Why did I buy this?

SargentToughie

Jun 14, 2008
back in my JRPG loving days I made the life crippleing mistake of buying shining tears... I still have nightmares about it

BLERGER

Jun 11, 2008
SargentToughie said:
back in my JRPG loving days I made the life crippleing mistake of buying shining tears... I still have nightmares about it
There there...it's all over now...

I personally regret buying Harvest Moon: It's a Wonderful Life for the Gamecube...I love the Harvest Moon series, particularly HM64 for the N64, but come on...HM:AWL was just...dumb...How is it physically possible to mash a potato with a cucumber and come up with some master spud that is crisp-tasting and green on the inside (which should serve as a warning with anything you grow. If it's green on the inside and it isn't supposed to be, you did not create a new breed of vegetable. You failed =D)

-Arsundiil

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
World Rally Championship 2004... and then I remeber my dad likes cars... **facepalm**

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
second only to The One said:
super monkey ball
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Monkey Ball rules. Banana Blitz is the best one yet.

Can you expand why you think it was a bad mistake? Was it because you knew it was not your kind of game or are you saying you think it was a terrible game?

Jimmyjames

Jan 4, 2008
I can't figure why I bought about half the games in my Wii collection:

Medal of Honor: Heroes 2
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Tiger Woods 08
Wii Play (well, actually I bought that for the WiiMote)

I guess I'm so desperate to play something good that isn't Mario, Zelda, or Metroid that I took a chance.

KapnKerfuffle

May 17, 2008
I get in trouble when I jones for video games.

Bought Fable on Xbox live, even though I had ordered Fable:The Lost Chapters because I just needed to play it now and couldn't for some reason wait for the Lost Chapters. Then I never played through Lost Chapters.

I bought Resident Evil:Outbreak Zero (I think that's the name) and a Tony Hawks Skater game at a used store on impulse. Couldn't get into either of them.

Other than that, I'm pretty good about researching and choosing carefully.

CTU_Agent24

May 21, 2008
Jimmyjames said:
I can't figure why I bought about half the games in my Wii collection:

Medal of Honor: Heroes 2
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Tiger Woods 08
Wii Play (well, actually I bought that for the WiiMote)

I guess I'm so desperate to play something good that isn't Mario, Zelda, or Metroid that I took a chance.
is metroid good?

CTU_Agent24

May 21, 2008
Operation Flashpoint,
Heard it was good, and was only $19.
How wrong i was. Only good part was the begining of the third game (resistence), where i thought "wow, what an open-ended amazing story". 5 min later it ruins it's self.

Speaking of which, i hear ARMA Assualt is good, worth buying?

Jimmyjames

Jan 4, 2008
CTU_Agent24 said:
is metroid good?
I thought it was fantastic. One of the best FPS I've ever played on a console.

:::EDIT::: I mean Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, of course.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
I just remembered.

I once bought Railroad Tycoon for the Dreamcast. Not sure why I, along with anyone, would want to make railway stations in the Victorian eras when you could be making holiday resorts in Beach Life or adventure parks in Theme Park.

RetiarySword

Apr 27, 2008
Star trek legacy, I played the demo with the only other person who played the demo online, and thought it was good. Saw it in the shop, baught it, got home and it was craptacular! An epic fleet battle in my eyes is not a 4V4!

slaygore

Mar 6, 2008
SargentToughie said:
Unfortunately, you're not alone. I think I fell asleep 5 times in the game and it was during combat.

And I always wonder why I bought Grand Turismo 4 when I knew it was slow and hard to control. More of a burnout fan.

SargentToughie

Jun 14, 2008
slaygore said:
SargentToughie said:
Unfortunately, you're not alone. I think I fell asleep 5 times in the game and it was during combat.
Well, after the terror that was trying to play it for a half an hour, I almost got my money's worth in what I did to the disk. it involved a hammer, some hairspray, matches...

Fudj

May 1, 2008
Two Worlds ....... Crappy acting, stupid dialects, that demon thing at the end, and it trying to hard to be oblivion