Why Do We Love Nathan Fillion?

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
I know this is girl talk and I don't mean to interrupt, but when has he ever flown high? Sorry but Firefly doesn't qualify as "flying high." My guess: it is the right balance of testosterone and nurturing sensitive qualities, as well as being a flawed, tragic, and vulnerable figure as Cpt. Reynolds.

Misterkillsall

Jun 7, 2010
Insane_Foxx said:
Summerstorm said:
Insane_Foxx said:
Imagine for a second: a movie or show that has Nathan Fillion and Bruce Campbell - Pure Awesome
AND Christopher Walken
Can't have that. the universe might rip itself up trying to comprehend the level of win in that.
Precisely my dear Watson.

Seriously though, that TV show would be so f***ing awesome my tv could spontaneously combust.

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
PureChaos said:
he's Captain Malcolm Reynolds...he's AWESOME
Pretty much my reason. Of course, it wasnnt until I watched Firefly that I realized how prevalent his voice is in the latter Halo games. So there's that, too.

Firefly (with the help of TV Tropes) is also responsible for making me realize how fond I am of Adam Baldwin. I heard Jayne talk for the first time, and after about twenty minutes realized: "Hey! It's Kal'Reegar!" Really cool TV show + game I like too much = instant fandom.

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
James Joseph Emerald said:
Fasckira said:
The guy is a hero. Enough said.
Big Damn Hero.
Duh.
Indeed he is. You know, a good test for the importance of a work of fiction to the nerd community is to see whether it has named a trope.

Edit: I just realized that I mentioned TV Tropes in both of my posts. They weren't kidding when they said that TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life.

I feel so ashamed...

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
He is the most awesome of every awesome person in the world.
I started watching Castle, and I love it. I'm also getting Firefly because that's supposedly very good.

thublihnk

Jul 24, 2009
Honestly, I don't know what it is, but I just do not dig Nathan Fillion the same way most people do, and I don't know why he's so popular. Yes, I've seen Firefly, and yes I've seen Dr. Horrible. Maybe it's just runoff from my VERY passionate mild dislike of Joss Whedon.

AngelicSven

Aug 24, 2010
Sonic Doctor said:
Yes he is wonderful, love every character he has played, that I have seen. He was actually a selling point for my friends and I for buying ODST. We weren't going to get it, but then I saw the trailer that featured him and told my friends, they didn't believe me until I showed them, then it was an automatic buy for us.

AngelicSven said:
Firefly.
Castle.
Halo ODST.
Nathan Drake.

I'm done.
Captain Hammer too, if you haven't seen Dr.Horrible's Sing Along Blog, you are missing out on the best musical ever. I hate musicals, but it was one of the greatest things I have ever seen.

Also, he even was in a small 3 or 4 minute section of Halo Reach. Which was awesome because it brought back the great ODST music for that section. And of course awesome because it is him and we get to hear Buck again. It was a pleasant surprise because I wasn't expecting it.
Damn, I did forget Captain Hammer. I have no idea how I did that.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Insane_Foxx said:
Imagine for a second: a movie or show that has Nathan Fillion and Bruce Campbell - Pure Awesome
Umm that much awesome would consume the planet and possibly destroy the universe. Although it would probably be replaced by a more awesome one!

To those who dont like Nathan Fillion, go away you are not wanted here. Its nothing personal, just please leave.

Faladorian

May 3, 2010
Who the fuck is Nathan Fillion?

*looks at article*

: Firefly, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Serenity, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. His voice can be heard in Halo 3 , Halo: Reach, and Wonder Woman, and on Robot Chicken and The Venture Brothers
No wonder I don't know who he is, I hate everything he's ever done.

CLEVERSLEAZOID

Mar 4, 2009
Faladorian said:
Who the fuck is Nathan Fillion?

*looks at article*

: Firefly, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Serenity, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. His voice can be heard in Halo 3 , Halo: Reach, and Wonder Woman, and on Robot Chicken and The Venture Brothers
No wonder I don't know who he is, I hate everything he's ever done.

/applauds

Next pointless comment please!

OT:

I have to say I discovered Fillion through Firefly/Serenity, and his charisma and acting talents won me over. My girlfriend recently made me watch all 7[?] seasons of Buffy [personally can't stand vampires], and it was awesome seeing Nathan playing an evil character. I also enjoyed his cameos in the Halo franchise, and it was awesome fun running around ODST, fighting alongside him in the later levels

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
Because he has some of the best one-liners of all time in Slither...and coz he's Captain Mal Reynolds. \m/

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Epic Fillion pic FTW.

And I gotta say, we love him because he's just so darn lovable. X]

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Lolth17 said:
Because he's just... amazing. He's like Bruce Campbell, you can't really put your finger on why he's awesome, he just radiates geek-cool from every pore.
Exactly, both of these guys are wonderful.