Why Homosexuality Should be Banned

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
Tentickles said:
thewiseoldguy said:
A sad thing for me, about me, is that, even though i don't have anything against homosexuals, i wouldn't want my children to become it, i think it's got something to do with not getting any grandchildren.

I really hate myselef for thinking that..
It sounds more like you want to save your offspring from the emotional abuse of others (if they turned out to be gay.) and honestly if I had children it would be easier if they were straight then I wouldnt have to watch them learn first hand about the cruelty of others.
Ugh. How sad is the world when people wish their kids to be a certain way so others won't hurt them... And this is the developed Western World - imagine what it's like to be gay in some parts of the world.

People can be so incredibly evil.

TheHighDino

May 1, 2011
Broken Boy said:
TheHighDino said:
Why do people make such a big deal out of people being Gay? I really don't get how its wrong..? a man likes a man... so what..? I mean I'm only 14 so I don't know all the details but I seriously don't get this. I also don't get why Americans can be so against it...
(I'm not trying to piss anyone off so sorry if I did)
It's not that we are trying to make a big deal out of just being gay. It's about our rights we just want the same rights as straight people get that's all.

Women fought for their rights a civil war was fought for black rights, well sorta it took time but both of those groups have them. It's our time to be treated like everyone else.

And no you didn't piss anyone off at least not me asking questions is how people learn & grow. ; )
Yeah I understand that they want the same rights and of course they should have them, its not like they are doing anything wrong I just meant, I don't get why people say its so wrong and why people make such a big fuss over it. Thanks though. :)

Tentickles

Oct 24, 2010
TheSniperFan said:
Tentickles said:
"Gays dont deserve rights because they are unnatural." sounds an awful lot like:
"Blacks dont deserve rights because they are not White."
Ouch....so....much....fail.....hurts....brain.
No, really. The main difference is that one is evil but SOMEWHAT* true and the other one is just evil, racist,....call it how you want. The problem is being objective, and in the "gay-rights-discussion" most people certainly aren't. The outcome is as objective as if you'd ask a Jew about his opinion on Hitler in the 40's.

*Not offending, but if you think I'm trolling - go inform yourself a fair bit.
I get what youre saying and understand youre not trolling.
In my world view all people have certain unalienable rights.
Any attempt to prevent these rights from anyone, imho, is a failing of society. There are degree's of this failing. IE your mention of Hitler and racism but I believe Homophobia to the point of violence is up there with the a fore mentioned failings.

Tentickles

Oct 24, 2010
Snowy Rainbow said:
Ugh. How sad is the world when people wish their kids to be a certain way so others won't hurt them... And this is the developed Western World - imagine what it's like to be gay in some parts of the world.

Are you referring as him and I as evil or the hypothetical mean people as evil?
Wanting to save your offspring from harm is biologically hard written into all species.

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
Tentickles said:
Snowy Rainbow said:

Wanting to save your offspring from harm is biologically hard written into all species.
The situation, not the possible parent; the fact that we live in a world where someone has to worry about their kid's sexuality 'cause it could get them bullied, beaten and murdered.

MetroidNut

Sep 2, 2009
I'm glad somebody finally understands that in America, we have the right to restrict others' rights!

But seriously, it's a little amusing (and worrying) how many people don't get the joke. Just like it's a little amusing (and worrying) that there is a debate over gay rights...I thought the western world finally got past "discriminate against everyone who's slightly different" in the twentieth century. Guess I was being too idealistic.

AnkaraTheFallen

May contain a lot of Irn Bru
Apr 11, 2011
vamp rocks said:
Snipped for length
I am very sorry to hear about you and your flatmate.

I do agree with you, like I said I do plan on telling my parents and friends when I'm able to support myself. Currently however, all my friends know my parents and are all catholic as well, my main worry is that telling them, they'll tell parents before I'm ready to tell them.

And I am going to university soon where I will happily be able to be myself as I know anyone there is likely to not really care and any who do I can just ignore.

And thank you for the support and advice.

