Why Homosexuality Should be Banned

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
I feel so bad for laughing at that but I did and I'll get over it soon enough. Clever troll is clever

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
Made me think of this:

I do think that too many people take the sarcastic approach to this issue. Yeah, it works at exposing the blatant hypocrisy in most anti-gay arguements, but it doesn't convey the arguement very maturely.

Vonnis

Feb 18, 2011
Kind of amusing, but the fact this is still an issue is bloody retarded. It's like watching satire from the '50s, except a lot more depressing.

Vault Girl

Apr 17, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhaXh1UY7-4

We studied this video as part of our Ethics and Philosophy class about sexual ethics, it pretty much highlights the misconceptions and tokenism applied to homosexuality.

plus its frikkin hilarious

FireCoroner

Jun 28, 2010
Baradiel said:
Also, I could point out that the Bible condones slavery itself (Thank you @Ankarathefallen)
That may be true, but do you really think a 2000 year old book which claims that:
A) menstruating women should be shunned(leviticus15:19)
and
B) men who have their testes cut off or crushed shall be denied entry to the kingdom of heaven(Deuteronomy 23:1)
...is a good reference point?

You'd be better off following the Beano.

Vault Girl

Apr 17, 2010
TheSniperFan said:
Looks like someone likes to sound intelligent. Let's split it up:

James Joseph Emerald said:
Dictionary, define: unnatural.
un·nat·u·ral/ˌənˈnaCH(ə)rəl/Adjective
1. Contrary to the ordinary course of nature; abnormal.
2. Not existing in nature; artificial.
Not even nature is perfect. Diseases aren't the way it "should" be and for homosexually (the human one - Animals are irrelevant here) the same counts. Therefore both of them are "unnatural".
Note: This is the definition YOU gave ME.
James Joseph Emerald said:
So what you're saying, Wiki, is that once homosexuality is accepted by society, it becomes natural?
Let me do it like you did:

Dictionary, define: nature.
na·ture /ˈneɪtʃər/
"the natural world as it exists without human beings or civilization."
or
"in an uncivilized or uncultured condition."

So what does it mean in this context?
That it is irrelevant what society thought, thinks or will ever think, as we aren't talking about how the human being/the society changes the world, but how it "should" be. The human can't change nature.
Wow, we're going offtopic here...

Homosexuality is quite common in the natural world in many other species, why should humanity be any different?

AnkaraTheFallen

May contain a lot of Irn Bru
Apr 11, 2011
FireCoroner said:
Baradiel said:
Also, I could point out that the Bible condones slavery itself (Thank you @Ankarathefallen)
That may be true, but do you really think a 2000 year old book which claims that:
and
B) men who have their testes cut off or crushed shall be denied entry to the kingdom of heaven(Deuteronomy 23:1)

If you read the whole conversation, you'd see he was saying as a way to show that the bible, as well as other sources, makes rediculace claims, and are quite hypocritical at times, he wasn't being serious and saying slavery should be allowed because a book says so.

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
FireCoroner said:
Baradiel said:
and

That was my point. If someone was using the Bible as a point to argue against homosexuality, I could draw from the Old Testament to counter.

FireCoroner

Jun 28, 2010
Vonnis said:
Kind of amusing, but the fact this is still an issue is bloody retarded. It's like watching satire from the '50s, except a lot more depressing.
"Know your neighbourhood homosexual fiends"
You can easily recognise them by:
A) Handlebar Moustache
B) Arseless Chaps
C) Creme Menthe in a martini glass
D) General Mincing

"If you should encounter a homosexual or think you may be a homosexual for goodness sakes contact a priest immediately!"
"He'll know what to do!"

This 1950's satirical message is brought to you by Murphy's Laudinum.
"Kiss that Headache Goodbye!"

gillebro

Nov 13, 2009
I liked it. He's not saying anything new, but still, some people seem do need to be reminded, again and again and again, don't they?

Actually, something else I'd like to add. I've noticed some talk about homosexuality being "unnatural". It's an interesting point of discussion. If you want to look at it from a purely objective standpoint, there are arguments for both sides of the argument.

There are arguments that people are born gay. OK, well, you can't really get more "unnatural" than that, so maybe another argument is that it's something of a defect in nature, like being left-handed or having heterochromia, or whatever else people are born with that some dub "unnatural". It's difficult to claim that nature is perfect, because it certainly is not. Defects, abnormalities, whatever you want to call them, happen all the time in nature. In my opinion, that's an amazing thing.

