now and just the starting few notes of that song makes me think of him and get teary eyed.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
Me and my friend had a compition to see who would cry first, while listening to my "depressing songs" playlist, and reading the "Tearjerker" section of TV tropes.

I'm afraid to say I lost. Heart of stone that girl. HOW CAN YOU NOT CRY AT THE ENDING OF RED DEAD REDEMPTION?! :'(

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
I'm not sure if it was the commercial that had me teared up or if it was the fact that this was a beer commercial that did it.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
CleverCover said:
Playing the Walking Dead last two episodes made me weep.
Accidently killing Ben in ep. 4 and then when Ben and Kenny ended up dying later anyway and that ending

Otherwise....nothing I can remember recently. The animated short gave me happy feels though.
...how do you accidentally do that?

OT: Haven't cried in... ages. Not that I can remember anyway. Watching this makes me fill with happy welling up glee.

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
I'm pretty sure it was the end of Toy Story 3, when I saw it in the cinema, and even then I'm not sure if I actually cried or just came close.

Cheesepower5

Dec 21, 2009
Tanis said:
Recently re-watched The Lion King, so...
My dad always identified more with Scar, so the whole Mufasa thing was more like losing a cool uncle to me.

Basically, this girl in Katawa Shoujo. I'm not going into grave detail, but her story in the game sort of hit a cord with my current family situation, and really made me feel like shit for a while.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Yesterday, relationship pushing me to the brink of my sanity.

Edit, in entertainment, it's gotta be:

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Lovely Mixture said:

It was the Hobbit for me, too. Not the ending, though; it was when Bilbo says, "Yes, I do miss my home, but that's why I came back. Because you don't have one".

I'm not kidding; a single, manly tear fell at that line.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
Kinda makes me feel petty compared to the other stuff on here but
Ray Lewis' last home game against Indianapolis when he did his final squirrel dance at midfield.
Was there during the game and almost everybody around me was tearing up as well.

z121231211

Jun 24, 2008
After not crying to anything entertainment (movies, Video games, etc.) a scene in Apocalypse Now finally does it.
When the black kids dies on the boat.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
Hmm. I guess 4 or 5 years ago when I was watching Requiem For a Dream. Pretty damn sad movie.

Oinodaemon

Apr 9, 2009
I cried over Bela dying in a Wheel of Time. No other death got to me...that damned horse, all plucky and shit...

Bebop

Apr 22, 2012
The episode of Clannad After Story with Misae and her cat. Not sure why, but it really got to me.

II Scarecrow II

Feb 23, 2011
http://9gag.com/gag/6074042?ref=mobile?#_=_

Pretty much the saddest thing I have ever read, perhaps because of the inevitably, and partly because I have always been on excellent terms with my dad. This is the only thing that can consistently bawl my eyes out, not just gently weep :'(

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
In media: The ending of the ps3 game Journey
In personal life: When my dog passed away a couple of months ago, miss him alot.