Which superhero movie next?

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
I would reeeally like to see The Punisher -movie directed by Christopher Nolan. Make it R-rated, gritty, violent and awesome.

The-Bad-Blooded

Jan 6, 2011
JacobShaftoe said:
The-Bad-Blooded said:
Blue Beetle :D
My GF would kill for a Booster Gold movie, so how about we split the difference and get the Blue and Gold back together on the big screen?

(I'd had an idea for casting way back in old JLI days for a blue + gold movie, Charlie Sheen and Emilio Esteves would have worked a treat... well... back then anyhow...)
ahhhh, but charlie sheen has the perrrrrfect personality for booster :D
so, howabout a whole buddy thing, Booster an BB? i reckon that'll be good :D

Llil

Jul 24, 2008
creationis apostate said:
Wut? aquaman is so useless though?
Yeah but that what makes him so awesome. I'm sorry to link you to tv-tropes but I think it's appropriate: This Looks Like A Job For Aquaman [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThisLooksLikeAJobForAquaman]

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
CODE-D said:
ReservoirAngel said:
We don't want another Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan (though I admit he's a good actor but the writing sucked for him)

*shudder*
Tis not a good actor, hes horrible. I knew green would stink the moment he got it. He should go back to mediocre frat boy comedy.
When given the right stuff to work with, he really is good. It's just that Green Lantern in particular was written so horribly that nobody could have impressed in that role.

Flutterguy

Jun 26, 2011
ummm... Deadpool Deadpool Deadpool I mean he'd make a great movie, he'd be the main character and comedic relief.... though last pirates of the Caribbean showed how horrible that can go.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Flutterguy said:
ummm... Deadpool Deadpool Deadpool I mean he'd make a great movie, he'd be the main character and comedic relief.... though last pirates of the Caribbean showed how horrible that can go.
That's why a film with him and Cable would be brilliant, they're the perfect straight man and wise guy act. Cable can do all the normal heroing and frame scenarios for Deadpools humour.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
MANIFESTER said:
TheRightToArmBears said:
I'm dubious about all the people calling Deadpool, because the 4th wall breaks would be awful in film. Really, really awful. Plus I've never much cared for the character either.
4th wall breaks can be well implemented in film. Hell, Think of Ferris Buellers Day off, Blazing Saddles, or even Fight Club. They speak directly to the camera and to the audience. It can work well it just depends on the characters, the setting, and the overall mood of the film.

I nice little comprehensive list of movies that have broken the 4th wall can be found here: http://www.artandpopularculture.com/List_of_films_that_break_the_fourth_wall
Except for Blazing Saddles I can't say I liked those breaks. It worked in Blazing Saddles because it was a batshit crazy comedy, but in a more normal film it ruins the immersion.

KingWeasel

Oct 6, 2010
I doubt we would ever get one.... but I would love to see a real adaptation of Cloak and Dagger. Few people know who they are, not the most popular supers in the marvel stable, but they did have a great combo sireis "Cloak and Dagger & Doctor Strange" for some time.

issue #1 cover...
http://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.net/iss/600w/461/174611/6213721_1.jpg

C&D&DrS cover...
http://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.net/iss/120/496/94961/9467021_1.jpg

I know this will never come till I decide to go to film school, graduate, then sink my own money into this film idea, but hey, heres hopeing someone beats me to it.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
I was thinking about this last night and I really think some of the wildstorm stuff (particularly written by Warren Ellis) would translate very well to film. Primarily Planetary, Stormwatch and the Authority written as a trilogy. A major advantage is most of the costumes and appearances work quite well in a movie, only Apollo has a classical costume and that's not too bad for a film. I would have these films set in the 90s for the obvious fact that Jenny dies at the turn of the century.

You'd obviously need to condense some of it down and cut a lot of the missions/references. I'd open with the mission that gets Ambroise Pierce "killed", I'd use this time to briefly explain Jakita Wagnar and the Drummer's powers and keep the "black guy dies first" trope related death, I'd get a big name actor to play him so that he seems like a decoy protagionist. Set stuff up like the fourth man and other things.

I'd then have the recruitment of Elijah Snow, I'd tone down his white clothing for the first meeting so that it seems like he's just being brought in to replace Pierce and that he adopts the white clothing as part of the role. I'd then have the mission that they find Axel Brass and the concept of Century babies with a few flashback scattered throughout the movie including Snow's training with Sherlock Holmes and Jakita's origin. Set up the four as the villains (perhaps with some changes to make them less obviously the fantastic four, and less likely to cause law-suit) Somewhere around the middle I'd reveal that Snow was the fourth man and that he'd had the memory loss.

I'd have him take the fight to four, with the classic moment where they drop the bodies onto the gothic bleed ship. Then the last bit would be when they bring Piece back and the hundreds of time travelers turning up. This film would also establish Jenny Sparks in the background as another Century baby
I'd condense a lot of stuff, focus more on the characters Bendix, King, Winter, Farenheit etc. I'd have Bendix go insane and tie it in to some of the stuff that happened when they had the aliens attack like Winter flying the station in the sun. Have Stormwatch black as a predecessor for the Authority
The start of the film would be the authority defeating Kaizen Gamorra in the first 5 minutes to show how awesome they are, then I'd have the rest of the film focus an invasion from sliding Albion with time for character developement and flashbacks for the characters origins. After defeating sliding Albion I'd have "God" arrive, perhaps explain that the sliding Albion invasion is an attempt to avoid this happening in their universe. The authority would kill "God" but Jenny would die with the new millenium. After the credits I'd show the two actors who play Apollo and Midnighter out of costumes in suits adopting a baby girl. One would say "I think we'll call you Jenny. Jenny Quantum" and then a close up on her eyes which merges into a view of stars and galaxies.
There you are an epic trilogy which ties into each other but doesn't need to be necessarily watched in order.