Why all the love for zombies?

Mockingjay

Mar 3, 2009
I just had a dream... A dream where I was stuck in a warped Ravenholm mixed with my house zombie apocolypse with my ex best friend, two guys that don't like me and a baby we had found... Zombies aren't cool.

but anyway, why all the love? I find the thought of zombies significantly unappealing, yet on here there must be more than twenty zombie related threads a day.

and thank you for the inevitable chorus of 'OMG THIS HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE!!!!!11' like I didn't already realise.

Colodomoko

Feb 22, 2008
I think it has something to do with that escapist contest, it had something to do with zombies and 4 other things.

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
Zombies dont object to being brutaly mowed down.. normaly, its a power fantasy I guess.

But in reality zombies would probably suck besides the whole trying to eat you thing they would smell, and can you imagine how messy it would get? Trying to get one persons blood stains out of clothes is hard enough but 10?

Mockingjay

Mar 3, 2009
xmetatr0nx said:
Well the zombie thing isnt a new thing, how long ago did Romero do "dawn of the daed".

Oh and OMG this has been done before!!
Wow. Thanks to your input, I couldn't have made a douche-ier responce if I had tried.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Zombies have always been my most favourite thing ever, I dont know why but I have always liked them. Not in a "Hey, we are best buddies" way, just in a zombie apocolypse way... It is so cool. :D

Ibanez887

Apr 16, 2009
I guess mainly the fact that Zombies are the most basic type of monster there is and People always have something to say about them or make a book or something (I recently bought a Zombie Survival Guide just for laughs)and they are a popular video game baddie
Thats why

Mockingjay

Mar 3, 2009
Nmil-ek said:
Zombies dont object to being brutaly mowed down.. normaly, its a power fantasy I guess.

But in reality zombies would probably suck besides the whole trying to eat you thing they would smell, and can you imagine how messy it would get? Trying to get one persons blood stains out of clothes is hard enough but 10?
Let's face it, in real life the 'zombie disease' what probably be blood transmitted. No hours by the kitchen sink for you.

TaborMallory

May 4, 2008
JOE COOL said:
I think it has something to do with that escapist contest, it had something to do with zombies and 4 other things.
Nah dude, almost all gamers I know acknowledge zombies on a regular basis. It's a general nerd thing, like pirates or ninjas.

Lazarus Long

Nov 20, 2008
It's not a power fantasy for me. Zombies are absolutely terrifying - something about the glacial inevitability of death given physical form. A teeming crowd of shambling examples of what you will one day be.

Of course, that doesn't stop me from voraciously seeking out every example of the genre I can get my mitts on, from the pinnacle (Romero's original trilogy) down to three feet below the bottom of the barrel (Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things.)

Mockingjay

Mar 3, 2009
xmetatr0nx said:
shophius said:
xmetatr0nx said:
Well the zombie thing isnt a new thing, how long ago did Romero do "dawn of the daed".

Oh and OMG this has been done before!!
Wow. Thanks to your input, I couldn't have made a douche-ier responce if I had tried.
Thank you, i always appreciate people who take my post seriously....even though they arent.
No, thank you, I love people who try to make themselves the victim of the misunderstood bug after saying something douche-y.

Zombie Izzard

Jul 1, 2009
Because you can kill another human being without all that pesky guilt. Plus you can get creative without being looked at like a psychopath.

Mockingjay

Mar 3, 2009
Draculafreak said:
Well, Twilight ruined vampires so on to the next cult monster...
There's a certain romantic element behind vampires though, try doing the same with zombies. Teenage girls would hate it xD Btw I dislke Twilight before people go thinking because I'm a girl and mentioned Twilight that I might like it.