Which meme would you get rid of?

Chalacachaca

May 15, 2011
Every single one, I don't like memes, if only they stayed as original content never to be duplicated...

Jun 11, 2009
MintberryCrunch said:
Guys pls.

*gets flame shield* Dolan comics are the only ones I find funny...
Am I a horrible person?

I think 'U mad bro?' is up there, it's now become what Youtube commenters say when they realise they don't know what they're talking about.
I actually like Dolan comics, too, so you're not the only one.

liquidsolid said:
#YOLO has got to go. The phrase has become a way to justify poor judgement. "Oh well I know I shouldn't drink and drive but..YOLO swag" Crashes car, kills puppy. End of story.
The English language cannot express the seething, violent hatred I feel towards YOLO and the word "swag".

Sep 13, 2009
I'm going to join in with the group and say all of them. They're just way too unoriginal and easy to make. Can't make a joke? No problem! You're not the only one, join the rest of us and use a meme!

Oh, and did I mention not funny? I've seen way too many that aren't even groan worthy, they just leave you puzzled at how anyone could find it funny. Like Dane Cook comedy sketches, I don't groan, I just don't understand where the joke is supposed to be.

However, if I had to choose one I would choose the "One does not simply..." one. That one is probably one of the least funny out of any I've seen. The compsci community at my University got way too much enjoyment out of this. "One does not simply... cheat on a math test", "One does not simply... leave their account signed in" being some notable ones. If you can make 100 variations of a meme in 10 minutes (I could easily come up with that many of that quality), without needing to put in any effort, people laughing at it should really question why it's still funny.

yeti585

Apr 1, 2012
I would get rid of all of them. Seriously, they're not funny anymore. they haven't been funny for a year. It's mindless regurgitation instead of original funny content.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
PreviouslyPwned said:
All of them. Meme's are stupid and so are the people that use them.

I admit you made me giggle with that. :p

OT: Dolan. It is very hard to do intentionally terrible humor right, and Dolan isn't an exception.

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
Dolan: I despise that stupid duck's lack of grammar and proper spelling--As being able to read a chapter in A Song of Ice and Fire in 15-20 minutes, it takes me about a minute to decipher a dolan to regular English, if even recieve the humor of the given situations, which are usually mediocre.
Also, the term "fail." I get it, people mess up. Humans err, from the priests of R'hllor to Lord Commanders. And in such a situation, they can recognize the situation as for what it is. There is really no need to put any further redundancy in such a situation.

I see some people are having trouble with YOLO. What do they have against the Yugoslavian Overseas Linguistics Operation? D:

Lavethion

Jun 12, 2012
trollpwner said:
Lavethion said:
Saw that image macro coming from a mile away.

*Loads pistol*
But can love and toleration stop a bullet to the head?

Not sure you can lose here....

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFuNM7rXpc6keT8pGvTMQ4iY-wrV0lpEqUR30PQyP9XYSUnIOZ

Brony arguments at their finest.

I salute you for going right to clips from the show.

OT: When I say MLP vomit, I mean the members of the fanbase who jump on anyone who doesn't have an insane love for the show, the ones who post mlp videos and pictures to prove a point, and the cloppers.

To clear things up, I don't hate the show.

I just hate most (not all) of the fanbase.
The ones who are appropriately quiet about it and don't push it on anyone are ok in my book.

You and ToastedZombie, on the other hand, are exactly the kind of people that destroy the fandom.

;P

RyuujinZERO

Oct 4, 2010
....so... nobody still has nightmares about arrows to the knee?

Not only a bad meme, and horribly overused but the MEDIA started using it :|

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
That stupid YOLO crap. It's awful. People are using it to justify stupid behaviour. Rage comics are dumb, too. They've been overused. Also Dolan. There are no redeeming qualities to Dolan. Uhh... What else? The word "swag" needs to be thrown into a volcano, most new advice dog macros are just stupid, "call me maybe" is bad and you should feel bad, "somebody that I used to know" is similarly terrible, and 90% of all buzzkill memes have to go.

However, I happen to like the whole "jimmy rustling" thing. It's fun to say.

Alade

Ego extravaganza
Aug 10, 2008
I wish Stoner Stanley and it's spin-offs would go away, it's just a normal sentence mixed up and put over a retarded picture.

V3rtig0

Mar 3, 2012
Lumber Barber said:
when in reality they are only miserable people, death dumb and blind, made to die a horrible death just sad old men all alone and dying of cancer

On topic, I don't really have a problem with memes, but the Internet has become oversaturated with them and they are becoming redundant and in turn, dull and tasteless. Of course, there are a few diamonds than shine on through that mess, which still have some potential to be enjoyed, at least the first few times you stumble upon them.

If I had to pick "memes"(not sure if the following can be even classified as such) to kill, I'd choose "swag" and "YOLO". Probably the most annoying things out there I can think of right now.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
ALL THE MEMES.

Just kidding, I like them, basically all of them. And I don't see the point in getting rid of any. But I guess YOLO. It basically convinces people to do stupid shit, and while I do enjoy doing stupid shit, it often tends to be DANGEROUS stupid shit.

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
Westaway said:
All of them. They ruined the internet.
Alert the media, the Internet has been ruined!!! Wait no...just this guy.
In all seriousness, I probably wouldn't kill any meme, just because in my mind that would be a from of censorship.