White shirt cop punches out a female protestor

Yearlongjester

Feb 14, 2010
Ok, I'm not going to say anything about the protest or really the incident itself.

I'm going to fucking lambast the dude who went "WOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!" right after it happened, because that's both the most obnoxious sound and reaction to the scene. Also you decide to flex your protesting muscles and are surprised when someone has a violent reaction? Well done.

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
Nah. My faith in humantiy was nearly restored, and now this. Things will never be the same for me.

All sarcasm aside, who cares if it's a male or female. The one who struck first is always wrong to begin with, being male or female has got nothing to do with it.

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
As far as I know of it (outside of it being a guy that was hit) was that he walked past the cop, shot him a look, and the cop suddenly started going at him. He didn't hit or push the cop in the beginning, he raised his hands in a 'no offense' posture before the cop shot forward and clocked him.

There was blood, and the guy stated that he was HIV positive. Also that the cop should get checked.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
TheBelgianGuy said:
I thought protesting was a basic human right we went to war for in Libya to protect? I guess it matters less if it's your own corrupt regime being protested.
So attacking a cop is appropriate now? Protesting is fine, or this thing would have been shut down weeks ago. Attacking a cop is not, therefore this dude gets a punch.

People are really looking for the next Rodney King, aren't they? There's enough problems without you trying to go make up more to complain about.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
It's not Police brutality, I love the overreaction in the video. They are able to respond with equal force and considering there is a mass of people protesting I don't think the best idea is to take hits and not return them.

He got hit, he hit her back and arrested her, he technically did nothing wrong. However the moron on the camera was just waiting to get that on camera the whole time.

Alrocsmash

Mar 7, 2011
While I'm not overly shocked by the video, fuck the police. Horribly blue collar, power tripping uneducated alpha male jack offs. Half of my in laws are cops. They're awful to be around.

Flame on.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
The videos don't show the whole story so we don't know what exactly went on other than a police officer punching a man (who looks like a woman at a certain angle) due to a supposed assault against the officer from that said man.

Warforger

Apr 24, 2010
lordmardok said:
So to be fair to the cop she did strike him first, it's hard to see but if you looked closely it's there. Still there was absolutely no call for his own violence, he should have arrested her since she did in fact assault a police officer but he was in absolutely no real danger, he let his anger get the best of him and... well, literally knocks her on her ass with a haymaker. Really Cop? Really? Was that really the best possible decision you could've made as a member of law enforcement?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vxZ8_JdKm0Q
What's with the title huh? Are you implying that the reason he hit that woman was because he wore a white shirt? I'll go back and wear my white shirts with pride!

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
I love how everyone immediately assumes it's female because of the long hair.

But still, the guy probably deserved it. I dunno about Occupy Wall Street, but there's a group in Ireland who are basically taking that idea. Occupy Dame Street (the Irish one) is the most retarded shit I've ever heard.

They don't even fucking know what they're doing there.

Sectan

Aug 7, 2011
All I see is a bunch of "FUCK DA POLICE!" As soon as somebody gets robbed or mugged or anything like that they'll be crying for the police to help them.

mb16

make cupcakes not bombs
Sep 14, 2008
as some people seem to forget, the police are still just people. How would you be feeling if you were in a crowd of angry people, who could see you as the enemy. I guarantee you wouldn't be relaxed.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I can see that guys scream becoming some sort of semi meme in a few weeks time, sounded just like Spanish commentators when Real Madrid score a goal

OT: Not the first case of police force I've seen in my life, definitely wont be the last. I'd hate to be in that cops shoes anyway, trying to maintain order with all that shit going on around him. I know, blah blah blah training blah, but still, real life is always a different feeling.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
4173 said:
TheBelgianGuy said:
I thought protesting was a basic human right we went to war for in Libya to protect? I guess it matters less if it's your own corrupt regime being protested.
Admittedly I haven't been paying attention to the news this weekend, but I missed the part where they started shooting live ammo into the crowd.

And surely whomever shot the video is risking torture and death by releasing it.
This is what I've been saying for weeks, basically.

Two people who were antagonizing the police got pepper sprayed? Cue thousands of 'OPPRESSION!' comments.

It's pepper spray. You're fine after like an hour.

Call me when we have mountains of corpses on either side of the road, then we'll talk. But 1-2 people getting punched/pepper sprayed? Shit happens. Get over it already.

Smagmuck_

Aug 25, 2009
Well, if the had gotten a Bachelor's Degree in something useful they wouldn't be here.
Maybe about 15% of the protesters are there for the right reasons, the rest are college kids, anarchists, hypocritical hipsters, and people who don't know how capitalism works.

OT: You punch an Officer of the Law, you're getting your ass handed to you. No questions asked.

Gudrests

Mar 29, 2010
Genuine Evil said:
Who gives a fuck if it?s a man or a woman the fact remains the guy/girl didn?t seem to be resisting and the police officer abused his power .

And while not all cops are assholes I still think that there needs to be a change in the way we hire and train police officers
I think abusing power...and someone is fighting them is completely different...They are allowed to strike someone to make it so they cannot fight back/fall so they can arrest them. A man was swinging at an officer....that officer responded. Problem not all cops are kung fu experts?

May 5, 2010
First of all, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And secondly:
Radeonx said:
Here comes the tons of "I've lost my faith in humanity" and "All cops are corrupt bastards!" comments.

Eh, it was one douchebag who overreacted in an isolated incident.
In my opinion, the thread really should have ended with this.

No, I take that back. This thread doesn't even need to exist. The only reason it DOES exist is because the OP made two mistakes: (1) Thinking the person who was punched was a woman, and (2) Thinking that this somehow made a FUCKING DIFFERENCE.

If a man punches a cop, and the cop punches back, that's not news. No one in the fucking world would think twice about that. But if it's WOMAN, well, then the NYPD must be full of sexist pigs and needs to be shut down! Naturally, the cop should only fight back if it's a man, right? Well, no, because that's called discrimination. You're asking the cop to treat the woman differently ONLY because she's a woman. Sexism: It works both ways.

Of course, it WASN'T a woman, but that's beside the point, because even if it HAD been a woman, that wouldn't make this video any more or less relevant.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Oh, what a shame.
More importantly, that guy going "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH" needs to shut up.