Why Homosexuality Should be Banned

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
Nerfherder17 said:
Snowy Rainbow said:

I found this video and thought I'd share. Pretty old now, but I've only seen it today.

What do you think?

I thought it was great. The (sarcastic) points were pretty funny and actually hold up nicely as counterpoints to a lot of anti-homosexuality arguments. The editing was a tad annoying, but whatever.
I hope you're not serious, the video seems more of a sarcastic joke. Or the guy's a total idiot. Anyway its not a disease, and its not a choice, its just a personality trait (trait not defect!) that occur in anyone. So banning it would be like banning relationships between black or white people.

And the last thing this planet needs is more children. I'm not saying don't have kids if you want them, but this world is overpopulated, and sodomy might just be the thing that saves this race.

If you are a true patriot, and want to do something heroic for your country, suck a dick!
You should probably go back to school because you clearly haven't learned what verbal irony is, or how to identify it.

If someone makes a point, and then presents an argument for it that makes an opposite point, and does so repeated, chances are you are watching satire.

Satire is used in many ways, and in this particular instance, is used to undermine the points raised by the anti-homosexual agenda in America. He makes one of the anti-homosexual points, then presents reasoning that displays contempt for that point, mocking the anti-homosexual agenda.

By coming in and starting to go 'This guy is an idiot!' about what he's saying, and then going on a pro-homosexual rant just shows that you didn't not actually hear what he was saying. You should not speak up to criticize things you do not understand.

AnkaraTheFallen

May contain a lot of Irn Bru
Apr 11, 2011
Tentickles said:
AnkaraTheFallen said:
vamp rocks said:
Snipped for length
I am very sorry to hear about you and your flatmate.

I do agree with you, like I said I do plan on telling my parents and friends when I'm able to support myself. Currently however, all my friends know my parents and are all catholic as well, my main worry is that telling them, they'll tell parents before I'm ready to tell them.

And I am going to university soon where I will happily be able to be myself as I know anyone there is likely to not really care and any who do I can just ignore.

And thank you for the support and advice.
I did not read your original post telling of your situation but it is of my opinion that if your friends can not accept who you are then they are not worthy of being your friends.
(Also be aware that after high school you will lose contact with 95% of your high school friends. And dont give me that "Oh this wont happen to me we are like family" thing. I have 3 siblings, all in their 20s and all 4 of us only have 1-3 friends we still talk to from high school.)

What I am trying to say is that, stick to the friends who accept you for who you are because they will be the ones who will be your friends for decades.
Yeah I understand that, but despite that they might not accept me, they are still good friends to me and we have a lot of fun together. However, it's not losing them as friends I'm worried about, it's that by telling them my parents will find out.

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
AnkaraTheFallen said:
Tentickles said:
AnkaraTheFallen said:
vamp rocks said:
Snipped for length

I do agree with you, like I said I do plan on telling my parents and friends when I'm able to support myself. Currently however, all my friends know my parents and are all catholic as well, my main worry is that telling them, they'll tell parents before I'm ready to tell them.

And I am going to university soon where I will happily be able to be myself as I know anyone there is likely to not really care and any who do I can just ignore.

I did not read your original post telling of your situation but it is of my opinion that if your friends can not accept who you are then they are not worthy of being your friends.
(Also be aware that after high school you will lose contact with 95% of your high school friends. And dont give me that "Oh this wont happen to me we are like family" thing. I have 3 siblings, all in their 20s and all 4 of us only have 1-3 friends we still talk to from high school.)

What I am trying to say is that, stick to the friends who accept you for who you are because they will be the ones who will be your friends for decades.
Yeah I understand that, but despite that they might not accept me, they are still good friends to me and we have a lot of fun together. However, it's not losing them as friends I'm worried about, it's that by telling them my parents will find out.
Your girlfriend must feel like an utter godsend. It's awesome you have someone <3

AnkaraTheFallen

Apr 11, 2011
Snowy Rainbow said:
AnkaraTheFallen said:
Tentickles said:
AnkaraTheFallen said:
vamp rocks said:
Snipped for length

Your girlfriend must feel like an utter godsend. It's awesome you have someone <3
She is, and I'm very lucky to have her. :)

Tentickles

Oct 24, 2010
AnkaraTheFallen said:
Ever thought about seeing if your friends join a conversation about LGBT and just sitting back and seeing what their opinions are?

