When Will Pixar Make a Bad Movie?

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Pixar now has a chance of a bad film slipping through because after Wall-E, that was the end of the original ideas they put together by the original heads of the company. Those movies were like magic, and now it's run out.

Only time will tell........

P.S: Oh, and Cars sucked. Instead of a Cars sequel, why not a fucking Incredibles sequel? Is that too much to ask?

Mr. McFuzzers

Jun 7, 2010
I really hope Pixar doesn't make a bad one.
Every movie Pixar makes is a good one and I think they will continue to be.

Nylis

May 5, 2010
I believe Pixar will cease to exist and just call it quits before they actually make a bad movie.

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
On a scale to me "bad" is below 40%, so Pixar have never come even close to that range. The worst film they made (in my view) "Cars" was still in the 70% range and most of what they do is in 90% range (Toy Story and Up being my favorites). I don't think a "bad" film is coming anytime soon, but we might see some average ones in time.

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
JaredXE said:
Pixar now has a chance of a bad film slipping through because after Wall-E, that was the end of the original ideas they put together by the original heads of the company. Those movies were like magic, and now it's run out.

After "Wall-E" they had "Up" which was one of the best films (not Pixar films, not animated films, simply films) I've ever seen. The character, settings, and message were all beautifully conveyed.

You won't find many better opening 15 minutes in a film.

I think we'll see a slow down with sequels (hey, they've earned it) and in 2012 can get back to original material.

The Youth Counselor

Sep 20, 2008
The same day Christopher Nolan makes a bad movie and when Duke Nukem Forever is released.[footnote]That means likely never, for those too thick.[/footnote]

crazyfoxdemon said:
What really worries me about Toy Story 3 is its intended audience... I mean how many 5-10 year olds have really heard of Toy Story before?
You see my name? See it? Yeah I work with children in a large inner city public school. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM, including the RECENT IMMIGRANTS know what Toy Story is. I mean children don't know that much, but do you realize how media saturated our world is? Just because the movies are old doesn't mean their parents/myself won't show them the DVDs, or have taken them to the recent 3D Double Feature, or have seen it replayed countless times in front of the Disney Channel, ABC Family, or ABC.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Nylis said:
crazyfoxdemon said:
scotth266 said:
To be honest, I'm worried about Toy Story 3. The second film is pretty much the only stinker I've seen from Pixar, and I don't really know if the time away from the franchise will necessarily have improved things.
What really worries me about Toy Story 3 is its intended audience... I mean how many 5-10 year olds have really heard of Toy Story before?
From what I heard from the reviews, Toy Story 3 is actually darker than the first 2, so it's got a more mature feel to it.

EDIT: It's still a family movie tho, of course.
From what I can tell, since the people that saw the first Toy Story are now going into college, Pixar has had the stroke of genius having the plot be about Andy growing up, and the Toys getting left behind.

MinishArcticFox

Jan 4, 2010
I dunno they seem to have their shit together, but anything with a 3 attatched to the end gives me doubts as I wasn't a huge fan of Toy Story 2. Also I don't know what caused all the Cars related hate I thought it was pretty good though my personal favorite was the Incredibles.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
They made Wall-E, and that in my opinion, was the worst movie they've ever made. It was just a bad movie overall as far as I'm concerned. The second act with the humans was awful.

Anyways, yes, they will make a bad movie, since they already have in my book. Toy Story 2's additional characters (the old miner and the cowgirl) didn't make me bounce with joy when I saw them way back when it came out.

I hope Toy Story 3 is good, but I'm not exactly holding my breath on that one.

P.S. I thought Cars was actually good.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
JaredXE said:

Their first film they came up with afterwards was Up.

I think if they can cause whole theaters to burst into tears within 10 minutes, you have nothing to worry about.

theironbat46

Aug 19, 2009
crazyfoxdemon said:
scotth266 said:
To be honest, I'm worried about Toy Story 3. The second film is pretty much the only stinker I've seen from Pixar[footnote]I never saw Cars though... and I didn't exactly hear people singing its praises.[/footnote], and I don't really know if the time away from the franchise will necessarily have improved things.
They had a double feature [IN 3-D!] in like October or November or something and I think any kid who sees 1. TALKING TOYS and 2. Something their older siblings might want to see again, will be quite interested in what all the fuss is about.

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
CK76 said:
After "Wall-E" they had "Up" which was one of the best films (not Pixar films, not animated films, simply films) I've ever seen. The character, settings, and message were all beautifully conveyed.

You won't find many better opening 15 minutes in a film.

I think we'll see a slow down with sequels (hey, they've earned it) and in 2012 can get back to original material.
Up was fine, but that opening was really kind of a kick in the balls. I'm single and went to go see it by myself and was just slammed by the message of needing someone to love in your life. Same thing when I went to see Wall-E by myself.

Pixar likes to kick me in the balls emotionally.

My point though was that Up wasn't one of their original 'drawn on the napkin' story ideas. Now it's the people that currently run Pixar that need to come up with stories for future films, and a bad one may slip by.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
MinishArcticFox said:
I dunno they seem to have their shit together, but anything with a 3 attatched to the end gives me doubts as I wasn't a huge fan of Toy Story 2. Also I don't know what caused all the Cars related hate I thought it was pretty good though my personal favorite was the Incredibles.
Toy Story 2 started out as basically a mandate from Disney to make a direct-to-video sequel (don't we all love those?) that they changed to an actual theatitical release once they saw the beta project was half way decent.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Pixar will begin to make crap movies when its starts being run by the board of directors instead of the staff, and becoming a soulless moneymaking corporation.

theironbat46

Aug 19, 2009
JaredXE said:

P.S: Oh, and Cars sucked. Instead of a Cars sequel, why not a fucking Incredibles sequel? Is that too much to ask?
Yes, finally. They play the Incredibles all the time. JUST MAKE A FREAKING SEQUAL ALREADY!

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
ProfessorLayton said:
When they decide to make a movie about a robot that collects trash.
And they turned it into the most heartwarming love story of the year.

I'd say they're nigh-unstoppable, but it must be remembered that they are a group of people. Incredibly talented and hardworking people, but a bad person can ruin anything. So far, we've been in the clear. The producers,directors, writers, voice actors, and animators have all been working together to make truly spectacular films.

But a single producer who just doesn't care for the art, an inexperienced director, a lazy writer could ruin everything. The same has been true for every bad movie in the history of forever. A flop is the result of a person's failings.

Transformers 2 sucked because Michael Bay's penchant of effects over substance doesn't make a good film.

Disaster movie sucks because Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer seem to think mindless pop culture references are funny.

Twilight sucks because the author writes for a female demographic as opposed to the inherently superior male demographic Ugh... I mean... BP oil spill and whatnot.

Yeah.

MinishArcticFox

Jan 4, 2010
Not G. Ivingname said:
MinishArcticFox said:
Toy Story 2 started out as basically a mandate from Disney to make a direct-to-video sequel (don't we all love those?) that they changed to an actual theatitical release once they saw the beta project was half way decent.
Ahhh that makes sense I can see Disney doing that, and I thank you for this information it restores some of my faith in Pixar.

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
Have yet to, from what I've seen. Still have to watch Up, which I'm sure is great, but every other movie I've seen from them has been AT LEAST decent to great. Wall-E and Cars are towards the bottom, but Toy Story, Finding Nemo, and The Incredibles are all, well, incredible.

Toy Story 2 was great as well, just not quite as good as the first one. It didn't have QUITE as much heart to me as the first one did. That being said, the story of Jessie, Bullseye, and the Prospector was depressing.