Where do/did/will you go to college?

WalrusPowers

Mar 30, 2011
High School Senior here in sunny delicious Queensland. If all goes well (I passed my Cert II with flying colours) then I'll have a Certificate IV in Creative Industries by the time I leave high school, at which point some friends and I will move to Canberra to complete this:

http://www.aie.edu.au/courses/3d_animation_for_film_tv/ad_dip_screen_vfx.html

Which I will storm through because that's what everyone with a Cert IV in CI does because you'll already know half the things they teach. After that, I'll find a job working for a games company (preferably 2K or Micro Forte, which both have close links with the AIEs Canberra campus).

And if somewhere along the line, that fails, I have Maths, Physics and Engineering to lead me to an Apprenticeship, University Qualification or OP 3-10 Career.

And failing that, I have English in case I ever want to move to Europe and become a hippy.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
I am currently a second year student doing Japanese Studies at the University of Manchester, currently famous for its work on Graphene, the "miracle material" of the 21st century, showing great promise of becoming the most important material of the future, rivalling silicone in importance :3

Napierdalac

Oct 3, 2010
DTU - Technical University of Denmark, studying mechanical engineering..

It is the university I wished to attend, and the right line of study as well. And hey, I'm getting payed to study there! Gotta love Denmark sometimes.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
I'm currently a student at York University (North Yorkshire, England), and studying English Literature. The plan is to go on to do post-grad courses abroad, preferably in America, before lecturing, but in case that falls through I'm keeping my hand in journalism, creative writing and music as well.

Necron_warrior

OPPORTUNISTIC ANARCHIST
Mar 30, 2011
Hoping to go to Abertay university and study programming, And if my prelim results say anything, I'm on my way to going there :D

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Macquarie University, Bachelor of Arts in Ancient History.

Only you can't get a job with that, so:

Ultimo TAFE, Diploma of Library and Information Services

Only you can't get a job with that, so currently studying:

Hornsby TAFE, Cert III in Information and Communications Technology.

Cost me $53 for my ICT course, something similar for my Library course (in that I'm unemployed, something like $360 otherwise), and my university degree will cost me a few thousand dollars, but only once I get a job paying above a certain amount.

yankeefan19

Mar 20, 2009
I'm probably going to either the University of Northern Iowa or Wartburg College. I'm not sure what I want to do yet though.

Panorama

Carry on Jeeves
Dec 7, 2010
I am at hull univeristy, hull england. I am doing the least inspired choice going of business studies. you need 260 points, and i got 300 so not sure why i went here but i do enjoy it so all is well.

MorphingDragon

Apr 17, 2009
Aesthetical Quietus said:
University of Waikato, New Zealand. I'm in my fourth and final year of a Bachelor of Computer and Mathematical Sciences. I'm going for and hoping to get my honours. :)
Bro, my third year here. BCMS, shootin to get into HONS here myself. Did you go to Global Game Jam? We've probably met before. :p

You doing COMP436/536 this year?

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
BlackStar42 said:
Currently studying Chemistry at Reading, England. So far, pretty good, but carbonyl chemistry is a major pain in the arse.
What?! Why?! Carbonyl chemistry is one of the cornerstones of organic synthesis after all!

OT: Imperial College London Dept Chem (class of 2009)

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
I'm about to start my second year at the University of Western Australia doing a Bachelor of Science. I'm enjoying it so far, although my low grades in first year was a bit of a kick up the arse. At high school, I did no study outside of class and graduated in the top 5% of the state. It seems University won't be quite as easy.

Philol

Nov 7, 2011
I'm currently studying first year history at Teesside University in Middlesbrough.

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
Napierdalac said:
DTU - Technical University of Denmark, studying mechanical engineering..

It is the university I wished to attend, and the right line of study as well. And hey, I'm getting payed to study there! Gotta love Denmark sometimes.
Wait wait wait. You get PAID to study in Denmark? Over here it's the other bloody way around!