Where do you think WW3 will start?

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
The only vaguely likely "World War" scenario is that North Korea will piss off Japan or South Korea too much, and China getting antsy about US interference. But even that isn't too likely, as if China cared that much, they'd shut down NK before we got our boats over there.

GodofCider

Nov 16, 2010
OmniscientOstrich said:
theultimateend said:
Saucycardog said:
The title says it.

Do you think world war 3 will start in Israel? Germany? North Korea? Australia?
I'm guessing in a special place called "Nowhere".
Seconded, a little thing called mutually assured destruction makes it seem highly unlikely that there will be any global scale conflicts in the near or distant future.

Likewise. I just really don't see it happening. At least not on any short term scale.

MoNKeyYy

Evidence or GTFO
Jun 29, 2010
Feralcentaur said:
Well, it would make most sense for it to be on the soil of a Super Power, so America or China or perhaps even Russia. Although it may instead be a war without a physical place as a battlefield, so teh interwebz perhaps. If the war were to be started by the launching of missiles, then it could just as easily be any country really.
Dumpzillia said:
World War 3 on a Terraformed Moon or Mars... Why has this not been made a Video Game?!
Hmm, I don't think that would technically be WW3. I mean, technically it would be World War I again.

OT: My best bet is actually the Americas, to be honest. High resources, low cultivation, loooots of water and pretty damn good amounts of oil, combined with a waning superpower and a bunch of other countries that can't do shit in wide scale conflict? Paint a bullseye on us.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Saucycardog said:
The title says it.

It won't happen. The political and cultural landscape of the planet has permanently changed in such a way as to make a third world war impossible. The closest thing we'll ever get is the current "war on terror" which really isn't a world war any more than the "war on drugs" is a world war.

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
BonsaiK said:
Saucycardog said:
The title says it.

It won't happen. The political and cultural landscape of the planet has permanently changed in such a way as to make a third world war impossible. The closest thing we'll ever get is the current "war on terror" which really isn't a world war any more than the "war on drugs" is a world war.
India and Pakistan almost went to war in 2001/2002. And they still hate each other.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
China. A civil war will break out, and various countries will take sides, depending on whether they care more about human rights or economic stability. I have a feeling we'll be more interested in the latter...

rutger5000

Oct 19, 2010
The North pole. Seriously. It has to much oil and other valuable recourses to be handed towards one nation without a war.

BonsaiK

Nov 14, 2007
Saucycardog said:
BonsaiK said:
Saucycardog said:
The title says it.

India and Pakistan almost went to war in 2001/2002. And they still hate each other.
That wouldn't have been a world war, that would have been an India/Pakistan war.

Virgilthepagan

May 15, 2010
Honestly? I'm guessing that it wouldn't just be one point. The nature of war today is that it would probably be started by multiple parties (money's on China and the United States) over something like resources (news flash, we're running out), and would span the globe in conflict. So where? Everywhere. Economic conflict will ripple through every country and military conflict will probably be confined to mostly the Asian area (China's fleet isn't developed enough to attack the United States' navy, but it's enough to establish regional dominance).

notimeforlulz

Mar 18, 2011
Libya looks like the no. 1 candidate at the moment.

EDIT: Or Pakistan, why does the USA keep giving them money? Because they have nukes, that's why, and they need the money not to collapse and let those Nukes into the hands of slightly madder men then the ones that have hands on them now.

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
BonsaiK said:
Saucycardog said:
BonsaiK said:
Saucycardog said:
The title says it.

That wouldn't have been a world war, that would have been an India/Pakistan war.
But it would have been a nuclear war. =D

BonsaiK

Nov 14, 2007
Saucycardog said:
BonsaiK said:
Saucycardog said:
BonsaiK said:
Saucycardog said:
The title says it.

But it would have been a nuclear war. =D
No it wouldn't, for very obvious reasons. Think about the proximity of those two countries and WHY they hate each other.

Still not a world war anyway.

Devon Dent

Mar 17, 2010
WW3...I think it will start in North America. They slowly immigrate all of their forces to the states and Canada, and before you know it BAM! WW3 is well underway. It works because I would like to think that neither of these countries would drop a nuke on their own lands.

JDLY

Jun 21, 2008
Pierce Graham said:
I think the US will continue it's foreign policy of "take whatever you want, whenever you want from anyone, regardless of who dies so long as there's money in it" and the whole world will get tired of that fat imperialist tumor and will all unite to destroy it.
MoNKeyYy said:
Feralcentaur said:
Well, it would make most sense for it to be on the soil of a Super Power, so America or China or perhaps even Russia. Although it may instead be a war without a physical place as a battlefield, so teh interwebz perhaps. If the war were to be started by the launching of missiles, then it could just as easily be any country really.
Dumpzillia said:
World War 3 on a Terraformed Moon or Mars... Why has this not been made a Video Game?!
Hmm, I don't think that would technically be WW3. I mean, technically it would be World War I again.

OT: My best bet is actually the Americas, to be honest. High resources, low cultivation, loooots of water and pretty damn good amounts of oil, combined with a waning superpower and a bunch of other countries that can't do shit in wide scale conflict? Paint a bullseye on us.
There's one big problem with that. The Grain Belt in America feeds pretty much half the world. China's Grain Belt is the only one close to it. And China pretty much owns the US because of all the debt the US is in, so it's not going to destroy it anytime soon.