There's another argument that homosexuality happens as a result of upbringing. By that I mean, something unfortunate happens in their upbringing that affects them mentally, and some or all of that affect is that you become gay. In that sense you could say that it is unnatural, and the result of some event or events that probably should not have happened. To that my argument would be that these things happen, and it's unfortunate, but punishing people for being the way that they are, for things that they couldn't control that happened in their past? That strikes me as very low.

The thing is, though, that the "unnaturalness" of homosexuality should not even be an issue. Whatever the reason for people being gay, the fact is that they are gay, but they are also, y'know, PEOPLE, and deserve to have exactly the same rights as anyone else. This applies to all minority groups. Whatever the circumstances of your minority status (your "defect", your "abnormality", whatever it is) you deserve the same rights and privileges as anybody else.

That's my two cents.

FireCoroner

Jun 28, 2010
Baradiel said:
FireCoroner said:
Baradiel said:
and

That was my point. If someone was using the Bible as a point to argue against homosexuality, I could draw from the Old Testament to counter.
Aye, I was agreeing with you.
I was just trying to add to the point you just made.
At least I thought I was.
It's just a little difficult to convey expression in a written message.
Also, I refuse to use bracketed signals such as: (sarcasm)
Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Vault Girl

Apr 17, 2010
TheSniperFan said:
Vault Girl said:
Homosexuality is quite common in the natural world in many other species, why should humanity be any different?
Because we're talking about gay rights here, so animals have nothing to do in this discussion. That's like saying: It's unnatural for the human being to fly. And then someone comes up with: "But, birds...".
Anyway, I'm not going to reply in this topic anymore, as it would be a shame for it to end up as flamewar.

The condescending attitude doesn't help your cause. Your suggesting, as you did to Snowy Rainbow that the only reason people do what we do is because of emotions. I've seen Equilibrium and since your saying it's evidence of emotions going out of control then your solution to the problem is we either stop feeling all together or just put humanity out of its misery right now. that's a very black and white and nihilistic point don't you think? I'm not saying your view is wrong, your just not giving a logical base for it.

While that was getting off topic, Just by saying Homosexuality may be, in terms of a natural law philosophy, be technically unnatural. But there is nothing to suggest that it's wrong. getting in to semantics just makes the debate lose most of its meaning

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
FireCoroner said:
Baradiel said:
FireCoroner said:
Baradiel said:
and

Aye, I was agreeing with you.
I was just trying to add to the point you just made.
At least I thought I was.
It's just a little difficult to convey expression in a written message.
Also, I refuse to use bracketed signals such as: (sarcasm)
Sorry for any misunderstanding.
Ah, ok. Thats fine, mate.

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
Snowy Rainbow said:
dvd_72 said:
At first I thought it was a troll, then I watched the video and smiled. :p
I got a smile and a chuckle out of it too. ^^

Terminalchaos said:
Well articulated. I'm surprised I haven't seent his before. I love the bit about America being a theocracy. That almost rings true seeing that it wasn't until recently that Wiccan soldiers had their religion recognized or were allowed to have a pentacle on their gravestones after dying for their country.
I don't know much about the Wiccan religion. From what I've seen it's centered around the idea that there is a female spirit type being (a mother) that created or is a large part of the universe -- almost druidic in nature. Seems like a religion to me. A religion based on love and, again with my little knowledge on the issue, one that is accepting of everyone. Kinda like a more theistic spiritualism and Buddhism, I think. Oh, and they believe in a sort of magic.

Why would anyone not wish to recognize that belief system as a religion?
cause it's not americanism, you know the one with jesus. it started here in america. and since it isn't americanism, it's not the correct religion, thus it isn't one since it's not right

Slash Joel

Apr 7, 2011
Forget the gay issue this instant oatmeal is the real problem!

But seriously the only i can think of why gays should not be allowed is it can be argued that it is a evolutionary taboo just like reproducing with a close relative.
An evolutionary taboo is a behavior bred into us so we dont do something to indanger ourselves or our children. Children of closely related parents have way higher chance for a genetic disease so it is within our genes to avoid that behavior of course there are those that ignore that and do it anyway. As for gays there is alot of resistance but i do not know if thats stupid haters just like racists or if there is some sort of long term consequences for the act.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Oooh god damn it! i was ready to call in an Exterminatus on this thread... (you know, just to be sure...)

Funny video...i would post a related video to do with Giraffes (after seeing a few posts saying that being gay is un-natural) but i think i would get banned...