Where do you think WW3 will start?

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
bootz said:
Canada

They will try to invade russia =p
Hell no, we like the Russians. The plan is to wait for the US to cripple itself, the Canada and Mexico will attack.

(Mexico has been slowly infiltrating an occupation force into the US for years now)

SillyBear

May 10, 2011
BonsaiK said:
Saucycardog said:
The title says it.

Do you think world war 3 will start in Israel? Germany? North Korea? Australia?
It won't happen. The political and cultural landscape of the planet has permanently changed in such a way as to make a third world war impossible. The closest thing we'll ever get is the current "war on terror" which really isn't a world war any more than the "war on drugs" is a world war.
This.

Everyone is too interconnected through trade, politics and general culture for a third world war to take place. What hurts China is going to hurt the USA and vice versa. Fighting would have no real gain. In the 1910s and 1940s the world was a very different place. Now the world is too interconnected for it to have any purpose.

Sorry kids, it ain't gonna happen. At least not in our life time.

GoldenFish

Jun 10, 2011
xshadowslayerx said:
Freakout456 said:
First two were Germany's fault.....I feel good putting my money on them for a third round.
Germany didn't start the first one it just fought the longest and ended up taking the blame
YES I hate it when people put all the blame on Germany! You cant just blame them on one event or country it was a series of events and choices that eventually ended in World War.

Freakout456 said:
Also in the Treaty of Versailles signed after the war Germany did accept full responsibility for the war.
Germany only accepted full responsibility because of the lack of leadership after the war to represent themselves and them being on the verge of civil war.

My bet is on China wanting all their borrowed money back and borrowers saying they don't know what china's talking about and that China probably imagined it. BOOM! world war.

tycho0042

Jan 27, 2010
My guess will be North korea invades south korea, we move to assist,, china moves for north korea then bam, whole thing goes to hell

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
SillyBear said:
BonsaiK said:
Saucycardog said:
The title says it.

It won't happen. The political and cultural landscape of the planet has permanently changed in such a way as to make a third world war impossible. The closest thing we'll ever get is the current "war on terror" which really isn't a world war any more than the "war on drugs" is a world war.
This.

Everyone is too interconnected through trade, politics and general culture for a third world war to take place. What hurts China is going to hurt the USA and vice versa. Fighting would have no real gain. In the 1910s and 1940s the world was a very different place. Now the world is too interconnected for it to have any purpose.

Sorry kids, it ain't gonna happen. At least not in our life time.
Oh yay. Someone brave enough to see through the trendy internet nihilism that infects this place and most other corners of the net actually gets it. Three cheers for you.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Dumpzillia said:
SPAAACEEE!!

(I'm not trolling, I actually think the next time-changing war will be started in space..just couldn't resist the reference)

flamingjimmy

Jan 11, 2010
Freakout456 said:
Also in the Treaty of Versailles signed after the war Germany did accept full responsibility for the war.
All that proves is that they lost the war, not that they were responsible for it. The causes of the first world war are pretty complex, and I'm certainly not about to right you an essay on the subject, needless to say, it was a lot more complicated than 'germany done it'.

Comrade_Beric

Jacobin
May 10, 2010
Israel seems like a fair bet. Iran (or some other hostile nation) actually becomes a nuclear power, and Israel (never ones to sit idly by while they think they're threatened) and they try to bomb the nuclear weapons site. If they fail to get them all they will almost certainly have the ones that are left fired at them, which they will then retaliate against by launching their own.

Note: There is a fair chance that if Iran becomes a nuclear power, the extent of their influence over Israel would be to require them to stop oppressing the Palestinians. Something that Israeli conservatives hold on to so absurdly that it would take the threat of nuclear destruction for them to reconsider, and even then some of them wouldn't. Israelis would quit being bullies and Iran would become incredibly popular in Palestine, but otherwise not much else would happen, I expect. That said, conservative Israelis are so afraid of Islamic nations having the power to push them around that they will probably do everything in their power (easily including a first strike) to prevent that from happening.

GoldenFish

Jun 10, 2011
tycho0042 said:
My guess will be North korea invades south korea, we move to assist,, china moves for north korea then bam, whole thing goes to hell
a replay of 1950

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
Dont think that anything will be left after WWIII, what with all the nuclear weapons out there in the world. But yea, probably would begin in Israel or some attack that would bring multiple countries into the fold on account of one of the members being attacked, etc. Given that the United States' foreign policy will basically do anything for Israel, along with politicians, think tanks and other groups willing to support the idea of doing anything for Israel- a lot of people could potentially be involved there.

Who knows, though. Might be somewhere else entirely

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
tycho0042 said:
Hahahaha no. If that happened (very unlikely), China and the US would make a deal. Just like last time.

Tentickles

Oct 24, 2010
India.

Everyone ignores them...
They hate, I mean HATE (HATE HATE HATE) Pakistan.

and they have nukes. Lotsa nukes.

Andothul

Feb 11, 2010
BonsaiK said:
Saucycardog said:
The title says it.

That's a rather naive assessment off the world in my opinion.

While i agree it won't happen now, that doesn't mean its impossible and any student of history knows that is fact it is inevitable.

My professor explained it this way. The world is one big powder keg, all it needs the right fuse and a spark. That fuse will most likely be a fight over the Earths ever lessening resources most likely oil.

Also anyone who knows a bit about history knows that you cannot have 2 world superpowers. The world isnt big enough for 2 and one will fall. China is quickly becoming a superpower

Edit: And to the Original question i'd say the Korean Penisula or the Indian/Pakistan border

thecoreyhlltt

Jul 12, 2010
hopefully on american soil... we're due for a good war here in my opinion... ya know, to help get rid of some things/places we don't really need.

Sean951

Mar 30, 2011
I will never get why people think a war will start on America's shores... It might start with a bombing here, assuming you can get past the RADAR, but there's not a chance in hell that a sizable invasion fleet could reach here unless they came from Canada/South America and we somehow didn't notice. The U.S. Navy is just too big and the RADAR/Satellite system too thorough for it to happen. My bet, if one does actually happen, it will involve China, since they are the main power in Asia for the next 30-50 years. It is more likely to start with India/Pakistan or in North/South Korea (don't forget, they've been at war for 60 years now). I could see it easily involving all of Asia, and through treaties and various bases, America and likely Britain.

For those saying an Asian war wouldn't technically be a World War, I would like to remind them that WWI was largely fought in Europe, with a smaller campaign in the Middle East/North Africa. WWII was the only war that ever truly spanned the globe.

As for the person saying France and Britain started WWII, no. They issued the ultimatum that brought them into the war, but Germany had just invaded Poland.

dashiz94

Apr 14, 2009
PMorgan18 said:
Freakout456 said:
First two were Germany's fault.....I feel good putting my money on them for a third round.
Gavrilo Princip started the first World War.
France and England started the second World War.
Um...I'm pretty sure Germany started the second World War when they INVADED Poland.

Warlord211

May 8, 2011
PMorgan18 said:
Freakout456 said:
Gavrilo Princip started the first World War.
France and England started the second World War.
You forgot to put Germany in the second World War. You know all that invading Poland and all the smaller countries around it kinda was the last straw.