WHITE GUY DEFENSE FORCE GO!

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
Ishal said:
Oh Jesus. If this thread doesn't turn into seven pages of arguing I'm going to be really disappointed.

Omega, alpha, and beta males. The Twilight Sparkle plushy was inspired, as was the fedora.
Stole pretty much everything I wanted to say on this piece.

I'm grabbing popcorn and watching this thing devolve into something stupid, who's with me?

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
Grey Carter said:
In loving memory of Critical Miss' first black character.
"Quick, let's kill him! That'll show those racist people." /facepalm

I'm sure that's not what was intended, but it reminds me of all those games that are all, "This is a trope that everybody hates, but when we do it it'll be HILARIOUS because it's satirical this time." I still laughed, but man oh man, Grey threw a handful of darts and managed to hit every single piece of flamebait at once.

GuyIncognito

Nov 10, 2009
Also, White Guy Alpha needs to work on his lower body more. I think Omega has more definition in his legs than Alpha does.

tgr

Feb 3, 2008
That was the best Critical Miss I've seen in a looong time.

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
You know, sometimes I wonder why I stay here at The Escapist. What with the forums often devolving into disgusting shitstorms over sensitive topics that make me honestly believe this place can be worse than 4chan sometimes...

... but then I see stuff like this, and I figure out exactly why I stick around.

Stay classy, Critical Miss. Stay classy...

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
IndomitableSam said:
Teoes said:
As in, admiring. You admiring me?

I think.
Imp Emissary said:
I assume it's short for "admiring."
Thanks guys. Makes sense. Sort of.
Thanks but that wasn't me. It was...

Zachary Amaranth said:
Imp Emissary said:
They will probably start with a complaint about strawmen.
Why would they complain about strawmen? Strawmen tend to be white! >.>

IndomitableSam said:
I... have no idea what Mirin' means.

That is all, because I found this really, really funny.
I assume it's short for "admiring."
:) Good one about mine by the way Zachary.

TopazFusion said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
TopazFusion said:
Good lawd, you've touched on so many flamebaity topics in this one, I'm wondering if people will even know where to start with this...
Maybe that'll lead to them not starting!
Indeed!
Teoes said:
I half expect this'll actually be another one of those threads that is several pages of "Woah, man, shitstorm INCOMING!".. and no actual shitstorm. Don't let us all down, folks.
Heh, well even the best forecasters can be wrong occasionally.
Now hold on there. You said that there was so much in the comic that people would know where to start.

I think you may be right. Most people are just saying how there is going to be a real big shitstorm. And yet, so far other then everyone saying "Ohs no. Shitstorm!", most seem to be happy about the comic.

You may yet not be wrong.

MatsVS

Tea & Grief
Nov 9, 2009
Amazing. Absolutely amazing. I can't wait to see how the comment section plays out over the weekend!

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
TopazFusion said:
Teoes said:
I half expect this'll actually be another one of those threads that is several pages of "Woah, man, shitstorm INCOMING!".. and no actual shitstorm. Don't let us all down, folks.
Heh, well even the best forecasters can be wrong occasionally.
Maybe you're secretly one of my city's weather forecasters.

If they predict sun, get your umbrella, parka and hail shield. All at once. Yes.

OT: NOOOOOOOO! NOT THE COMIC'S FIRST BLACK GUY! D:

The belts were beyond perfect.

Kitsune Hunter

What a beautiful Duwang!
Dec 18, 2011
Well this was interesting one this week, I think it's your best Critical Miss yet, although I feel if you wanted to be completely controversial, you should of included Anita Sarkeesian and a dig at Evangelion for it to be perfect. Now I'm going to sit back, relax and revel in the ensuring chaos that will soon follow

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
Grey Carter said:
WHITE GUY DEFENSE FORCE GO!

*Guitar Solo*

Read Full Article
You should have named them Gamma, Omega and Pi.
And together, they would be...

THE G-O-P!
The comic's already about as subtle as a brick to the face, no need to upgrade it to a volkswagen to the balls. :p

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
GuyIncognito said:
Daaaah Whoosh said:
I...I kind of feel offended by this. I don't really understand, is the comic applying negative stereotypes to white heterosexual males? And if so, is it meant to mirror the racism felt by the man in his story at the beginning? Or is it just saying that all white people are racist? Or is there perhaps some other explanation? All I know is that my race/sexual preference/gender is being made fun of, and I'm not sure if I'm okay with that. Maybe that's the point?
It's really more a caricature of knee-jerk, reactionary responses to arguments made by the guy in the first panel. It's like using a racist character to highlight the ridiculousness of their racism. Borat's antisemitism is used to mock antisemitic beliefs, for example.
Ah, now that makes sense. Still, I feel bad for being vaguely associated with these caracatures. Though that is an adorable pony.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Legion said:
I think that is probably the reason for why I don't really find it funny. It should be, but it has the same level of subtlety as Family Guy. Maybe Grey finally got fed up with all of the people who always said "I don't get it." in the comments section?

Then again it's also possible that I am just really not in the mood for laughing right now, and would find it funny if I was feeling better.
I think it's humor is in its abject bluntness. Grey is more trying to get a ruse out of people with something so blatantly offensive to multiple people. It's kinda humorous, like you're waiting for a fuse to hit a large stack of TNT.

I'm also surprised the shitstorm hasn't happened yet. I think we've all grown accustomed to Grey being offensive in this manner that we're all waiting for that one guy to come in and start it because none of us want to be that one guy. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just seven pages of us commenting that eventually a shitstorm will happen, and it never does.

... It'd definitely be a plot twist of Shyamalan proportions.

Renegade-pizza

Jul 26, 2010
Lieju said:
Daystar Clarion said:
I lol'd

I lol'd hard.

If this doesn't cause a shitstorm, I'll be disappointed in all of you.

[HEADING=2]All of you.[/HEADING]
I for one am extremely disappointed in this super-hero team not having a female member.

I shall report this immediately to Commander Sarkeesian.
That made me laugh more than the comic :)

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Well, I laughed at the Alpha Omega Beta bit. As for Zimmerman, it's not that simple.
First off, Zimmerman isn't white. He's mixed race, leaning towards hispanic. Just saying.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
TopazFusion said:
*Hope for no shit*
Never mind all that. I was right! First complaint was about trolling with strawmen!

Then again, one bit of poo on a thread does not a shitstorm make. Time will tell.