Where do you think WW3 will start?

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
The title says it.

Do you think world war 3 will start in Israel? Germany? North Korea? Australia?

Feralcentaur

Mar 6, 2010
Well, it would make most sense for it to be on the soil of a Super Power, so America or China or perhaps even Russia. Although it may instead be a war without a physical place as a battlefield, so teh interwebz perhaps. If the war were to be started by the launching of missiles, then it could just as easily be any country really.
Dumpzillia said:
World War 3 on a Terraformed Moon or Mars... Why has this not been made a Video Game?!

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
theultimateend said:
Saucycardog said:
The title says it.

I'm guessing in a special place called "Nowhere".
Seconded, a little thing called mutually assured destruction makes it seem highly unlikely that there will be any global scale conflicts in the near or distant future.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
It will start in the year 2046 when the zombies come and attack us while spewing grapity jelly all over the place!

ACman

Apr 21, 2011
India, China, Pakistan.

Not really a world war I know; more of a Pan-Asia war. But I can sorta see it happening and it would really fuck shit right up... For everybody I mean, not just those poor unfortunates slugging it out between three nuclear-capable countries containing 1/4 of the worlds population.

Nargleblarg

Jun 24, 2008
First two were Germany's fault.....I feel good putting my money on them for a third round.

DocMcCray

Oct 14, 2010
IMO it is already happening, but it just isn't named as such.

Here in the US it is named "Global war on terror." Where the US and its NATO allies are going after extremists. With the wars in Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq and some spilling in Yemen and Pakistan, I'd say that the world really is at war.

As for the next "Superpower war" (Russia, China, US), it will most likely happen when at least 2 of 3 just get raging pissed off at each other for whatever reason. Could very well be within the next decade since China and the US are waging a cyberwar at the moment. We just don't here about it too much in the news.

The other alternative I can foresee is Islam vs everyone else. That's the one I'm dreading.

Feralcentaur

Mar 6, 2010
OmniscientOstrich said:
theultimateend said:
Saucycardog said:
The title says it.

I'm guessing in a special place called "Nowhere".
Seconded, a little thing called mutually assured destruction makes it seem highly unlikely that there will be any global scale conflicts in the near or distant future.
Unless if something were to invented that make Nuclear weapons ineffective, like a forced field or re-director or perhaps just something as simplistic as "shoot it out of the sky". Or if the War was more of a passive aggressive thing in which no blood is lost but information and technology is lost and gained.

Malcharion

Jul 18, 2010
Really, no country has enough differing ideology to really start a war over, and those countries most equipped to wage war on a global scale all agree with each other.

xshadowslayerx

May 20, 2011
Freakout456 said:
First two were Germany's fault.....I feel good putting my money on them for a third round.
Germany didn't start the first one it just fought the longest and ended up taking the blame

Toraylin2

May 6, 2011
Honestly, i love the assurity of the title of this post. Like its about to happen and wheres the bomb goina drop. Some one already said the moon so i cant really say that jokingly here. But one thing i think is theres oil in about the ice caps that are melting. if anything will start over oil i imagine.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Saucycardog said:
Australia?
Yeah. We'll start WW3, hopping on our kangaroos and throwing wombats. They're heavy enough to damage tanks, you know. :p

I think America will. Why? No one will expect it. :D

PMorgan18

Apr 6, 2010
Freakout456 said:
Gavrilo Princip started the first World War.
France and England started the second World War.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
I'll call war over oil fueled by the Arctic claims by U.S., Russia, and Canada.

How this becomes a world war is beyond me...but it'll no doubt occur as a result of oil or fresh water when its all said and done, partly due to pressures from overpopulation.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Whos to say it hasn't already began?

Makes you wonder how little storys in recent history might end up being the catalyst for much larger things.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
PMorgan18 said:
Freakout456 said:
Gavrilo Princip started the first World War.
France and England started the second World War.
It should be no surprise a spice and wolf fan would have a keen eye for details and a firm grasp of analytical thinking. *rubs chin*

As for my bet? There will be no world war 3 until resources are stretched to the breaking point. Either oil or water would be the likely catalysts. I put more stock on water kicking things off though. I can't say where it would be or who would start it however. It might be thirsty China trying to take water from water-rich Taiwan. It might be the United States trying to seize a massive South American aquifer. Let's hope it doesn't happen. However global conflicts over water are already occurring in regions such as Kashmir and the Gaza Strip.