Which is your favourite God?

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
LiberalSquirrel said:
Athena. She's badass. I adore all of Greek mythology, mind you, but Athena's always held a special place in my heart.
All hail the Great Goddess, heir to the throne of Olympus! Bringer of civilization, arts, crafts, giver of wisdom, knowledge, intelligence, inspiration, courage and skill.
Goddess of heroes, the ultimate guardian, greatest of the gods of war, supreme strategist.

None can compete.

Gustof26

Apr 7, 2011
Do the Endless count? Because I'm willing to start the Cult of Morpheus right here and now!

javelinstark

Sep 19, 2011
NightmareLuna said:
Thor, hands down the best one... No god, can even match the awesomeness of Thor... Or well... No god can even match the awesomeness of any Norse God.

Oden promised the end of all Ice Giants btw... And do you see any? Proof of existence and radicalness. :p

biiitttchh please
othin (oden) did way more good for us and all the other 9 worlds than thor and his temper did up until the end times

Naeo

Dec 31, 2008
Hm...no idea. Tough one.

If we're going fictional characters, maybe Lorkhan because 1) what an awesome name, 2) I literally touched his heart (with magical weapons, albeit, and yes, it kind of was destroyed, but shut up), and 3) without him, no Nirn, and without Nirn, no Morrowind or Oblivion or Skyrim (or Daggerfall or Redguard or Arena, etc). Or maybe one of the Daedra. Dunno which one. Maybe something Lovecraftian--probably Nyarlathotep, in that case, because Azathoth don't give a shit and Yog-Sothoth...scares me a bit. Nyarlathotep on the other hand regularly shows up and is like "yo. I'm a dude. I do shit." Azathoth is basically all "hrrrrrnnnnng derp derp derp" and Yog-Sothoth is like "no go fuck yourself".

If we're going with not-video-game/movie/book-based, that's a bit trickier. Dionysus is pretty boss. That's about it, I think, as far as I can see right now.

ToMegaTherion

Mar 22, 2009
Athol said:
KorLeonis said:
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Greeting Brother. When the sleeper awakens they shall all know the error of their ways.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
Ninja'd by two... Well, Ia ia!

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Well seeing as there's no point in worshiping any other god, Tzeentch. Because no matter what I do, it's all according to his plans.

Mar 28, 2011
Athol said:
KorLeonis said:
Greeting Brother. When the sleeper awakens they shall all know the error of their ways.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
DAMN! Ninja'd!

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu phtagn!

Apr 17, 2009
What's the name of that Polynesian trickster deity who appears to be playing a large flute or digeridoo until you look at him in silhouette, where it suddenly looks like he's got his own massive penis in hand?
Because thats a god who knows his audience

Shakomaru

May 18, 2011
Hades. Death, Cerberus, and Gemstones. My three favorite things. uhh... Don't read too far into that..
Actually no. Harry is the only god I'll ever need.

NewfieKeir

Dec 10, 2008
The Raven Queen! Every other god hath forsaken us in the zombie apocalypse... The Raven Queen demands we take up arms.

Benny Blanco

Jan 23, 2008
ElectroJosh said:
The supreme God, the uncreated creator, filled of light and wisdom, upholder of the truth. Omniscient, the eventually destroyer of evil who sends down his spirit to guide us and reveal truth. (also appearing on some cars).

All praise to Ahura Mazda!!!
Bloody ninjas... Yeah, I was going to say this. 1st monotheistic deity, Zoroastrianism seeing something of a resurgence these days amongst those in the Persian diaspora (especially the young) who are disillusioned with (comparatively harsh) Shia Islam.

I have a friend called Soushiant, which is basically the Zoroastrian equivalent of "Messiah".

angry_flashlight

Jul 20, 2010
"Here me Word Bearers! This day we destroy the hateful forces of the Star-Gods! Warp-blessed Amphion and Xathus have prepared a great device, blessed by Lord Tzeenech's might! With it, we shall bring down these caverns and crush the Necrons!" - Eliphas of the Word Bearers

Tzeenech, if he don't like you, he'll drop a cave on you. ;D

Kuroneko Aisha

Nov 10, 2011
I'd have to go with Loki on this one. Everyone needs a little mischief and trickery in their life. Especially when they look like this! [http://static.theanimenetwork.com/images/shows/Mythical_Detective_Loki_Ragnarok/MSL_353x248.jpg]

ElectroJosh

Aug 27, 2009
Benny Blanco said:
Bloody ninjas... Yeah, I was going to say this. 1st monotheistic deity, Zoroastrianism seeing something of a resurgence these days amongst those in the Persian diaspora (especially the young) who are disillusioned with (comparatively harsh) Shia Islam.

I have a friend called Soushiant, which is basically the Zoroastrian equivalent of "Messiah".
Thats pretty cool actually.

yeah, being the original has to count for something. Ahura Mazda was doing His thing before it was cool. Yahweh and Allah as such copy-cats.

mooncalf

<Insert Avatar Here>
Jul 3, 2008
Dibella. See, Escapists can make ANY thread about Skyrim.
Seriously though, Minerva. Variously associated with poetry, craft, medicine, magic, wisdom and war.

RoyalSorceress

Jun 15, 2010
SilentJay22 said:
NightmareLuna said:
Thor, hands down the best one... No god, can even match the awesomeness of Thor... Or well... No god can even match the awesomeness of any Norse God.
I choose Odin! Norse gods are the mightiest of them all!
I agree, the Norse gods kick ass! Sucks that they're not used in pop. culture as much as the Greek/Roman gods.

My favorite is Loki. I really like the stories where he and Thor team up.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
I'm going to go with Amaterasu, the Shinto Sun Kami, who sulked and went into a cave, and had to be lured out with an erotic dance.

Oh, Japan... XD

edit: not quite as badass as Okami made her look now, eh?