Why did I buy this?

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
Any time I ask myself, 'Why did I buy this?' it's usually returned to the store the next day. Usually those games tend to be in the cheapo bin, as I'm not going to invest more then a few dollars on a game I know next to nothing about. The only time I end up with a crappy or glitchily unfun game, it's because a relative gave it to me. Even then, should it remain unplayed for more than a year, I sell it to the local store anyway.

Either way, I cannot name any such games offhand at the moment since their time with my has been so short.

Spartan Bannana

Apr 27, 2008
I always wonder why I bought assassin's creed
It had too little replay value and the appraisal price for it was $10 by the time I finally got off my lazy ass and sold it.
Would have been a good rent though.

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
BloodNet for the PC, circa 1993.

It looked like this: http://www.mobygames.com/game/bloodnet/cover-art

So...yeah. Vampires, pretty awesome. Hackers, also pretty awesome. Vampire hackers? Not really anything remotely similar to awesome.

Zemalac

Apr 22, 2008
I used to do impulse buys occasionally. Now I don't. This is why.

One that sticks in my mind was a game called Perimeter: Emperor's Testament. I still don't know what posessed me to buy it. Horrible game that I didn't really understand.

Kazos

Apr 9, 2008
Moto GP '06
why the fuck did i get it?
And Fusion Frenzy 2, it got 20% in a review, but i enjoyed the first one. It was cack.

Hey Joe

Dec 23, 2007
Drugar said:
Hey Joe said:
Can somebody please tell me why I felt the need to buy Tiger Woods '08?
Cause you're a sucker for anything that contains a big black dude with a club in his hands?
So that's why I bought Krazy Kwanza Seal Clubbing 3!

ArcNitemare

Apr 30, 2008
Hmm would have to be Top Gun for the Gamecube.Thought it looked good,only to realize it sucked.

ladyparvati

Jun 11, 2008
beats me ! this bugs me also . i bought Drekangard 2 (ps2) but i never played it . maybe i need to spend money for pleasure of being consumer in my opinion .

i also bought Trapt (ps2) and played but i haven't yet finished it . i bought it because its cover art was attractive and still attractive to me .

Inriri

Jun 4, 2008
World of Warcraft.

*1 year later*

WHY DID I SPEND MY TIME ON THIS GAME?!?!?!?!

Flytch

Mar 11, 2008
Astonishia story, the true case of the cover art concealing the crap within.

gamshobny

Apr 13, 2008
Rogue Trooper. I still don't know why I bought it.

But I'm not wondering because I think it's a bad game, quite the oposite. I enjoyed playing it 3 times, wich is a lot for a shooter these days (but then again, it is kind of old). It's just that honestly can't tell what makes me like it. The gameplay is nothing genius, graphics have their moments like any game, nothing more, perhaps a bit less... story is a bit deeper, but nothing that would knock your socks off.

I guess it will always be on my mind.

On second thought, rome: total war. I liked the way it looked, but the strategies, controls and all... it's way to much for my uncomplicated rush-in-and-see-how-much-lives way of managing a battle. And I knew I would feel this way before I bought it, because I saw it at a friend and thought exactly that.

TJ rock 101

May 20, 2008
medal of honor: frontlines = SHIT
i still have not finished it. its degree of shittyness drove me away

nickwake360

Jun 1, 2008
Pheonix Wright: Ace Attorney...

I like games were you shoot and kill people and then I go out and buy a game about being lawyer that has nothing but endless text?!? WTF!

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Sim City 4 [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHGRjn85p5M].

For those of you who don't get the link, It was a good idea at the time to buy Sim City 4.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
Quaidis said:
Any time I ask myself, 'Why did I buy this?' it's usually returned to the store the next day.
Unfortunately, they don't let us do that here. If you open any video game, it's immediately non-refundable. Which is really horrible because unless you rent a game, there's no way of seeing if it's good or not. My friend has a lot of games. He once bought a game for his sister, and the game that came in the case wasn't at all the game that he bought. They wouldn't let him return it. Another time, the same friend bought a game, but the CD was shattered into four pieces. He couldn't return it.

Not sure if it's just Manitoba or all of Canada. Maybe even all of North America (seeing as how I don't know who you are, Quaidis). At any rate, the system phails.

Fullforce

Aug 27, 2007
ArmA: Queen's Gambit. However, on the contrary, ArmA itself is the best purchase I ever made.