Who else thinks that ME3 will be a dissapointment.

craftomega

May 4, 2011
Look im not trying to troll but ever since DA2 I dont trust bioware anymore, bluntly ever since EA took over I feel that the Bioware that brought us NWN 1, KOTOR 1, and ME 1 Is dead.

They have completely sold out by releasing games before they are finished and have moved away from RPG's. Meaning that NO; ME2 was not an RPG it was a 3rd person shoot with RPG elements. Yes it had a great story, yes combat was good. But the game it self lacked any sort of depth. And I dont wanna even get into DA2 if you cant see what the problem is with DA2 then you will take this for the hate speach it is.

Looking at the recent history of Bioware and knowing EA ME3 will not be the great game that it deserves to be.

Edit*
I love all of these personal attacks, very mature.

Edit2*
Im not saying I wont like the game only that it will not be as good as I wish it could be.

I am going to buy this game.
I am going to like this game.
I dont think ill like it near as much as I could.
I blame EA for making stupid release dates.
I think EA is a greedy whore.

I think EA will make the quality of this game suffer ALOT.

SillyBear

May 10, 2011
Most of the people who made DA2 have nothing to do with the development of ME3.

"EA HAVE SOLD OUT!" yeah, sure. You're about ten years late to that party.

Do I think it will be disappointing? I dunno. Wait until the game comes out. With Casey Hudson's track record, I highly doubt it though.

Redingold

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 28, 2009
I'm hoping that Bioware really means it when they say they want to bring back more RPG elements in ME3, but that they ever removed them in the first place annoys me. Hopefully ME3 will have a slightly more epic feel than ME2, too. That was one area where I thought ME2 was lacking compared to ME.

TheDarkestDerp

Dec 6, 2010
Probably.

They've built up a bit too much hype around their own product at this point for it to please everyone, no matter how good or pretty good it ends up being. I'm personally not too keen on the notion of 'multiplayer mode' as time spent on a feature I'm NEVER going to use could have been used on developing the actual game, rather than a feature dependent upon outside input for entertainment value.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
I can't imagine it'd be that bad. Of course, I am on my third playthrough of Dragon Age 2, so I must be a retard!

Mrmac23

Aug 12, 2011
Oh, well done. Sod's Law says that now you've said it's going to be dissapointing, it's going to be dissapointing.

OT: In terms of the moral greyness and options for choice and interaction between races that made the series unique, Bioware's ended up getting a bit backed up into a corner, what with the plot of ME3 basically being "THE REAPERS ARE FUCKING UP EVERYONE'S SHIT BETTER GO KILL THEM".

AzureRaven

Jul 21, 2011
It'll be fine. ME2 was great, and I find it astonishing how people are counting lack of leveling depth towards it no longer being an RPG. I understand it's typically hand-in-hand but you're still playing a role, and to the same depth as ME1. And if the numbers are really what you care about, then they've already said ME3 will have the depth increased somewhat closer to ME1's level. It WILL be a great game. It just might not be the "Great" game you want it to be.

Mk, rant over, have fun in your bubble of hate, I'll be out here enjoying myself.

Shameless

Jun 28, 2010
I think it will be a disappointment, rarely a trilogy has a it's 3rd installment be it's best, you know why? expectation will be sky high.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I don't think EA interfere with them that much to be honest, I get more worried by the stuff the two doctors at the head of BioWare come out with every time they're interviewed.

Having said that, the Dragon Age team isn't the same as the Mass Effect one. Furthermore, the direction Mass Effect took was right for Mass Effect. The problem with Dragon Age 2 was that they tried to take it in a direction that wasn't right for that series.

Flailing Escapist

Apr 13, 2011
I think you will be disappointed. I on the other hand will not be.. Probably. Mass Effect is Mass Effect and I don't mind that they stream-lined it quite a bit but from what I've seen so far it looks like they intend on bringing some of the RPG elements back plus ME3 looks like a large improvement on ME2 in a lot of other ways too.

But I hope it exceeds all your high expectations you pessimist you!

May 7, 2008
i hope i will like. #2 was okay but not great. at least in my eyes. i just hope they settle on a "side" adventure that isn't stupid. and by "side" adventure i'm talking about the satellites for ore on the planets thing. the first game had a moon buggy, who knows whats next

DoctorObviously

May 22, 2009
I definately think ME3 will not be as good as everyone thinks. Part is just a gut feeling. Part is looking at the development time of all three games.

Seventh Actuality

Apr 23, 2010
craftomega said:
Meaning that NO; ME2 was not an RPG it was a 3rd person shoot with RPG elements. Yes it had a great story, yes combat was good. But the game it self lacked any sort of depth. And I dont wanna even get into DA2 if you cant see what the problem is with DA2 then you will take this for the hate speach it is.
ME1 was a bad third person shooter with extraneous, utterly token and unfulfilling RPG elements. ME2 was a good third person shooter with much less irrelevant fluff.

BioWare are famous for the stories they tell, they don't have to restrict themselves to one kind of game to tell those stories - especially not when a different kind of game tells it better. Say what you like about ME2's story (I loved it, I know a lot of people didn't) but ME1 was a game where you slogged through the actual gameplay for the sake of the story, and ME2 fixed that by focussing on the core gameplay and making it fun.

Dragon Age 2 was a disappointment for a lot of reasons, but there's no reason any of them will apply to ME3. It was the second installment of a franchise BioWare didn't think they'd got the look and feel of right yet (which led to a lot of unnecessary tinkering and bad redesigning), it was an attempt to tell a very different story in a very different way to the first game that only partially succeeded, and yes, the gameplay was worse, but not because it was some kind of fucking "betrayal" of RPGs, because it was objectively messed up. The main reason it was a letdown though was because it was rushed, plain and simple. It was one step up from an unfinished product. None of that applies to the Mass Effect series.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
I also think that game I've never played before and haven't even seen a beta or demo will be bad!

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Not I. I'm going into ME3 with the idea that it's a graphical expansion to ME2 with minor tweaks.

Unlike most of the online community, I feel that Bioware is constantly improving their games as they release newer titles. There are obvious flaws in DA2 and ME2 admittedly, but they held far superior gameplay and fun factor than their predecessors which is what matters most to me.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
If you think you are going to be disappointed, if it's as bad as you think, aren't you not disappointed?

Disappointment doesn't mean bad, it means worse than you predicted.

Unless you mean hordes of people other than you will be disappointed.

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
Just wait and see. There's no need to go around crying doom and gloom before the game has even come out. BioWare is not some rinky-dink movie-tie-in game developer. Sure, it could all go to hell and ME3 might not turn out good. But, on the other hand, it could turn out really well. The reason DAII turned out the way it did was due to a rushed developed. ME3 has not been rushed. Indeed, they extended the development time by about 5 to 6 months. It was originally slated to come out in November of this year.

I have no idea how ME3 will turn out. No idea at all. I'm gonna wait until it actually comes out before forming an opinion.