When was the last time you cried and/or teared up during a video game?

GoblinOnFire

Jul 28, 2008
adjutant55 said:
Not to beat a dead horse, or a dead thread for that matter, I guess you could save I cried while playing Mario Cart 64. I paused to use the restroom, and when I came back, I started playing, not realizing my fly was down. During gameplay, I quickly zipped back up, catching myself in my zipper.

It brought tears to my eyes.
You won this thread!

Rezfon

Feb 25, 2008
never actually cried in a game but the closest that I was brought to was probably the FFX ending, having played 200 hours of it before I completed it (mainly getting all the little extras in the game- dark aeons, aquiring all the aeons, getting the god weps and completing the node tree on a few chars) and getting rather attatched to the chars, if you played it you'd know about the ending.

Nebr66

Aug 8, 2008
i can't say a game has ever made me cry because it was sad, a couple of RPGs have come pretty close though. the only time i ever cried playing a game would have to be the level 'run bender run' from Futurama the game

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
MGS4 was my latest emotional trip. All throughout it, the epicness is so immense it can break down anyone.

Liquid155

Aug 8, 2008
Didn't cry, but damn did I feel torn up after Virmire in Mass effect. Same at the ending of C.O.D 4

Also, Lavitz in Legend of the Dragoon T_T

rryyann

Aug 4, 2008
I've never actually cried.
But there was one time I teared up.
I was eleven and I was playing 007: Nightfire.
When they pushed Dominique of the building.

Liquid155

Aug 8, 2008
Autistic Lemon said:
I've never actually cried.
But there was one time I teared up.
I was eleven and I was playing 007: Nightfire.
When they pushed Dominique of the building.
Dude, I remember that too. It took me a while to believe it actually happened and she was actually dead.

sanspec

Nov 6, 2007
call of duty 4: you play this guy that goes thru alot to save a girl in a crashed heli and a nuke ends up going off, killing you and ur crew

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
X iPr0diigy said:
The death of carmine how sad
I laughed and played that level over and over again just to see the fool stand up and get his head popped. There has never been a better cutscene than that one.

Cerebrium

Aug 3, 2008
conqueror Kenny said:
X iPr0diigy said:
The death of carmine how sad
I laughed and played that level over and over again just to see the fool stand up and get his head popped. There has never been a better cutscene than that one.
I lol'd so hard at that part.

"Guys, my gun keeps jamming, loo-BOOM!"

But to contribute, HL2 Ep2. It wasn't the fact that
It wasn't the fact that Eli dies, it was just listening to Alyx cry, and the screen just fades to black. :(

bananamin

Aug 8, 2008
In bioshock, I hypnotized a big daddy and enraged another, when the clash of the titans was over, the plasmids wore off in the fight and I couldn't tell who won, but the victor was so weak in the end that he didn't seem useful any more, so one pistol shot brought him down.

...I never felt so bad in my life

SecretTacoNinja

Jul 8, 2008
I don't remember if I welled up during games, I did shed a little tear at the end of Twilight Princess (after the credits), I got emotional when Sgt Johnson died, I seem to recall saying "You died once how can you die again!?" (legendary ending on Halo 1, Johnson hugged an Elite before the Halo exploded) I was really annoyed because it sucked the bliss out of killing the fucking 343 Guilty Spark (but not all of the bliss). Oh and the meeting with Andrew Ryan was a real smack in the face. But I've never really welled up. I have during films and Anime though, Wolf's Rain ending... ;_;

Drmortuss

Jul 2, 2008
Only time I have ever really Bawwwd during a game was probably the ending of Mass Effect, don't really know why but I did... On second thought it was most likely the shear epicness of the ending.

yourkie1921

Jul 24, 2008
I almost teared up during no more heroes during the 6th ranking fight (I mean the fight that gives you rank 6, not the 6th one you fight). Only time in the whole story of the game I thought they weren't trying to be offhandedly funny. But no, I didn't actually cry.

Skalman

Jul 29, 2008
The ending of mass effect brought a tear to my eye, first game to ever have done that.

Warrenplat

Apr 9, 2008
For some bizarre reason I teared up during the opening song in Kingdom Hearts 2. I have absolutely no idea why, but it happens every time I hear that song, or I at least get sad.

Jman1236

Jul 29, 2008
I'm going to stop reading at Page 8 due to spoilers but for me, the first time I remeber crying over a video game was when I was 15 and I viewed the ending of Klonoa:Door to Phantomile. I won't spoil anything but during the last second half of the game, everything you thought you knew about the main characters gets flipped floped espeically at the end after you win the game and save the world. Did not see that coming at all.

P.S. I've only been on the forums for a few months.