Who died for you in mass effect 2?

guidance

Dec 9, 2010
Everyone lived in my play through, which surprised me because I sided with Miranda in Jack's loyalty mission so I thought she was done for.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
MercurySteam said:
Vault101 said:
I say glitchfest because the PS3 version has a few minor issues, like cut scenes being out of sync at times
Must be frustrating getting some of the worst ports on the PS3. Considering that the PS3 has decent hardware, you'd expect it to show at some point.
well its no surprise since ME2 was made with xbox and PC in mind, and the fact that the port came out quite a while after the original release

Im hoping ME3 will be better since its not so much an afterthourght, I mean I got it on PS3 instead of PC to avoid technical issues, plus Bioware doesnt have the same reputation as bethedesa when it comes to glitches

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
On my most recent playthough I TRIED to get people killed, since I wanted my jerk Shepard to have a terrible time of things in ME3.

I'll tell you who lived, as that's a shorter list:
-Garrus
-Miranda
-Morinth

And I think that's all, as far as I remember... I might have to go check just to be sure. But yeah... life sucks for Tyrone Shepard.

Yourself5times

Feb 13, 2012
I lost Mordin and Legion on my first, and nobody on my second and third. My stupid leadership decisions caused that, because I put Samara as the leader for both fire-teams. Now I have to mess with who lives and dies on a fourth play-through...

PotluckBrigand

No family dinner is safe.
Jul 30, 2008
I lost my crew because I didn't take them seriously when they said "WE NEED TO GO GET THEM NOW!" ... So I got to watch poor Kelly die horribly. I took the Sole-Survivor background too so my Shepard has a bad history of... well... being the sole survivor haha.

My only party member that died was uh... the Krogan (I haven't played since it came out so I don't remember his name embarrassingly enough). I assigned him to the task where they said "We need someone with experience!" I over-thought it haha... I figured "Oh I'll send the guy who has 5,000 years of Krogan history programmed into him!"

That was uh... apparently the wrong answer.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Only the auxiliary crew.
I didn't know it was under a time constraint, so being a completionist, I flew around doing everything I could before I went on my 'suicide mission'.
Turns out they melted.
Still, I and my (remaining) crew survived certain death, so everything went better than expected, all things considered.

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
Thankfully, I was able to get everybody through without any casualties. On my first playthrough.
Seriously.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
rhizhim said:
but i did not start the mission right away for the sake of the universe.
i started it right away because i didn't want to lose this gal. (yeah im weird. but she was strangely more interesting than miranda and jack)
Not weird, you just have good taste. I didn't know that the amount of time you took affected anything so I lost her the first time. I didn't like that.

MJpoland

Legacy
Jan 12, 2011
Country
Poland
Ehm, you people know, that the mechanics behind who dies and who lives were discovered already? If I didnt notice someone posting it I'm sorry, but here you have it all explained:
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/3025/suisidemissionfinal8.jpg

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
On my first time I only remember losing Garrus and having my heart broken. Jack was the reason he died so I killed her.

DazBurger

May 22, 2009
madwarper said:
I didn't lose anyone.

a) Obtain the 3 anti-collector ship upgrades.
b) Keep everyone loyal.
c) Choose ideal candidates for leading roles in the suicide mission.

Failing to do any of those will ensure someone will die.
There is another factor.. Time!
If you do more than 1 mission after your crew is taken, they start dying.
Did your crew survive as well? :p

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
I lost Samara and Legion. I had Samara leading both of the fire teams, and Legion in the pipe. He died first, then her.

I also lost the entire crew!

I am credit to team!

I know now what I did wrong, but I'm going to play on anyway to see what it's like without them, and also because I made some other choices that could royally screw over the galaxy and I want to see how it plays out.

Groxnax

Apr 16, 2009
Sigh.

Well when I got to that area for the first time I kinda lost most of the crew, Leigon (Dang it), Zaeed and Mordin.

But that was before I found out that there were little rules to that zone.

Bomberman4000

Jun 23, 2010
I lost Legion almost all of the Normandy's crew back when I had the game on my Xbox 360 (it broke down, luckily got some good money for it and my games so I could pay rent one month last summer)

I sent Legion in to open the doors and never saw him again. I honestly had no idea that someone could actually die from that particular assignment; it seemed so straight-forward and low-risk. Ultimately it came down to Legion being the last one to my party, Legion being the one I had the least connection to, and Legion appearing to be the most logical choice for a tech-based assignment. I also knew there was a possibility of people dying so I really wanted to keep everyone else in eyesight.

I got so nervous during that last mission :-(

EDIT: And yes, I did just start a download of Mass Effect 2 digitally on the PSN so I can play it tonight. How did you know?

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
My first playthrough, noone.

My second playthrough, the entire crew but Chakwas, but no squadmates.

Sentox6

Jun 30, 2008
Jack, Thane, Jacob, Kasumi, Tali.

Obviously I deliberately engineered the endgame to get the result. Didn't seem like a very interesting outcome for everyone to survive.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
In the course of creating the optimal story arc for my FemShep to carry into ME3, I ended up losing...

...nobody. Gotcha, didn't I?

Uh... hello? Anybody? Nobody? [sub=2]Shit.[/sub]

Seriously, I tried to engineer a scenario where the only person I "lost" was Jack (and given the context of the ideal personality of my FemShep [not the one in-game], Jack leading the first fire team would be exactly what she'd do), but since her lead got Tali's head blown the fuck off, I said "fuggit" and just went through the end-game as usual.

I-er... my FemShep really hates Jack's personality.