Tentickles

Oct 24, 2010
Snowy Rainbow said:
Tentickles said:
Snowy Rainbow said:

The situation, not the possible parent; the fact that we live in a world where someone has to worry about their kid's sexuality 'cause it could get them bullied, beaten and murdered.
Cool thanks for pointing that out, your wording confused me slightly. <3

TheSniperFan said:
Tentickles said:
I get what youre saying and understand youre not trolling.
In my world view all people have certain unalienable rights.
Any attempt to prevent these rights from anyone, imho, is a failing of society. There are degree's of this failing. IE your mention of Hitler and racism but I believe Homophobia to the point of violence is up there with the a fore mentioned failings.
Yeah, and it's f*****g good that you think that way. Seriously, more people should. Anyway, your example was a bit of an overkill and that's what I tried to say. And, you are perfectly right when you say that society fails.
Thank you for the compliment.

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
MetroidNut said:
I'm glad somebody finally understands that in America, we have the right to restrict others' rights!

But seriously, it's a little amusing (and worrying) how many people don't get the joke. Just like it's a little amusing (and worrying) that there is a debate over gay rights...I thought the western world finally got past "discriminate against everyone who's slightly different" in the twentieth century. Guess I was being too idealistic.
It's very sad, isn't it. People are still made to feel like absolute shit, beaten and murdered for something they have no control over and something that doesn't hurt anyone.

:(

Broken Boy

Apr 10, 2010
TheHighDino said:
Broken Boy said:
TheHighDino said:
Why do people make such a big deal out of people being Gay? I really don't get how its wrong..? a man likes a man... so what..? I mean I'm only 14 so I don't know all the details but I seriously don't get this. I also don't get why Americans can be so against it...
(I'm not trying to piss anyone off so sorry if I did)
It's not that we are trying to make a big deal out of just being gay. It's about our rights we just want the same rights as straight people get that's all.

Women fought for their rights a civil war was fought for black rights, well sorta it took time but both of those groups have them. It's our time to be treated like everyone else.

And no you didn't piss anyone off at least not me asking questions is how people learn & grow. ; )
Yeah I understand that they want the same rights and of course they should have them, its not like they are doing anything wrong I just meant, I don't get why people say its so wrong and why people make such a big fuss over it. Thanks though. :)
My bad I have been up for a long time running on fumes right now & I didn't think you post all the way through before posting.

But you have a good question that I wish I could answer but I have not a clue why it has to be such a big deal. I can't wrap my mind around it.

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
banning instant oat meall? count me in!!!
and OT yea he does a great sarcastic role and remember what is popular is always right!!!

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Never saw this video before. I thought it was hilarious and makes some excellent points.

The sheer logical fallacies of those who hate against GLBT have always baffled me. How can people ignore so much reason just to hate on others? Either that, or their extremely uninformed, which is frustrating considering this is the kind of thing people should know about in this day and age.

Tentickles

Oct 24, 2010
AnkaraTheFallen said:
vamp rocks said:
Snipped for length
I am very sorry to hear about you and your flatmate.

I do agree with you, like I said I do plan on telling my parents and friends when I'm able to support myself. Currently however, all my friends know my parents and are all catholic as well, my main worry is that telling them, they'll tell parents before I'm ready to tell them.

And I am going to university soon where I will happily be able to be myself as I know anyone there is likely to not really care and any who do I can just ignore.

And thank you for the support and advice.
I did not read your original post telling of your situation but it is of my opinion that if your friends can not accept who you are then they are not worthy of being your friends.
(Also be aware that after high school you will lose contact with 95% of your high school friends. And dont give me that "Oh this wont happen to me we are like family" thing. I have 3 siblings, all in their 20s and all 4 of us only have 1-3 friends we still talk to from high school.)

What I am trying to say is that, stick to the friends who accept you for who you are because they will be the ones who will be your friends for decades.

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
TheSniperFan said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
You'd better stop worrying about this, because it will never change. We ARE like this. Not saying that I find it right, because I certainly don't think that it is.
I don't think we have to be this way. Just like we no longer burn witches at the stake, I believe we as a people can move beyond discrimination of this sort.

idodo35 said:
banning instant oat meall? count me in!!!
and OT yea he does a great sarcastic role and remember what is popular is always right!!!
Always!

Innegativeion said:
Never saw this video before. I thought it was hilarious and makes some excellent points.

The sheer logical fallacies of those who hate against GLBT have always baffled me. How can people ignore so much reason just to hate on others? Either that, or their extremely uninformed, which is frustrating considering this is the kind of thing people should know about in this day and age.
Glad you found it so funny :D