Why Do We Love Nathan Fillion?

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Yeah, I blame my friend on that. He got me into watching Firefly (great show, BTW. sucks they cancelled it).

mr_rubino

Sep 19, 2010
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
As par for the course, I'm the only person here who probably hates Fillion. Not as an actor mined you, I just hate him because of his rabid and ridiculous fans... And his relationship to that over-hyped/over-praised western that happens to feature spaceships Firefly.
So it's... basically the Whedon connection, as in the "Sudden tidal wave of vague and unexplainable hatred for everyone who ever appeared in a Joss Whedon property after Whedon's most recent project was such an embarrassment, despite the popular and critical approval all his past projects have gotten" that's been so popular on the internet over the last year or so?
Over-hyped and over-praised eh? I assure you, I'm impressed with your fiercely independent spirit (TM) to stand up so bravely against a 13-episode show (of which I think about 5 ended up airing).

Well, you said it. You don't hate him per se. You hate those who would dare like something you don't. ...I mean his "rabid fans" &c.

Criquefreak

Mar 19, 2010
I've hated every character I've seen him play. Firefly, Buffy, Doctor Horrible; liked the shows/internet musical but Fillion's characters always had me rooting for his downfall. Never played Halo ODST, but if his trend in characters is there, I'd probably spend time trying to shoot him in the head.

Now, if he's nothing like his characters, then I can greatly appreciate his acting talent at portraying a role so well that I'll outright hate it (probably not the intention as Mal, oh well).

Le_Lisra

norwegian cat
Jun 6, 2009
Who the hell is Nathan Fillion?

I mean, I've obviosly seen some of his works but this is the first time I've heard his name.

mr_rubino

Sep 19, 2010
Nautical Honors Society said:
Whitenail said:

What oher actor on earth?
What other actor on earth would dress in women's clothing?

All of them.

OT: He is a good actor with charm and great timing...and he is Captain Hammer.
England alone would have an entire industry of Nathan Fillions if that was the only requirement.

Also: We're forgetting one thing: He was the other Private Ryan. The one whose spirit was crushed and ground into a fine powder by Tom Hanks in about 30 seconds total. Awesome.

Whitenail

Sep 28, 2010
Whitenail said:

All of them.

True, but I'd like to see Grahame Bond be able to say such classic lines as "I swear, by my pretty flowered bonnet, I will end you" on a wagon, on an alien planet, surrounded by bandits, with that utterly charming Nathan Filion smile and accent.

Sep 17, 2009
Whitenail said:
Whitenail said:

All of them.

True, but I'd like to see Grahame Bond be able to say such classic lines as "I swear, by my pretty flowered bonnet, I will end you" on a wagon, on an alien planet, surrounded by bandits, with that utterly charming Nathan Filion smile and accent.
Well this may be true. Touche.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I compare Nathan Fillion to Portal: Pretty cool, but too coverd in fan spunk.

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
His voice is just generic and uninteresting enough to turn a boring character into a bland one.

To be less sarcastic, its more or less his voice is so standard that it lets other aspects of a character stand out more.