Which superhero movie next?

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
CrashBang said:
ReservoirAngel said:
CrashBang said:
ReservoirAngel said:
Personally, I'm routing for the Flash. He's always been my favourite DC superhero (yes, I like him more than Batman) and he just seems to be awesome in every way. He has a kick-ass power, cool costume (shut up, it is!) and depending on various adaptions he's the ultimate wise-ass. He's just a character I could easily get on board with.

Plus he has one of the best and most diverse Rogues' Galleries of any DC superhero. It's not just any superhero that consistently has a large group of villains going against him as an organised group.
I agree with The Flash. Thanks to Geoff Johns, his comics are doing well at the moment since the return of Barry Allen. I think I'd prefer a film about Wally West because he's the more emotive, sarcastic and interesting Flash, I think. But if there was a Flash film, it would be about Allen, then they could introduce all of the Speedsters gradually through the sequels, as well as all of The Rogues
Failing Flash, Deadpool would be really great (if actually done right) as would a Booster Gold film. Ever since 52 I absolutely love him and his whole backstory is absolutely perfect for a film
Apparently there's a Flash movie in the works, based on "a recent Geoff Johns run with the character" so I'm hoping for good things. Johns has done some kick-ass stuff with the character and anything based on that will just be cool. Only red light? Apparently it's being written by the guys who wrote Green Lantern. Oh boy...
I actually didn't hate Green Lantern. Yes, the characters were shallow and dull (except Hammond) and the rest of the Corps was wasted, as was the huge space opera feel to it, but the action scenes were awesome and I liked the changes they made to the canon, they dumbed it down suitably for the big screen. It could have been soooooo much better but it wasn't the worst superhero film I've ever seen (that would be Catwoman or Fantastic Four). That being said, I still don't want the writers to make all the same mistake with The Flash. If they make two bad films out of DC heroes then non-comic book readers are going to start thinking that everything DC writes, bar Batman, sucks ass
I think the biggest mistake they could make is trying to introduce the whole "Speed Force" concept too early. If they do make the Flash film, they should start slow. Simple origin story, maybe one or two of the Rogues as the villains. Then build the Speed Force/past Speedsters and the full on Rogue team-up in the sequels.

And they have to get the right guy, and the right costume! We don't want another Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan (though I admit he's a good actor but the writing sucked for him) and we certainly don't want another one of these:

*shudder*

Auninteligentname

Jun 12, 2011
Mischlings said:
Auninteligentname said:
I once said to a friend:

They're gonna reboot Spiderman? And Batman (which I think isn't done, but IIRC, I read that it should be re-booted soon)? And they're giving us Green Lantern? Well, hollywood better give us Justice League.

Justice League would be quite interesting...
Nitpicky, but Spiderman is Marvel, not DC, so he wouldn't be part of the Justice League. He'd be part of The Avengers if Marvel could wrestle the movie rights away from Sony (we can only hope...)

If we're looking at DC, I'd think Flash or Captain Marvel (too bad he can't use his name in the title) would be good. If we're looking at Marvel, I want to see Doctor Strange, since he's the only major Stan Lee creation that hasn't had a movie made.
I have never read a comic book about super heroes. Ever. However, I remember seeing justice league as a kid, thus I know Spider Man wouldn't join in on the movie. I just mentioned him, as he is a super hero.

Mischlings

Feb 18, 2011
Auninteligentname said:
I have never read a comic book about super heroes. Ever. However, I remember seeing justice league as a kid, thus I know Spider Man wouldn't join in on the movie. I just mentioned him, as he is a super hero.
Okay, I was just making sure, since the context made it seem like you suggested Spiderman joining the Justice League. I'm also not big into comic books -- just recently started reading them, mostly Marvel stuff.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
ReservoirAngel said:
CrashBang said:
I think the biggest mistake they could make is trying to introduce the whole "Speed Force" concept too early. If they do make the Flash film, they should start slow. Simple origin story, maybe one or two of the Rogues as the villains. Then build the Speed Force/past Speedsters and the full on Rogue team-up in the sequels.

And they have to get the right guy, and the right costume! We don't want another Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan (though I admit he's a good actor but the writing sucked for him) and we certainly don't want another one of these:

*shudder*
What the frak is that shit?! Holy hell, that looks as bad as rubber-ears Captain America!
Agreed on avoiding the Speed Force at first. I heard Ryan Reynolds was originally rumoured to play The Flash but then they wrote Green Lantern instead. I think he would've made a great Flash if, as you said, the writing was decent
I know who'd make a good Flash! Alan Tudyk! That man is an astounding and underrated actor and I'd kill to see him in a superhero role!

Rnr1224

Mar 21, 2011
i say another rocketeer movie!! but im excited for the new spider-man reboot too.

balladofangels85

Apr 7, 2011
Llil said:
The Cadet said:
LFC Scouser said:
How about deadpool that would be awesome
OH GOD SO MUCH WANT. IIRC, Deadpool's superhuman abilities are threefold: basically infinite regeneration, an incredibly sadistic sense of humor, and the ability to break the fourth wall (seriously, his MvC3 ultra has him whacking the opponent around with his fucking health and super bars!). That would be amazing.
And they could have a foreign character just so Deadpool can hit them with their subtitles.

