Who Still Watches Extra Credits?

kwagamon

Jun 24, 2010
I still watch it. It's still really good and I'd definitely miss it if they were to stop making it.

Devi Darkside

Sep 3, 2009
I still watch it even though it has moved. What can I say, I feel that Extra Credits puts out some interesting ideas for the gaming industry. I still go here all the time for my Yahtzee, MovieBob and gaming news fixes...And occasionally for Jimquisition though his "I'm amazing" attitude does occasionally annoy me. But I went to Penny Arcade before and now I have more reason to.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
xXAsherahXx said:
I put this thread here because EC is about games. Place this thread wherever you wish Mod Overlords.

Anyhow, I'm wondering who here on the Escapist still watches EC even after it left, and still after it left Youtube.

If you do, does it still carry the same effect?

I still watch it. For me the effect has gone down a little only because it isn't found on a gaming centric site anymore. It isn't quite as empowering. Penny Arcade is a gaming site, but the Escapist is entirely centered around discussing about games etc. You know what I mean.
Yeah, well, the Escapist failed to house it properly, so whatever on that account. As I have nothing against PA, Jack still watches Extra Credits.

Chaos James

Bastion of Debauchery
May 27, 2011
I still watch Extra Credits, I don't think they've lost anything by going to PATV. Actually, with them going there, I actually bothered to watch a few others things on there and read Penny Arcade, which I haven't done in countless years.

So I'd say its a plus for Penny Arcade, I don't mind, as long as I can still watch EC.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Yeah, I had to add a new book mark yesterday to Penny Arcade. I've never been much of a fan of the comic, but EC is enough reason to attend the site now.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Yup, I still watch it. It brings up some great points so it's always fun to get a different look at it.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
BlueberryMUNCH said:
I feel kind left out due to the fact that I never actually watched it in the first place.
Hmm.
You should give it a try, even now they've left the Escapist. I started watching it and liked it, but what I love about it is the fact that they made it to the top not by swearing and ranting on the Internet, but because they have genuinely intelligent opinions.

krychek57 said:
Metalhandkerchief said:
Nope. Penny Arcade bores me and I won't go there to watch EC.
This and the fact I'm not willing to watch a 30+ second ad before everyone. Yay to the PubClub!
Wow, an elitist who dislikes the foundation of modern capitalism; how ironic.

Zac Smith said:
I still watch it, they seem to make some valid and interesting points, and hey. It's something to watch I suppose, better then watching videos of cats on youtube in my opinion, may hear about a game I might like or something
Amen, brother. You know, the main reason I picked up Mass Effect is because I got the advise from them. I've never liked hype personally, so I tend to avoid anything that surrounds it. But sometimes when it's coupled with intelligent opinions and interesting views from individuals, I'm willing to give that something a shot.

zefiewings

May 28, 2011
THANK YOU!
My internet is none too reliable, and as a result it has been a while since I have been on the site. Imagine my confusion when I log on today and I can't seem to find extra credits anywhere.

I loyaly watch Zero puntuation. I find five minuites of internet somewhere so I can watch it every week. When I actually have surfing time however, the other two things I watch are extra credits and unskipable. I caught up on unskipable today (and even stsrted watching movie bob for the first time) but couldn't figure out why there was no Extra Credit links anywhere.

Penny Arcade you say? never heard of it but will high tail it over there right now. Thanks again.

Also...why did they leave us?

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
I still watch it, but I'm not so excited for it every week - I have to be reminded by its facebook page.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Sure. I really like the show, and even though it's not on the Escapist I'll continue to watch it. As long as I remember to check every week.

zefiewings said:
Also...why did they leave us?
Short answer: It's complicated. A routine business deal sort of got out of hand. The last Escapist podcast touched on the issue. Something to do with how the rights are owned, and payments.

A lot's been said on the matter by everyone. Not all of it 100% true.

CannibalCorpses

Aug 21, 2011
Nah, it never appealed to me. Infact the only reason i bother with the escapist at all is because i like zero punctuation...the rest is meh, boring. Thats not true, i like the forums to a certain degree aswell

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
I see no reason to stop watching a show simply because it moved channels. The same can be said for Extra Credits, I see no reason why Penny Arcade isn't a totally valid place for the show to be hosted. I find I enjoy several PATV shows more than I enjoy several Escapist webseries, including Zero Punctuation.

pepitko

Sep 23, 2009
I watched it while they were on youtube and I haven't watched an episode since they moved away from youtube. I visit Penny Arcade only rarely and I still keep coming to Escapist for MovieBob shows, ZP, Critical Miss and since Jim calmed down a bit I've enjoyed Jimquisition quite a bit as well.

Speakercone

May 21, 2010
EC is still just as awesome as ever. I watch every week and often re-watch the old ones from time to time. Also I quite enjoy Penny Arcade's stuff and have started watching some of their other PATV features. Some of it is kinda meh, but a lot of it is really enjoyable :)

cynicalsaint1

Salvation a la Mode
Apr 1, 2010
I still watch it - I do find myself wishing it was still on the Escapist though.
It seems to fit well here along with the over all feel of the site.

Its too bad they had to have a falling out like that.