Whisky

total crazy talk

Jul 16, 2009
well i am hardly a connoisseur but i am partial to Dalwhinnie after we found a case of it on an abandoned yacht we had to retrieve after the owner bailed on his payments.

Parkway91

Sep 1, 2011
I am a budding single malt scotch whisky enthusiast and am slowly developing my palette as often as I can. My personal favourite so far is a 12yo Cragganmore. I am pretty fond of the Speyside region, but through winter Islay whiskys have been excellent, heavy and smokey, such great winter warmers.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Sadly, I am not a whiskey drinker. In an upset of the normal course of things, my fiance is the one who loves the brown liquor. I can only tolerate the drink when mixed with something and in such a circumstance it is a bourbon (nothing more than an American whiskey) that I would choose. Red Stag - a brew by Evan Williams mixes incredibly well with cola as the result is simply a cherry flavored version of whatever you wanted. Most whiskey's mix well with cola of course but Red Stag at least makes it a pairing of interest.

My own drink of choice when it comes to the hard stuff is Gin. My favorite thus far is Bluecoat - a stronger than average mix that is incredibly heavy on the juniper flavor.

Floggo

Mar 30, 2010
I'm quite the Scoth drinker, I'm a big fan of the 12 year old Dimple, the smoothness is irresistible, and Double Black Johnnie Walker, it's so smoky I just love it.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Floggo said:
I'm quite the Scoth drinker, I'm a big fan of the 12 year old Dimple, the smoothness is irresistible, and Double Black Johnnie Walker, it's so smoky I just love it.
Second the Dimple notion.
But can'T remember the names of the other whiskeys I like, since they are from Ireland and Scotland and I'll be damned if I remember one of them.
Something like Bruchladdichkennylchacichachhkachhchcchchchchchchhcchchchch or Isle of omalleymalleymaleyliillylelyleyley.
Basically I really like whiskey, but I can't remember the more complicated names of the good single malts my stepfather keeps around.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
Oh Crown Royal Black how I love thee, let me count the ways

On Rocks, straight, with coke, with vodka, and with a nice cigar once or twice a year.

So four ways.

ezaviel

Mar 26, 2011
I have a bit of a wandering palate, my current three favourites are Aberlour (a Speyside), Bruichladdich (an Islay), and Dalwhinnie (a Highland). Depends on my mood, and what flavours I feel like.

Kyber

Oct 14, 2009
I'm not the greatest fan of it but i enjoy the occasional glass of Jack Daniels.

hatseflats

Aug 22, 2011
I haven't much experience, but I like Glengoyne 12yo and Glen Grant 5yo. I bought the latter in Italy for ?12 (!); it is apparently the most popular whisky there. It's great for a novice whisky drinker: accessible but far better and more interesting than whiskies in the same price range (i.e. inexpensive blends).

keideki

Sep 10, 2008
I drink a fair bit here and there.

For everyday, 8 year old Jim Bean

but for the special occasions I crack open a bottle of single barrel jack (Regular jack and gentleman's jack are swill, but the single barrel is good stuff) or a bottle of colorado whiskey.

GonvilleBromhead

Dec 19, 2010
Tend to prefer the Islay malts myself (Ardbeg, Laphroaig, Bunnahabhain, Bowmore), the the Old Pultenay is rather nice too

Beat14

Jun 27, 2010
I'm not currently but once I've got some spare cash and a reason to drink (Christmas probably) I intend to get some "Yukon Jack Whisky Liqueur" not sure it really counts, but I am dying to try some. I fear it might be hard and expensive to get hold of having done a search on google.

I'm not man enough to drink Whiskey so I'll go for the stuff blended with honey, is what I feel I am saying...

Jarsh82

Sep 17, 2012
If you like Jameson I would recomend upgrading to Red Breast, one of the best Irish Whiskeys.