When was the last time you cried and/or teared up during a video game?

gunkata

Feb 6, 2008
The end Boss fight in Metal Gear Solid 3, and then after all is said and done the ending sequence.

I didn't cry, but I definitely had to wipe my eyes.

mephidrossxx

Feb 4, 2008
I cried significantly during the endings of Metal Gear Solid 3,Persona 3, Xenosaga 3(long cry the ending last 1 hour or more)and Yakuza.

Iceman23

Dec 20, 2007
While I've never cried, I can recall a few times where I have teared up a bit.

Sergeant Johnson's death at the end of Halo 3

Kaiden's death in Mass Effect (well he died the during my first play through, because I went back for Ashley)

Wrex's possible death in Mass Effect (he too died on my first play through, although it did teach me exactly why the charm skill is so important)

There are several moments in other games where I just feel a depressed feeling over the loss of a character, no matter how insignificant they were to the plot. STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl had a lot of these moments:

Returning to the rookie camp at Cordon to find that Wolf had left to go into the zone... and then finding his corpse being crudely cremated by some Loner stalkers in the Warehouse area a few hours later, that struck a cord with me. The list of these goes on.

Fenixius

Feb 5, 2007
Mission 3 of the original Homeworld... Adagio for Strings was the single most perfect choice of music I've ever heard in a game... Nothing's ever got to me like that scene. With the picture of Kharak in the background, reduced to a molten glass orb in the stars...

I wish other games were so good they made me tear up. That really sold Homeworld for me, nothing that happened after that put me off the game, no matter what. Even that damned derelict that stole my entire fleet, I still loved the game.

weng

Feb 8, 2008
I have never cried because of a video game. I never find them emotional. They are a game, to be played how you like.

AnGeL.SLayer

Oct 8, 2007
When I realized the cake wasnt a lie and it was wayyy down at the bottom of the lab and i was way up on the top. oh the irony. the next portal should be the mission to save the cake.

(sorry had to be done)

^_^

cuchillo0

Feb 8, 2008
never! but i did feal emotional in a flash game called passage, i cant believe how it all just ends, if youv played it you know what im talking about

PhatDoughBoy

Feb 8, 2008
I teared u end of Disgaea Hour of Darkness at the end when Flonne died.
I swear, that is the best game ever.

Forte

Jan 28, 2008
some how, the into scene into Kingdom Hearts with Simple and Clean always gets me. dunno why. the end of it too made me alil teary.

but the cake is taken when Tidus dissapears infront of Yuna's eye's at the end of FF10

wilsonscrazybed

thinking about your ugly face
Dec 16, 2007
I cried about halfway through the first level of fallout: tactics. That's about the time I realized that the franchise was officially dead.

Alwowpal

Feb 8, 2008
Only two times have I cried in a video game

1. The end of blue rescue team "B-b-but... I don't want to go..." *Poof* "Waaahhhhh"
2. FF7 Aerith

Pharsyde

Jan 9, 2008
Every fucking time I beat Chrono Trigger. It never fails. I get so sad when to game ends, so I played it again and again.
BAWWWW I remember that music now. =(

Bishop99999999

Dec 6, 2007
I felt worse after the end of FF7. Seeing the world saved and ending on that last shot of Aeris, basically right where we started, really hit home.

runtheplacered

Oct 31, 2007
mastersppd said:
thebobmaster said:
Personally, the last time I cried was during Aerith's death scene. Even though I knew it was coming, I was not prepared for the music and elegance of it. Last time I teared up was yesterday, playing Mass Effect. AA Tower/bomb site. If you've played the game, you know.
I saw that one coming. I thought FFVII was crap. But I guess a lot of people like it. Plus it's funny how you said that was the last time you cried and then went on to say the last time you teared up was during Mass Effect. So which one is it buddy? Lol.

Anyway, tearing up during a game is cool... for chicks.
I saw it coming that someone was going to say they thought ff vii was crap. :/ Yes, a lot of people do like that game.

My guess is he meant to say the last game before Mass Effect came out, that made him cry, was FF VII.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
The ending of CoD4 made my eyes water, and the death of kaiden/ashely made my eyes water a bit. Apart from those two there isn't anything I can remember.

Enemy_Combatant

Feb 8, 2008
Respectfully, I cannot imagine that one would cry due to a videogame. In frustration at the asinine quality/waste of currency, frustration and etc - Yes.

My FINAL answer is that the gameplay/content of a videogame has never caused me to cry.

(After a moment's thought): OK, OK... like a long-forgotten, newly rediscovered friend, revisiting a game of my yoot and hearing the musical soundtrack might have brought back fond memories of times-gone-by and inspired a tear in my eye. But I haveta say that strictly speaking, this would be a tear of nostalgia, not a tear focused towards the game. Forgive and disregard my initial sentence pls, I guess I CAN imagine someone finding a tear.