Why Do We Love Nathan Fillion?

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
Nerds love Fillion first because he's 'one of them', and the fact that he's a good actor is secondary.

Actual

Jun 24, 2008
It's because we would totally gay for him. Hell, I would sleep with another man just for the chance to sleep with him.

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
«It may not feel too classy,
begging just to eat,
but you know who does that?
Lassie!
And she always gets a treat!»

The way Fillion delivered this is more than reason enough to dig him.

Tilted_Logic

Apr 2, 2010
Nautical Honors Society said:
Whitenail said:

What oher actor on earth?
What other actor on earth would dress in women's clothing?

All of them.

OT: He is a good actor with charm and great timing...and he is Captain Hammer.
But how many actors can look that dashing in a bonnet?

confab42

Nov 13, 2010
I had such a mad crush on Joey Buchanan (although he was way too young for me).
I guess that means I win?

TaintedNails

Feb 17, 2010
Anyone else here see the very short lived FOX Tv show in 2007 called DRIVE he was the star in that show. In case you haven't here is the description of the show:

Drive is an short-lived American action drama television series created by Tim Minear and Ben Queen. The series is set across the backdrop of an illegal automobile road race with the central focus being on the competitors and eventually on the puppet masters behind the race. Regarding the tone of the show, Tim Minear has described it by saying "a secret, illegal, underground road race can be anything from Cannonball Run to The Game to North by Northwest to Magnolia-on-wheels. Ours is all those things. Firefly and Serenity star Nathan Fillion, a longtime friend of Drive creator Tim Minear, plays the lead role of Alex Tully in the series.

I loved that show, and was a shame that it got cut before it really got a chance to get off the ground, from revolving time slots, and never airing that remaining 2 episodes. It died before it got a chance to live. Its only 6 episodes, if you can find a torrent, or maybe on youtube give it try, you wont be disappointed, well yes you will be cause how FOX never continued it, even to let it get a full season.

But yeah he is any awesome actor, and have seen a few episodes of castle. Have all of Firefly and Serenity, curious what episodes he did voice work on The Venture Bros, since i seen all the episodes. (Another favorite show)

But seriously give DRIVE a spin, if you havent seen it yet.

lazyslothboy

Jul 1, 2010
TaintedNails said:
But yeah he is any awesome actor, and have seen a few episodes of castle. Have all of Firefly and Serenity, curious what episodes he did voice work on The Venture Bros, since i seen all the episodes. (Another favorite show)

But seriously give DRIVE a spin, if you havent seen it yet.
If memory serves, I think Nathan plays some minor character parodying spiderman (Brown Widow)

WordyLAnn

Oct 22, 2010
I love Nathan to a point. I mean, he's a fantastic actor and a great guy, but I can't say that I personally know him so my level of love is staying at admiration. It'd be cool to meet him but I'm not obsessive about it. It's not my life goal or anything close to it.

Kcat10

Oct 12, 2010
We love Nathan Fillion simply for himself. There's something about him that draws our love. Something inherent that isn't easy to describe, though your cool article certainly succeeded in doing so to an extent.

When he asks you to do something, you want to do it. He has a commanding presence, yet he's kind. He's powerfully masculine, yet he has an endearing tenderness to balance this. He's hysterically funny, extremely intelligent, stunningly sexy, and incredibly handsome. And he is brilliantly talented as his marvelous body of work proves.

The next step for him is becoming an A-List movie star, and I'm determined to do all I can to help him succeed in doing so. I've posted my efforts on this subject elsewhere on your site, where you write about him wanting to be Nathan Drake, but this applies here as well. It is further testament about why we love him. He inspires within us the desire to help him succeed, because when he wins, he makes us feel like we win, too!

Here's what I'm doing to help Nathan Fillion be cast as Nathan Drake. Those who love him are happily joining in to help. You are all welcome to join us Browncoats and Castillions in supporting Nathan Fillion's hopes and dreams! Let's make them a reality for him, shall we? It'll be a win-win!:

This role belongs to Nathan Fillion. Let's make sure we do our part to help him get cast as Nathan Drake! Want to help? Keep reading:

We Browncoats & Castillions are obeying @NathanFillion's Mission Directive: Campaign for him to be Nathan Drake!

Here is Nathan's tweet: "If ever there was a Twitter campaign, let this be it. Rise, ye Browncoats. Rise, ye Castillions. RISE! http://j.mp/aEGe79 "

Let him see that we have RISEN!

Please write your desires in on each of the sites gathered here for you. Let's do everything in our power to help Nathan Fillion become the A-list leading man movie star he deserves to be! We all want to make very sure he is spared any more pain in his career such as he, and we, suffered with the demise of Firefly and Serenity. Let's steadfastly support him with our collective might, mind and strength. Show our Captain how beloved he truly is. We are Browncoats and Castillions. We have the power to put our Big Damn Hero up where he belongs, and keep him there. Thank you, and God bless you all for everything you do to help him.

For those who might like an example of what to say, here's the essence of what I'm posting in the comments section of each site:

"We want Nathan Fillion to be cast as Nathan Drake!

Yes! NATHAN FILLION is the BEST choice to play Nathan Drake! He's got action hero written all over him, with the biceps to prove it. He's extremely handsome, bright, clever, sexy, hot, young and devilishly funny. And he wants this role as much as we want it for him!

It's his turn to be the next powerful leading man on the big screen. We Browncoats and Castillions are determined to get him up where he belongs, and keep him there. He has single-handedly transformed the term "geek" into "sexgod." He's an up-and-coming A-list movie star with muscle and heat and he's a-comin' to take over feature films! I feel it! Grab him while you can for the Uncharted franchise. Because he'll also make the best Indiana Jones when they re-boot those movies!!

In his campaign to be Nathan Drake, we Browncoats and Castillions rise up and firmly support our Captain Nathan Fillion!"

Please go to this link for all 170 sites, and thank you!:

http://tinyurl.com/2dn2pqz

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
Eagle Est1986 said:
AngelicSven said:
Firefly.
Castle.
Halo ODST.
Nathan Drake.

I'm done.
He's not Nathan Drake. Not yet at least and I'm hoping never.
Even though he'd be awesome for the role?

OT: The guy is awesome.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
Puddle Jumper said:
Nathan really is ruggedly handsome, isn't he?
I see what you did thar ... and I found it really funny.

OT: Asking why we love Nathan Fillion is like asking why Australians are apathetic to the hundreds of life-ending viscous animals waiting three feet away in every direction: that's just the way the universe is, granting Australians partial immunity from death and Nathan Fillion the love of our geek/nerd community.

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
My feelings towards Fillion? Let me put it this way: I'm not gay, but Fillion is on a very short list of men for which I may be persuaded to be "open-minded" with.

Oct 14, 2010
I first realized there was something about Fillion when I started watching Castle. I had completely missed Firefly, Buffy and other work of his from the past. Once I knew who he was, though, it was hard to go on the internet without recognizing that he was in all this other stuff, too. It's all good and I'm glad people enjoy it, but Castle is definitely my favorite part of the guy's repertoire.

The thing I think attracts people to him is he's not afraid to act dorky. There's a ground-level honesty about him that makes all the previously-stated stories about his approachability feel valid.