When Will Pixar Make a Bad Movie?

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
I didn't like Cars, Walle-E, or Ratatouille. The last two by my book weren't bad, just uninteresting and not very entertaining. Cars is the only movie they've made that I thought was actually bad. Which is also why I would like to ask why are they making Cars 2?

I Max95

Mar 23, 2009
never saw cars
the others were damn good
i dont know when i just know that they are making a live action film
id put my money on that one but brad bird is directing
he is also consistently good

Nylis

May 5, 2010
unholyavenger13 said:
never saw cars
Wait, Pixar is making a live action film? Seriously?

Kagim

Aug 26, 2009
I really hope never. Outside of ratatouille, which put me to sleep, i really liked all of their movies. Toy Story 3 looks really good so I have faith in it.

I Max95

Mar 23, 2009
Nylis said:
unholyavenger13 said:
never saw cars
yes its called 1906
brad bird is directing and it revolves around the earthquakes in San Fransico the same year
Pixar is producing
its pixar doing something its not good at i say

Elf Defiler Korgan

Apr 15, 2009
I think all of their childish films are awful. I suspect a powerful cabal of cultists are behind their success, since I've seen grown men laugh and appreciate the talking cars, monsters, robots or revived fair-tales, speak aloud of the merits of the lame plots. Insist to me no, it is good, no it is funny.

I am not amused, I am not impressed.

What is clear, is that they have plugged into something. A childish need, a wish to be a kid again. Oh sure, children love the films, but so do young adults and many older adults. Their mastery of the spectacle is unrivalled.

I fear, and pile supplies in the basement.

Nylis

May 5, 2010
unholyavenger13 said:
Nylis said:
unholyavenger13 said:
never saw cars
yes its called 1906
brad bird is directing and it revolves around the earthquakes in San Fransico the same year
Pixar is producing
its pixar doing something its not good at i say
Hm, yeah that doesn't sound too good, but if they do manage to pull it off, Pixar will officially rule the film making industry.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
They already did Toy Story 3 ...

I'm kidding! It was awesome you'd have to have a heart of stone not to shead a tear at this one scene.

Aylaine said:
When they let Michael Bay in to remake something.

ZING.
Ha!

Enigma6667 said:
When ~Snip~ pigs start flying.
They make a joke about that in Toy Story 3.

MasterSplinter

Jul 8, 2009
The company kinda changed hands one time, I hope that doesn't happen again but it sets a precedent, i can imagine that too many changes in the management can screw up the gold egg laying movie company.

Don't anybody else think Pixar is The Valve of movie companies?
They stick to a type of movie, release a few things with big gaps.
Seams to really focus on one thing at a time.
No one saw them coming.
Is critically acclaimed and has devoted fans.

Rand-m said:
I recently wrote a full out essay for English on their production process. It's flawless in every way. (The process, that is... but the essay still got a 94%)
That would be an intresting read.
Where did you get your information from?

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
When Pixar stops grabbing the best and brigest examples of animators and writers money can buy. Hell, as long as Brad Bird is around I'd be wililng to wager they won't make a legitimately bad film.

Rand-m

Feb 8, 2009
MasterSplinter said:
Rand-m said:
Self snip
Where did you get your information from?
http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/05/process_pixar/

Our teacher let us slack on the writing because we were running out of time in the semester, so the essay's kinda... incomplete. I would totally post that if it were not the case, but I got the majority of my information from this article in Wired Magazine. I had the actual print version, and I think they may have left out some info, but it's still fascinating in every way possible.

It's ridiculous how much rendering there is to do, though... 49,000+ frames, rendering one about every 7 hours. It really makes a person appreciate the effort put in. I totally recommend this read to everybody reading this read. Yeah.

EDIT: Correction, nothing's missing. It's all there.

super_smash_jesus

Dec 11, 2007
AvsJoe said:
I didn't like Monsters, Inc.

But really, do you want Pixar to make a bad movie? I sure as hell don't; I'm starting to depend on them for high-quality family movies.
do you have no soul? seriously, that movie had one of the most unique and interesting story lines to ever grace the big screen. but to each their own I guess.

Anticitizen_Two

Jan 18, 2010
Cars was the worst, and it wasn't that bad. Cars 2 is probably the biggest chance for them to make a bad movie. But come on, they're Pixar! They'll probably find a way to make it work.