Which video game franchise do you think has the least pleasant fanbase?

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
probably something like CoD or any FPS along those lines, fanboys that will yell at you that you're becuase you don't agree with them. sure most games have fanboys like that but games like CoD seem to have more vocal ones

Gik

Oct 2, 2011
League of legends/ Dota like games. Unless you know someone the fanbase is not going to help you much.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
inb4 Sonic the Hedgehog.

My vote would go for not any particular franchise, but for the RPG-purists who won't look twice at anything that doesn't have six hundred lines of text for every NPC and needs intricate walk-throughs just so you don't accidentally make the wrong build of character and can't progress through the game (Which, by the way, isn't really role-playing if you physically cannot progress through a game without building up specific stats).

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Do you know of a video game franchise that has a pleasant fanbase? Or do you know of anything that has a pleasant fanbase for that matter?

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
None.

What is really unpleasant is the haters of various franchises.
Fandom I can understand, but actively hating a game?
That's just lame.

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
JesterRaiin said:
No Mutants Allowed and you know the rest.
This. I remember a quote from a Something Awful forum "All of the 'normal people' are no longer part of the 'Fallout Community'. They just like the games. The 'Fallout Community' have been refined and distilled into glittering gems of hatred."

And its true. I'm beginning to wonder if the "true" Fallout these guys worship ever actually existed, or if it was just some group misconception that has developed into a messianic ideal.

Also, any game/tabletop/card game/whatever that develops a strong "lore culture". These guys can be real snobs if you aren't operating on the same level of understanding they are, especially if the series has been around a while. You can see it everywhere.

MrHero17

Jul 11, 2008
I'll say sonic, no where else has a change in eye color spelled the end of a franchise.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Mmmm, flamebait. Nom-nom-nom.

Personally, I'm torn between the online FPS angry little boy parade and the incredibly whiny and arrogant RPG crowd.

But of course those are just unpleasant subsets of groups that are otherwise composed of sane and reasonable adults who blah blah blah etc.

hotsauceman

Jun 23, 2011
Wow Raiders, The most elitist nutjobs ever, And only because they want Shinies and nothing more.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
I know htis is proberly the excpected answer, but CoD seriosuly those people are dicks, and i have the misfortune to know some in real life.

Skyrims apparently for old people because its set in the middle gaes and hasnt got realistic guns.

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
Just because everybody else is naming off first-person-shooters, I'm going to say The Elder Scrolls. I literally can't go anywhere on the internet(even xbox live) without hearing about Skyrim, or how much I suck because I don't play Skyrim