Which archetype RPG class would you be in real life?

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
I've taken many an online test I usually end up with Paladin or Warrior types. I'm a very big person and my whole career revolves around lawfulness. So yeah... interestingly I almost NEVER pick that sort of character I'm usually more the wizardly type. Typically I prefer to be a boom mage.
My current D&D character is a Changling Sorcerer (wild magic)

PrinceOfShapeir

Mar 27, 2011
Hm. Mild strength, extreme dexterity, mild constitution, extreme intelligence, low wisdom, high charisma.

Rogue/Thief. All the way.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
A True Good Paladin. While I would definitely be holy, I would not be the type of paladin who says "Because my Book or the law says X, these people must be punished!" It all depends on the circumstances, such as if it's a poor man who is starving and he steals a loaf a bread, I let him off with a warning or I just let him off period.

willer357

Dec 22, 2008
I'd definitely be a bard- I'm tall but not muscular, love to play and listen to music and am very helpful to friends.

Sealpower

Jun 7, 2010
Let's see...
I was born on the countryside and spent most of my youth running around on the fields and exploring the forests. I'm a quite heavy-set man who can be surpringly agile when it's needed and I got an infernal stubble that won't quite ever grow into a full beard. I have general distrust of people and lack the skills to properly communicate with them. I'm also fair shot with a bow and can make almost anything with an axe and some rope.

Yep, no doubts here. I'd be a Ranger

PrinceOfShapeir

Mar 27, 2011
Mr.Mattress said:
A True Good Paladin. While I would definitely be holy, I would not be the type of paladin who says "Because my Book or the law says X, these people must be punished!" It all depends on the circumstances, such as if it's a poor man who is starving and he steals a loaf a bread, I let him off with a warning or I just let him off period.
Yeah, that's what any Good Paladin would do. Ah, the failure of many people to understand the classic Lawful Good Paladin.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
PrinceOfShapeir said:
Mr.Mattress said:
Yeah, that's what any Good Paladin would do. Ah, the failure of many people to understand the classic Lawful Good Paladin.
Actually, from my understanding, a Lawful Good character has to fallow the law established by the land or the religion and cannot deviate from it, no matter what (Although, I could truly be wrong). For example, if, say, the beggar stole a loaf and the punishment for that would be to have his hand cut off, the Paladin might not necessarily do it himself, but he would take him to the proper authorities to do so...

True Good characters fallow what they believe is good (From what I know). Therefor, A True Good Character, realizing the Beggar is probably dying of starvation and that his thievery is a sign of how desperate he is, would simply let him off because it's one loaf of bread.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
A spellcaster. Most likely a Cleric.

Not the most exciting of job choices, but on the plus side, I'll always be in high demand in questing parties. Plus, I'm far less likely to get a colon cleaning from a sword than, say, a warrior.

Mauso88

A Simply Dignified Manly Man.
Feb 3, 2011
I hate classrooms and dislike authority and others telling me how to use my talents, so definitely a mage.
I'm also 6' 1'' and built like a railing, not to mention arrogant and strong-headed.

lordlillen

Nov 18, 2009
some sort of defender probably a palladin seing as i am religous and i dont really like to fight but if i have to i would defend the weakest in the group.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I couldn't possibly be a warrior so I'd probably be a mage. Although I hate studying so I'd probably be more like a Sorcerer from D'n'D. I learn my magic by playing with it and blowing shit up.

Mad Sun

Jul 15, 2011
The class I'd like to be? A rogue, preferably an acrobat.

The class I'm best suited for? Bard. Definitely bard.

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
Did a DnD what should you play thing once (It was very thorough) and it told me I'd be a Sorcerer, I can't complain although I weep for the distinct lack of monocle my class brings

gritch

Tastes like Science!
Feb 21, 2011
I'd definitely be a mage. Probably some sort of alchemist. I'm already studying to be a Chemist so I think it'd be a good fit. Plus I'd get to hang back and support my teammates instead of being on the front lines. Sounds good to me.

HellsingerAngel

Jul 6, 2008
Lethos said:
Which class would you want to be?
Which class would you be best suited for?
Out of the three choices you've given? Rogue. I wouldn't be very sneaky but I'm agile and have excellent finess with a blade. I'd swash the buckle of any fiend who dared to cross my path!

By D&D standards? Probably a ranger. I'm an excellent outdoors man with good orientation and survival skills. While I'm not exactly sneaky, I can utilize a natural environment to hide much better than an urban one. I'm not the best tracker either, but that's what level-ups are for. While not a great runner, I can walk for miles without tiring and can sprint a mean distance if I have to, so jogging would be the only thing to work on. Lastly, I'm a decent shot with a bow and those fencing tactics with my blades make me a decent dual-wielder.

By video game (I.E. Final Fantasy) standards? Red Mage. I have the type of personality where I don't learn one thing super well, but rather I tend to be a jack-of-all-trades. I wouldn't be dedicated enough to learn high level spells or stick to one school of magic, but I could certainly learn a couple tricks to help me out of a pinch. My fencing skills again come into play as Red Mages usually prefer lighter blades and finess based combat with a buckler shield or magic bracers. In the end, though, it's all about that gorgeous cape and that snazzy fedora combo that'll just keep the ladies coming back for more. ;)

Mr.Mattress said:
Actually, from my understanding, a Lawful Good character has to fallow the law established by the land or the religion and cannot deviate from it, no matter what (Although, I could truly be wrong). For example, if, say, the beggar stole a loaf and the punishment for that would be to have his hand cut off, the Paladin might not necessarily do it himself, but he would take him to the proper authorities to do so...

True Good characters fallow what they believe is good (From what I know). Therefor, A True Good Character, realizing the Beggar is probably dying of starvation and that his thievery is a sign of how desperate he is, would simply let him off because it's one loaf of bread.
A paladin from 3rd Ed D&D is Lawful Good, not Lawful Stupid.

Lawful means you believe that the world works by some sort of natural order and that people should follow this. Telling the truth, obeying laws that are fair and just and a need for structure and goals are all traits a Lawful character may possess. Lawful characters also realize that the needs of the many out-weigh the few and will often be martyrs by sacrificing their own personal comfort for the well being of the party or affiliation their apart of.

Good means you believe in what is proper. Altruism, a strong respect for life and well being and respecting the dignity of others are all traits of a good character. Good characters will often make personal sacrifices to help others -- within reason.

So a Lawful Good paladin who meets a thief on the street of a town where the law dictates that his hand be cut-off would come to a moral dilemma of sorts. Does he obey the law and turn the man in only to be wrongly done by his government, does he let the man go to keep his dignity and well being but further the acceptance of hurting others to gain what you need, or does the paladin find a middle ground? In this case, I would say the paladin would probably be smart enough to catch the thief, sit him down for a good talking about what he's done and why it's wrong no matter what situation he's in, go back to the merchant and get the thief to apologize, ensure the thief will offer compensation for his misdeeds either by working for the merchant or community service and then pay for a good meal for the thief and point him in the direction of the nearest church to help get him fed, clothed and back on the path to being a proper citizen.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Using 3.5 ed rules, I'm best suited for a sorcerer or a paladin. I chose sorcerer, because I like having magic powers at my fingertips. And I'm not a huge fan of wizards, under that ruleset.

Malyc

Bullets... they don't affect me.
Feb 17, 2010
The only aplicable class for me would be ranger. Hard to say which fighting style id choose, but longbow/greatsword combo would be a possible, or twin shortswords and the longbow... longbow either way tho, plus I get a loyal companion!