Where do/did/will you go to college?

DaJoW

Aug 17, 2010
Uppsala University, Uppsala Sweden. Getting paid to study at one of the top 2 unis in the country? How nice.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I'm in my final (4th) year of theoretical physics at University of Leeds. It's been good, learned lots, made friends. Now the arduous decision of PhD or job. I'm thinking job, my dissertation has taught me that focusing on a single small thing for long periods of time is my own personal hell. I don't care how interesting topological quantum physics is, three years of nothing else and I would probably kill myself and anyone around me.

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
Currently studying hotel management in a private institution in Athens. Hopefully the freakishly overblown media coverage of the protests here won't scare off everyone.

You have to love the Greek media ruining EVERYTHING just to get some more views and the fact that the government doesn't try to cover up even a fraction of the riots. Too bad this country is being picked apart, it really has great potential and everyone is just letting it rot and be devoured by the "vultures" (they know who they are).

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
I studied Electronic Engineering at Southampton University (UK), then did a Masters in Software Engineering at the same place.

I can highly recommend the university (nice campus, great nightlife, good halls, etc.) but the electronic engineering course almost killed me! It made the masters in software seem like a walk in the park.

I'm now very happily employed as a software developer, so I guess it was worth it.

Hattingston

Jan 22, 2012
Computer Science major at Cal Poly SLO (California Polytechnic State University San Luis Obispo) over here. Planning to get my masters. So far I'm loving it, great weather, nice campus, friendly people, and challenging courses. Primary downside is the food, which, admittedly, is terrible(and an on-campus meal plan is required freshman year).

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
Currently studying Chemistry at Reading, England. So far, pretty good, but carbonyl chemistry is a major pain in the arse.

Buffoon

Sep 21, 2008
First day of Uni for me today, Bachelor of Social Science. Not my first foray into the world of Uni... I did a worthless BA a decade ago. Was fun, though.

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
I thought of going to college out of state, but my councilor convinced me that I would get way more scholarships if I stayed in state.

Sexy Devil

Jul 12, 2010
Engineering (electrical) major, and computer science second major at the University of Western Australia. Wanted to go to America and attend one of their ivy league schools because, while I don't mean to toot my own horn, my grades were great enough to get into any of those. But yeah, figured it made more sense to stay in Australia to get my degree done through HECS, pay it off when I have the money, then get to America.

Ch@Z

Oct 18, 2009
Glass Joe the Champ said:
Personally, I want to be an engineer of some sort, and I'm hoping to make it into Stanford or Berkeley, but that's probably not going to happen. I have an SAT score of 2220 which is good, but I'm nowhere near the top of my class. I'll probably end up just going to a state school like A&M since I live in Texas. :/
No, you can go to Stanford and Berkeley.
Anyone who is able to get a score over 2000 at Junior year can go anywhere if they keep studying.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
Does university count?
University of Bergen in Norway. I really wanted to get into the prestige university (NTNU, Norwegian technical scientific university), but I didn't have enough studypoints... Perhaps I'll take my master in physics there when I'm done with the bachelor.

Aesthetical Quietus

Mar 4, 2009
University of Waikato, New Zealand. I'm in my fourth and final year of a Bachelor of Computer and Mathematical Sciences. I'm going for and hoping to get my honours. :)

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

You know, coz I've never seen anyone ever look up references on CV's. :p

willsham45

Apr 14, 2009
I went to UWIC, university of wales institute cardiff. although I do not think it is that may more.

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
Currently 2/4 years at Edinburgh University, studying politics. The actual subject is good, but the people studying and teaching it have their heads up their arses so much it is unreal. Don't know what that says about me.

It's free though, so I can't complain.