Why all the Michael Cera hate?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I don't know, possibly because people seem to enjoy hating things for no good or rational reason. Can't figure that one out.

Kekon3

Dec 4, 2008
I knew there was a reason Scott Pilgrim wasn't selling well... and its cause of the haters.... right that explains it... (I'm not being sarcastic I srsly forgot about the haters)

RN7

Oct 27, 2009
Because before Scott Pilgrim the only roles he did were as a weak, sniveling, kind of wimpy character. I have more respect for him due to his performance in that particular film, though.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
The Austin said:
Old Trailmix said:
It's just the fact he's the same person every time.
So is Clint Eastwood, but I'm guessing you don't mind that.

OP: As for Cera, I like him. He's a good actor.
As someone who grew up watching them, I have to ask... which Clint Eastwood movies have you seen?

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I don't get the "He plays the same character" reason, most actors do that.

Personally, I enjoy his acting, he's definitely got some talent and I loved him in Scott Pilgrim (great movie, go watch it now). Sometimes he is annoying, but I really don't mind since, well, if I got sick of Cera just because he plays similar roles then I'd have to stop watching movies alltogether since, again most actors do that.

Yeq

Jul 15, 2009
This is all a little unfair. Comparing Cera to other actors is like comparing apples and some fruit nobody's ever heard of.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Yeq said:
This is all a little unfair. Comparing Cera to other actors is like comparing apples and some fruit nobody's ever heard of.
Whatever happened to you, Maebe?

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
He just annoys me that he can be called an actor.

And yea, a part of me is jealous that he can be paid so much money for basically showing up and being filmed on camera- but the guy hasn't even showed any range or talent until Scott Pilgrim, and even in that he was the weakest part because his character was an unlikable douchebag. The movie was good, though

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
I don't hate Cera. I think he's alright. I do get kind of frustrated that he plays the same character over and over again, but I don't find that to be a legitimate reason to hate him.

Samcanuck

Nov 26, 2009
No, I dont hate him. But I dont think he's a very versatile actor. But thats his agents fault in'it?

I Max95

Mar 23, 2009
i loved him in scott pilgrim but that role wasnt exacltly like his others

i only saw him in Juno other than that and i didnt find him too bad

hate his voice, though only when he is very quiet is it unbearable

Chancie

Sep 23, 2009
He's just in everything lately, he doesn't seem to have much talent beyond playing an "awkward teen," and I really don't think he's that funny.

Oh, yeah, and again, he's in everything. I'm getting tired of seeing him so often when I didn't even like him much to begin with.

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
i like him. but he is very much a one hit wonder (acting style wise... hes been in alot of great movies though) he needs to grow as an actor and get out of the awekward teen phase. it wont work in 3 years.

Sronpop

Mar 26, 2009
I like him, he has been great in all the movies I have seen him in. But then again, I am an Arrested Development fanboy so im a bit skewed. Nothing wrong with Cera though, he is doing a good job. Plus, who else would do this

daftalchemist

Aug 6, 2008
I love Michael Cera. He's adorable as hell. It makes me want to do very dirty things to him, things that would make him extremely uncomfortable. I don't think he's a bad actor either. He did a great job being a badass in Scott Pilgrim.

Besides, Megan Fox is only good at acting like a hooker, but people still like her. So why get after Michael Cera for only being able to act one way?

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
dfcrackhead said:
Maybe I'm weird, but I don't dislike him, but it seems a lot of people do. I'll admit my judgement may change in the future if he doesn't try doing a role other than "Awkward teen", but as it stands he doesn't ruin movies for me in the way Seth Rogen does.

So do you hate Michael Cera? Why or why not?
Personally, I like him, but I think the hate might have something to do with this.

Good morning blues

Sep 24, 2008
Michael Cera is awesome. He's a charming man with great comic timing, and while he's been in bad movies, he has never been the reason that the movie was bad.

People claim that they don't like him because he always plays the same character, but you can say that about any comedic actor.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
The Jakeinator said:
No, Katanas were used by Ninjas, the Samurais Mortal Enemy, while Samurais used Samurai Swords. Katanas were just based in the Samurai Sword.

I think.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katana

Samurai carried what is known as a "Daisho", which is a Katana (though to be more specific it's technically an Uchigatana) and a Wakizashi (or short-sword, basically a shorter katana).

Ninja, at least the ones properly doing their job, rarely used swords, as they were hard to conceal. From what I understand, sais, kunai, and kama (or other weapons that could easily be disguised as peasant tools) were the weapons of choice for most ninja.

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
His voice is insanely annoying,and I really don't like the roles he plays, but I aside from that I have nothing against the guy