Why doesn't it exist yet?

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
Canid117 said:
ThatLankyBastard said:
Furries
Why they should exist-Because they are awesome
Why they don't exist-Because secret, global, genetic modification is apparently frowned upon in most countries...
Simply put "because we wanna fuck em" is not sufficient reason to make cat people using tax dollars. If you can self fund the project go nuts.
What an odd thing to say. I know there are creepy fetishists out there who want to have sex with animal people and aliens and all sorts of weird things, but you can't assume that is the only reason why someone would want those weird things around. As a fantasy and sci-fi enthusiast, I think it would be pretty awesome if there different species on earth, not just different cultures. I think it would cool if there was wargons and stuff walking around.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Cybernectic enhancements
Why? Because they are faster than evolution ever was and are frankly awesome!
Why not? Testing would be classed as unethical...

no space

Dec 30, 2010
Nile McMorrow said:
Cybernectic enhancements
Why? Because they are faster than evolution ever was and are frankly awesome!
Why not? Testing would be classed as unethical...
But then what happens when the implants become obsolete a year and a half after you get them? All those people walking around with outdated modified brains, and potentially no way of upgrading. Tools, yes, but cybernetic enhancement? Probably not.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
AccursedTheory said:
Sn1P3r M98 said:
Raven said:
Why isn't there a digital camera that can use a carrier signal/wi-fi to upload shots directly to a computer immediately after they are taken...

No more running out of space, no more losing precious memories when the camera is lost/stolen...

Actually, £20 says this'll happen in the next 3 years...
There is. Well, it's an SD card actually. I got my mom one from Costco for Christmas, she's into photography.
I ninja'd you..

New idea: invisible smoking hood. So I can smoke ANYWHERE.

RatRace123 said:
Commercially available jetpacks, and not the kind that sorta fart you around with pressurized gas but the kind that do it with flames. Ignore the fact that horrible horrible ass burns would be commonplace, that'd just be cool.

And sexbots, we have sexbots now, but where are the ones that aren't really creepy?
There's a type of sexbot that ISN'T creepy?
No. [http://www.smbc-theater.com/?id=212]

I'd like to see fully-integratable organs - no more of this rejection of foreign objects crap. Grow us some new arms, man! Either that, or replaceable spines. I think a lot of important and useful things could be done with better genetics.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
FlashHero said:
stone0042 said:
Sightless Wisdom said:
http://www.wolframalpha.com/ Is what you're looking for.
Good lord, that is amazing. If I could only figure out a way to get that onto a graphing calculator, my AP exam would be cake
There is..mod you caculator to have a 3G wireless interface with a fire-foxlite os to use the website :3. Hey wait thats another one.

Where is my fire-fox OS?
that would be Ubuntu/Kubuntu Linux. Fire Fox,Open office and Thunderbird where originaly developed for Linux type OS,s

LandoCristo

Apr 2, 2010
stone0042 said:
Sightless Wisdom said:
http://www.wolframalpha.com/ Is what you're looking for.
Good lord, that is amazing. If I could only figure out a way to get that onto a graphing calculator, my AP exam would be cake
And the cool part is that my AP calc teacher is cool with us using it to help with homework problems. I love that thing more than any living being.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
A single player sandbox custom power super hero game. I hear something like this might be coming out eventually- Some sort of X-men thing, anyone know more?

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
TheYellowCellPhone said:
A Chuck Norris joke app on the App Store.

It's weird, I know there are several for the Android store, but that's something I thought app developers would jump at.

...Don't judge me.
1) Create a Chuck Norris App

2) Place on App Store

3)????

4) Profit

Although, I don't even think the third step is necessary.

Arsonade

Feb 3, 2011
I used to think teleporters, but to be honest, once that went big, we would loose so many infrastructure jobs we'd be dead in the water...still, to deny teleporters on the basis of fiscal responsibility is probably a sign of not having a soul or something.

as for me, I think I'd have to say a good remake of Wing Commander: Privateer, it was an old PC game that was very much sandbox, kind of like elite with better graphics and gameplay. The game came with a flight manual FFS, it was awesome. Bring back open world (or galaxy) space sims I say!

Also more efficient and less costly garbage to energy programs, like this [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_arc_waste_disposal] for instance.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Leemaster777 said:
Singularly Datarific said:
I want my holograms, dammit!
SHAZAM!

It's really more of a glass projection >.>

From the EyeToy to Kinect a good comaparison is the Gorillaz Clint Eastwood Brit Pop Awards performance. Not too sure on how it works but I'm sure that's accurate. Don't get me wrong, I love Vocaloid and especially Hatsune Miku.

Ben Agar said:
Composer said:
The necronomicon
an actual one
Wasn't sure what to say when reading through this thread but you just gave me mine
Choosing the right one would be an ass! I guess you should just hire Bruce Campbell...

Leemaster777 said:
Not into the Japanese scene? How about something alittle more... british?

Holograms in this thread has now come full circle. Good to see someone else knows about it >.>

I demand Alien Contact! Arthur C. Clarke is disappoint...

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
I have a list:
Jet Packs
Jet Packs
Jet Packs
Jet Packs
Jet Packs
Jet Packs
Jet Packs
Jet Packs
Jet Packs
Jet Packs
Jet Packs
Jet Packs
Jet Packs
Jet Packs
Jet Packs
Jet Packs
Jet Packs

Yes, I know there is an existing Jet Pack, it just isn't as completely awesome as it could be, and a bit too expensive as well.
We need Jet Packs that conserve energy, are generally compact, and easy to accquire.

michael_ab

Jun 22, 2009
theonlyblaze2 said:
Leemaster777 said:
theonlyblaze2 said:
Leemaster777 said:
Singularly Datarific said:
I want my holograms, dammit!
SHAZAM!

That if flippin' amazing! How do they do that?
It's not that complicated. (well, okay, it IS, but the basic principal is simple)

That bright light you see in the backround in the projector. It's projecting the image of the girl onto a nearly-invisible sheet of special glass, in front of the audience.

Her voice is a "vocaloid", a computer program that takes sound bites from a real person, and uses that to let the programmer make any sound that the person could. This is usually used to make words, and in this case, sing.
So it isn't 3 Demensional? It is just projected onto glass? I thought you could walk around it and see it from all sides like a hologram out of Star Wars.
you can, this one anyway. it will not acknowledge your existance, you cannot make physical contact with it, nor pass through it. this one i think is in fact a spinning mirror or glass. we have a number of holograms in testing, and almost all of them allow 360 degree viewing (that is what defines it as a hologram as opposed to a projection) i just cant really tell which one this is

and heres my contribution. fucking wormholes. we have a big ass ring that smashes protons together, possibly making a black hole. all it would take is some tweaks to make a wormhole. admittidly they are a tad more theoretical than black holes, but you get my point

Dott

Oct 27, 2009
A portable gatling weapon system.
Though I suppose that would be a tad bit heavy.

Or an actual laser gun.
But that doesn't exist yet, presumably because the American scientists are a bunch of slow and fat bastards.

How about an actual mecha used for war and the alike?
Then again, those legs would require one hell of a lot of maintenance, and would be a much too easy way to bring the thing down. Just blast a joint.