When Will Pixar Make a Bad Movie?

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
I am just simply curious, for as we all know, Pixar is one of the few companies not to have a Bad Movie. All there movies so far have been critically and commercially successful: Toy Story 1, 2, Bugs Life, Monster's Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredible's, Cars, Ratatouille, Wall-E, and Up. It also seems that Toy Story 3 Will be another Home Run hit. My question is: When do you think Pixar will make a Bad Film? To me, they have 3 chances of sucking: Cars 2, Because Cars was their least successful (though still successful) film, and the Sequel feels weird when reading it: McQueen goes to race around the World and Mader becomes a Secret Agent... Yeah..., Brave, Pixar's first Fairy Tale movie and their first princess film: A Bear Princess would rather be an archer and accidentally causes the fall of the royal family, and Newt: 2 Newts live in a Scientific lab, and since their species is endangered, they have to reproduce, but the Male newt is Clean and the Female Newt is Messy (NOTE: This has been taken off of the Official Pixar List on Wikipedia, but it was there).

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I don't really think they will. Too much time, effort and money goes in to making their films.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I didnt like cars

Enigma6667

Apr 3, 2010
When hell freezes over and pigs start flying.

Seriously even their worst film (Cars) wasn't that bad.

Rand-m

Feb 8, 2009
I recently wrote a full out essay for English on their production process. It's flawless in every way. (The process, that is... but the essay still got a 94%)

Nylis

May 5, 2010
Well even with all the movies they have coming out that you mentioned. Yeah the ideas don't seem to be that great, but neither did Ratatouille, and that movie was great.

I'm sure some of the other movies didn't sound so good on paper at first, but ended up being huge successes.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
To be honest, I'm worried about Toy Story 3. The second film is pretty much the only stinker I've seen from Pixar[footnote]I never saw Cars though... and I didn't exactly hear people singing its praises.[/footnote], and I don't really know if the time away from the franchise will necessarily have improved things.

Nylis

May 5, 2010
scotth266 said:
To be honest, I'm worried about Toy Story 3. The second film is pretty much the only stinker I've seen from Pixar, and I don't really know if the time away from the franchise will necessarily have improved things.
Head on over to Rotten Tomatoes website if you are worried. Right now it's at 100%, with 81 critics basically saying it's a great movie. Also, Toy Story 2 got a 100% as well, so you're in the minority as far as thinking it was a stinker.

crazyfoxdemon

Oct 2, 2009
scotth266 said:
To be honest, I'm worried about Toy Story 3. The second film is pretty much the only stinker I've seen from Pixar[footnote]I never saw Cars though... and I didn't exactly hear people singing its praises.[/footnote], and I don't really know if the time away from the franchise will necessarily have improved things.
What really worries me about Toy Story 3 is its intended audience... I mean how many 5-10 year olds have really heard of Toy Story before?

Nylis

May 5, 2010
crazyfoxdemon said:
scotth266 said:
To be honest, I'm worried about Toy Story 3. The second film is pretty much the only stinker I've seen from Pixar, and I don't really know if the time away from the franchise will necessarily have improved things.
What really worries me about Toy Story 3 is its intended audience... I mean how many 5-10 year olds have really heard of Toy Story before?
From what I heard from the reviews, Toy Story 3 is actually darker than the first 2, so it's got a more mature feel to it.

EDIT: It's still a family movie tho, of course.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I didn't like Monsters, Inc.

But really, do you want Pixar to make a bad movie? I sure as hell don't; I'm starting to depend on them for high-quality family movies.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
I really can't imagine them messing up. I mean, the writing and characters are just so dang awesome. Even if I hate one, there's 20 more to love.

I do tend to turn offmy brain when watching animation though so... maybe they're just keeping me from overthinking their films(otehr than UP, which was ubermazing in every way and on every level)

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
AvsJoe said:
I didn't like Monsters, Inc.

But really, do you want Pixar to make a bad movie? I sure as hell don't; I'm starting to depend on them for high-quality family movies.
Not really, this is just a question I have been thinking of. Because it's very hard for any movie company to never ever make a steaming pile of poo. Eventually Pixar will, we all have to accept that.

lee1287

Apr 7, 2009
i cant wait till toy story 3 comes out over here. Ill be charging them kids too see it. Toy story 1 was the only film my dad didnt fall asleep through!

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
So long as Up exists, it cancels out any sort of bad that Pixar has created.