Which archetype RPG class would you be in real life?

Zenomorph

Jul 12, 2010
Either a wizard (i just cant say no to wearing a cloak and awesome hat) or id be a ranger because I'm already pretty good with a bow plus I am not a fan of being in range for something to shred me like cabbage.

nasteypenguin

Mar 2, 2011
I'd love to be a necromancer, I'm specifically thinking about the Guild Wars class here though; I'd love to be able to summon a small army of fleshy creatures to do my bidding, or a fireball wielding mage... unfortunately those usually centre around intelligence and an affinity for books, I'm much more physically suited to be a warrior anyway.

Musette

Pacifist Percussionist
Apr 19, 2010
Probably a bard, since I'm a musician, but otherwise, I'd go for the mage archetype since I've got a pretty tiny frame, I'm not athletic, and I'm studious enough to make the effort.

TotalerKrieger

Nov 12, 2011
I think I would be a Ranger. Marksmanship and Archery are hobbies of mine and I love trekking through the forest. The thought of stealthily fighting from a distance, only engaging in melee when the enemy has been weakened is appealing to me.
I am studying to become a Veterinarian so I guess animal companions and nature magic makes sense as well.

The scene in LOTR with Strider smoking a pipe in darkened corner of the Prancing Pony was f-ing awesome as well. Ranger all the way.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
My physical build is more suited to running away from combat than engaging in it, but I'm pretty sharp, so I figure I'd be a mage or a healer. I prefer support classes anyway.

Silent Anima

Jun 2, 2011
Ickorus said:
I have the build of your typical Warrior type so that would probably be my archetype, not complaining either, I quite like the idea of charging into battle with a sword and shield.

Kaleion said:
I guess I get to be the innkeeper or the shopkeeper, ah this sucks.
I'll take your job! You can go out dy.. uh *ahem* ADVENTURING while I stay safely at a town selling my wares. =D

I may not be as adorable as Recette and her fairy assistant, but I assume I'll have no problems. Tbh I'm too non-violent to be anything like those rpg heros we have in video games. I'd go into shock at the first sign of battle. >.<

Captcha: InterContinental Hotels
Or I could run a hotel! Good idea Captcha! X amount of gold a night to regain your health. :3

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
I'd probably go with a mage, as on the battlefield I'm more of a tactics person and I find the concept of uncovering ancient mythical magics as I plunge deep into the catacombs of the world to be very pleasing.

That and in my daily life I dabble with chaos magic, which while not as flashy can do some very interesting things and shows that I have the mental aptitude for such a thing.

Now if I were forced into a class based on who I am I imagine it would be a spell sword, as the game world isn't likely to ignore the fact that I'm 6'5" and can get aggro, and the spell part relates again to my general search for wisdom and ancient power.

Also, why don't more RPGs start this way? At least then I wouldn't be bothered when people are explaining the world to me. There could even be a moment at the end where I choose to stay in the fantasy world or leave (and if I stay endless questing).

Also, if I were to write such a thing I'd have your character realize he's in a video game if he goes the mage route (as what bigger and more obvious secret is there to learn when you manipulate the nature of reality with a glance).

Apr 25, 2009
I'm quite tall and fairly muscley. I can swing a sword or a hammer pretty well, and I could carry a fuckton of armour on my shoulders. Warrior it is!

Grottnikk

Mar 19, 2008
Tank. I'd be so tankish I'd dual wield shields while taunting enemies relentlessly and punching them in the face with shield bashes

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
I already sneak around, lie excessively, and pick locks. Are we sure I am not a rogue already?

Roroshi14

Dec 3, 2009
Ranger, I'm a skilled archer as is. My eye sight is bad so I would still use my glasses, maybe even special scope-y glasses wouldn't that be cool huh? I would also have a pet, I'm naturally good with animals.

recurve6

Jan 8, 2011
Definitely a Ranger type class because I am proficient with a bow, I'm good with animals, I can hunt and track well, I'm tall and skinny (so no Warrior), and I work pretty well on my own. All in all, I think I'd make a pretty good Ranger...which is why I almost always play one! :D

Archereus

Aug 18, 2008
I would probably like being a warlock, I have always liked using dot (damage over time) based classes in most rpg games as well it would be a class well suited for me, apply my spells and just run around...sounds like a good idea to me.