When Will Pixar Make a Bad Movie?

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
I'm expecting Toy Story 3 to be like just another stagnant moneymilker that the industry so insistently continues to pad out.

Jan 29, 2009
I think they might not, they work as a team of people, not a bunch of random people thrown together, and they actually TRY TO SEE if there is anything wrong with their stories! THEY HAVE QUALITY CONTROL!!! If other studios could only learn from this, the quality of movies would be bearable on average!!!
Unfortunately, that isn't to stop people making adaptations of already bad books or videogames...

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Daipire said:
TheGreatCoolEnergy said:
Probably soon, cause you just jinxed it
If he jinxed Toy Story 3....

...There will be blood...
Nah, it's already got 100% on Rotten Tomatoes (Probably cause it was released elsewhere earlier), no way I could ruin that film.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
I didn't like Cars. Cars 2 will be much worse. Also, I greatly disliked Wall-E.

To those haters who be hatin':
I liken my distaste for Wall-E to my distaste for Juno. I just didn't like it. No real true reason behind the dislike, I just hated those movies.

Nylis

May 5, 2010
Gxas said:
I didn't like Cars. Cars 2 will be much worse. Also, I greatly disliked Wall-E.

To those haters who be hatin':
I liken my distaste for Wall-E to my distaste for Juno. I just didn't like it. No real true reason behind the dislike, I just hated those movies.
See, it's responses like this that i like. Instead of all those other people that scream "Overrated" just because they didn't like a particular movie/game/etc. People don't have to like something, but I hate when they use the term overrated.

Daipire

Oct 25, 2009
Mr.Mattress said:
Daipire said:
TheGreatCoolEnergy said:
Probably soon, cause you just jinxed it
If he jinxed Toy Story 3....

...There will be blood...
Nah, it's already got 100% on Rotten Tomatoes (Probably cause it was released elsewhere earlier), no way I could ruin that film.
Jinx, jiiiiiiiinx! D:

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
It depends on what kind of bad film. If you're talking about a film that gets subpar ratings across the board, then I doubt that they will ever make such a film. Now if you're talking about a film the doesn't live up the Pixar standard, then arguably they have already made one depending on your opinion of their films. Personally, I hated Finding Nemo. Nothing about it appealed to me, which to be honest was very surprising.

But Pixar will inevitably end up losing certain people and gaining others, and the style of their movie will change as a result. And when that happens, the quality of Pixar could degrade in the eyes of some people.

scotth266 said:
To be honest, I'm worried about Toy Story 3. The second film is pretty much the only stinker I've seen from Pixar and I don't really know if the time away from the franchise will necessarily have improved things.
Granted I haven't seen it since I was young, but I did like Toy Story 2. The reason I'm not to excited for Toy Story 3 is just because it feels out of place to me. It's coming out way after the first 2 movies to the point where I might be uncomfortable watching it, since I'll notice all the dissimilarities between it and the first two movies.

I didn't think Cars was that bad though.

Hopeless Bastard said:
If someone knows what they're doing, its unlikely they'll suddenly stop knowing what they're doing.
And yet there's the Sonic team.

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
It is a very difficult thing to say for me. With the exceptions of Toy Story 2, Cars, Monsters Inc. And the Incredibles, I've seen every single one of the Pixar movies in theaters (Ratatouille with my Girlfriend, Wall-E with my sister, bawling my eyes out at the end, and Up with my best friend, and we loved it).

Pixar will make a bad movie one day, but I'm sure like most of the audiences of Pixar films, it's going to be one of those movies that no matter how bad, it will have good audience reception, and people will still watch it.

Anybody can make a movie, and anybody can judge it with the "It's Bad" Seal of Approval (Famous Film Critic Armond White has done this before [http://ourtownny.com/2009/05/27/the-way-of-pixarism/]) but the audience will always be the deciding factor.

Nylis

May 5, 2010
Broken Orange said:
AvsJoe said:
I didn't like Monsters, Inc.
Monsters made me cry, no joke! That was such a heart warming movie! It was awesome film.
I agree completely, Boo was so cute. Like most people, I'd say Cars was my least favorite Pixar film, but I still didn't think it was bad.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
Hey people there is a difference between a bad movie and a movie you don't like.

On topic: Their production process is very well done so I would say never.

[knocks on wood]

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
ProfessorLayton said:
When they decide to make a movie about a robot that collects trash.
BLASPHEMY!

Seriously, WALL-E was terrific. I was glued to my seat, so absorbed into that movie.

While Cars and A Bug's Life weren't Pixar's greatest, they certainly weren't bad movies.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
TheYellowCellPhone said:
BLASPHEMY!

Seriously, WALL-E was terrific. I was glued to my seat, so absorbed into that movie.

While Cars and A Bug's Life weren't Pixar's greatest, they certainly weren't bad movies.
I understand atmosphere, but Wall-E just had... nothing going on. Personally, I didn't find myself particularly interested in anything that went on in that movie. But then again, I don't think Pixar will ever make a movie as good as The Incredibles. Up came close, and Toy Story 3 looks excellent, but I'll see for myself tomorrow.