WHITE GUY DEFENSE FORCE GO!

Apr 24, 2008
Father Time said:
Legion said:
Father Time said:
This is the most shameless piece of flamebait I've ever seen ever. You've basically become a full on troll at this point.
I think that is probably the reason for why I don't really find it funny. It should be, but it has the same level of subtlety as Family Guy. Maybe Grey finally got fed up with all of the people who always said "I don't get it." in the comments section?

Then again it's also possible that I am just really not in the mood for laughing right now, and would find it funny if I was feeling better.
An insult to Family Guy. I didn't find this funny either. They're trying to make a point by making fun of straw man versions of points nobody actually brings up in those discussions anyway.
Why are you so concerned with what's true? Don't you know it's all politics?

Alcaste

Mar 2, 2011
JPArbiter said:
I did not find this funny at all... I can't say I was offended, but I did not find it funny.
Considering your avatar, that is just *deliciously* ironic.

What? If nobody else was gonna bite...

T_ConX

Mar 8, 2010
"Zimmerman Mode"

Maybe you should actually read the evidence from that trial.

MisterM2402

Nov 19, 2009
Eternal_Lament said:
Of all the things that attract attention in this comic, of all the things that draw one's eye, one thing sticks out to me:

.....what exactly is the "Son zone"?
I was thinking something along the lines of Oedipus.

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
Yawn. Subtle as a brick to the face, and not even close to as funny.
inb4 offended. I'm not. This is just one in a long, long, long line of Critical Miss strips that smacks you over the head with the point in an aggressive, unfun kind of manner. Sad part is, I don't even disagree with the actual point that's being made.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
These comments fill me with hope for humanity, you all seem to be exhibiting a sense of calm maturity that is just nice to see.

I then lose said hope I gained when I remember that there are really people like the ones in the comic in the brony comunity... I know thats true for ALL fandoms but come on dawg, love and tolerance.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
A volkswagen is not NEARLY a "white" enough car to use in such an analogy!
Are you kidding - a German car? Show me whiter!

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011

But seriously, liked this comic. I'm pretty much the only one who thought the Zimmerman case came out fair (Or at least as fair as state sanctioned murder can be) but otherwise funny.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
How about a Volvo?

On topic: I might loose a chunk of my soul for reading this thread in a few days, but goddamn if I'm not going to enjoy it.
JonB said:
*Casually strolls into thread, holding Banhammer*

Hey guys, what's going on in this thread? Oh? Weatherman calls for a shitstorm?

I'll stick around and watch, you know, just in case.
This thread or the already-spoiled fight scene from Thor: the Dark World: Which hammer fight shall be more interesting?

Taking bets now...

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
RJ 17 said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Grey Carter said:
WHITE GUY DEFENSE FORCE GO!

*Guitar Solo*

Read Full Article
You should have named them Gamma, Omega and Pi.
And together, they would be...

THE G-O-P!
The comic's already about as subtle as a brick to the face, no need to upgrade it to a volkswagen to the balls. :p
The problem is that a prius is more subtle than a volkswagen, so it'd both fit the analogy and break it at the same time. :3

JarinArenos

Jan 31, 2012
Twenty Ninjas said:
"If his race doesn't matter, why not make him black?"

Doesn't this question kinda answer itself.
Unless the answer is "the deep-seated white ethnocentrism in the gaming industry" I'm not sure what you're going for here.

*nudges the shitstorm in from the wings* C'mon, quit being boring...

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Teoes said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Are you kidding - a German car? Show me whiter!
I'm glad at least someone saw where I was coming from with the analogy that DVS was talking about there. :p

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
715 said:
This comic was painful to read, like really painful

most strawmen at least try to be a bit more subtle. This is just saying that racism to whites and sexism to men can't ever ever happen and people who think are you diluted fools.
Diluted fools. You've been spread out too thin in water.

Daaaah Whoosh said:
I...I kind of feel offended by this. I don't really understand, is the comic applying negative stereotypes to white heterosexual males? And if so, is it meant to mirror the racism felt by the man in his story at the beginning? Or is it just saying that all white people are racist? Or is there perhaps some other explanation? All I know is that my race/sexual preference/gender is being made fun of, and I'm not sure if I'm okay with that. Maybe that's the point?
The comic is making fun of the knee-jerk reactions people, usually straight white guys, tend to have when other people have the temerity to bring up "Hey, maybe we should have some characters who aren't white/male/heterosexual." With a side effect of seeing themselves as unfairly persecuted when the reality is they're just losing their prior 100% dominance over the world (see also: Christians in America).

jluzar20

Apr 29, 2013
Well that just about does it for me on Critical Miss.

Best of luck, Corey and Grey. I'll be avoiding your comics like the plague from here on out.