Also, Aquaman?
I have heard a rumor that Ryan Reynolds wants his own dead pool movie.
Vincent Chase already did an Aquaman movie. It was very well done.
Personally, I would like to see a movie or movies based on the Civil War comics.

Llil

Jul 24, 2008
balladofangels85 said:
I just looked that up and it seems it did pretty well. (Why is this the first time I hear of the movie?) EDIT: Wait! That was a fictional movie? So that's why I haven't heard of it... I feel dumb.

And if a Deadpool movie ever gets made, it better be R rated!

May 17, 2010
Llil said:
balladofangels85 said:
I just looked that up and it seems it did pretty well. (Why is this the first time I hear of the movie?)

Because it wasn't real? If this is what I think it was, it was a fictional movie made in the tV show Entourage.

balladofangels85

Apr 7, 2011
Llil said:
balladofangels85 said:
I just looked that up and it seems it did pretty well. (Why is this the first time I hear of the movie?) EDIT: Wait! That was a fictional movie? So that's why I haven't heard of it... I feel dumb.

In case you aren't joking. Vincent Chase is the character from Entourage played by Adrian Grenier. The Aquaman movie was a made up movie for the show.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
CrashBang said:
Agreed on avoiding the Speed Force at first. I heard Ryan Reynolds was originally rumoured to play The Flash but then they wrote Green Lantern instead. I think he would've made a great Flash if, as you said, the writing was decent
I know who'd make a good Flash! Alan Tudyk! That man is an astounding and underrated actor and I'd kill to see him in a superhero role!
With decent writing I can see Reynolds making an awesome Flash. In other stuff I've seen him in he does that quietly sarcastic thing perfectly, so I could see it working.
To be honest... I don't why this is, but I kind of want a younger actor to be the Flash. He's never really portrayed as a young guy (at least not in the limited Flash stuff I've read) but it just seems right to me that someone with super-speed be a young and impetuous kind of guy.

alrekr

Mar 11, 2010
How about Superman: Red Son; you know that one where superman landed in the Soviet Union instead of USA.

Llil

Jul 24, 2008
LFC Scouser said:
Llil said:
It would have to be unless they change everything
I know but I've seen some pretty stupid toning down before. Always expect the worst you know.
balladofangels85 said:
In case you aren't joking. Vincent Chase is the character from Entourage played by Adrian Grenier. The Aquaman movie was a made up movie for the show.
370999 said:
Because it wasn't real? If this is what I think it was, it was a fictional movie made in the tV show Entourage.
Yeah... Well it could have been real, right? I missed the "Fictional" part in "Fictional film" when looking it up.

LFC Scouser

The Fifteenth Arcana
Jun 7, 2010
Llil said:
LFC Scouser said:
Llil said:
It would have to be unless they change everything
I know but I've seen some pretty stupid toning down before. Always expect the worst you know.
We can always hope for the best because it is deadpool people would be pretty stupid to make him not funny and awesome but this is hollywood so yeah

alrekr

Mar 11, 2010
Ultra-Chronic Monstah said:
I don't know how it could be anything but a gritty, 18-rated re-boot of Bananaman.

That would screw with all my childhood memories of my old Dandy and Beano Comics; whats next Dennis the Menance reboot which covers child abuse, dog fighting and knife crime or Desparte Dan the steroid abuser.

However I also did think Bannaman was a bit strange...

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
ReservoirAngel said:
With decent writing I can see Reynolds making an awesome Flash. In other stuff I've seen him in he does that quietly sarcastic thing perfectly, so I could see it working.
To be honest... I don't why this is, but I kind of want a younger actor to be the Flash. He's never really portrayed as a young guy (at least not in the limited Flash stuff I've read) but it just seems right to me that someone with super-speed be a young and impetuous kind of guy.
That would be cool, yeah, I like that idea. Kid Flash has a lot of personality in the Young Justice cartoon and other animated stuff I've seen, but he's a complete tool in the newer comics, especially Flash: Rebirth. Anyway, a young, loose canon style Speedster would be really cool to see. I like it when heroes are explored in different emotional ways, like in Hancock
alrekr said:
How about Superman: Red Son; you know that one where superman landed in the Soviet Union instead of USA.

One of the greatest comic book series' ever writter. The Elseworlds books are so good and Mark Millar is a genius

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
J03bot said:
rdaleric said:
He's not really a super hero, but i still have my fingers crossed for Neil Gaiman's Sandman
Eugh, no. Maybe a TV series, but films would be bad. It's too slow moving and bizarre to work as a film series. Go the Game of Thrones route with it, and I'd be happy, though.

Can Captain Quark get a film? That'd be awesome.
Eh? You can make a Harry-Potter thing out of Sandman, having it composed of several films.

But..Yeeeaah..A series would probably be better. And oh, Lucifer would be in it (and he would look like god-damn David Bowie, and noone fucking else) and thus I would cream in my pants.