AnkaraTheFallen

Apr 11, 2011
Tentickles said:
AnkaraTheFallen said:
Ever thought about seeing if your friends join a conversation about LGBT and just sitting back and seeing what their opinions are?
They're all from the same catholic school I went to, and the majority of them seem to be the same as I used to be, if you read my previous posts (page 8 I think). Some would probably be fine with it, but again, it's the worry that my parents will hear that stops me.

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
AnkaraTheFallen said:
She is, and I'm very lucky to have her. :)
D'awwww. I'm all full of mushy goo now. People being in love makes me so happy ^___^

TheSniperFan said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
I don't think we have to be this way. Just like we no longer burn witches at the stake, I believe we as a people can move beyond discrimination of this sort.
The only way to stop the human from being bad, is to end it with a big bang. Really, people often that humans aren't "pure". Neither evil, nor good. There will always be war, hate, discrimination,...as long as people have a mind of their own. Do you know the movie "Equilibrium"? If no, you'd better watch it, because it shows my standpoint pretty nice. In short: As long as there are feelings, people will hate.
"I believe that we as people can move beyond discrimination of this sort."
Why don't you say:
"I believe that the majority of people can move beyond discrimination of this sort"?
I'd like to believe we can move beyond it though. It seems impossible now, but given time and love, who knows?

Tentickles

Oct 24, 2010
TheSniperFan said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
I don't think we have to be this way. Just like we no longer burn witches at the stake, I believe we as a people can move beyond discrimination of this sort.
The only way to stop the human from being bad, is to end it with a big bang. Really, people often that humans aren't "pure". Neither evil, nor good. There will always be war, hate, discrimination,...as long as people have a mind of their own. Do you know the movie "Equilibrium"? If no, you'd better watch it, because it shows my standpoint pretty nice. In short: As long as there are feelings, people will hate.
"I believe that we as people can move beyond discrimination of this sort."
Why don't you say:
"I believe that the majority of people can move beyond discrimination of this sort"?
Human change is an utterly slow process. It has been speeding up with the advent of technology but it will still take decades before the issues of today's generation will be accepted.
Example: the Women's rights movement, it's been nearly 100 years since that started and women are still fighting against discrimination and lower paying jobs (just because they are women!)

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
TheSniperFan said:
Tentickles said:
"Gays dont deserve rights because they are unnatural." sounds an awful lot like:
"Blacks dont deserve rights because they are not White."
Ouch....so....much....fail.....hurts....brain.
No, really. The main difference is that one is evil but SOMEWHAT* true and the other one is just evil, racist,....call it how you want. The problem is being objective, and in the "gay-rights-discussion" most people certainly aren't. The outcome is as objective as if you'd ask a Jew about his opinion on Hitler in the 40's.

*Not offending, but if you think I'm trolling - go inform yourself a fair bit.
there's virtually no difference, because neither statement is even remotely true.

I'd like to think i'm quite well-informed on the subject already. <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals>Homosexual behavior occurs in nature.

People may not be objective, but arguments sure can be. Hitler WAS objectively bad. So is racism, and so is homophobia today.

Jun 16, 2010
TheSniperFan said:
Tentickles said:
"Gays dont deserve rights because they are unnatural." sounds an awful lot like:
No, really. The main difference is that one is evil but SOMEWHAT* true

Dictionary, define: unnatural.
un·nat·u·ral/&#716;&#601;n&#712;naCH(&#601;)r&#601;l/Adjective
1. Contrary to the ordinary course of nature; abnormal.
2. Not existing in nature; artificial.

Thank you, dictionary. Hm, guess I need to inform myself a little more...

Wiki.

Wiki: Yes, master?

What do you know about the nature of homosexuality?

Wiki: When it was first described in medical literature, homosexuality was often approached from a view that sought to find an inherent psychopathology as its root cause. Much literature on mental health and homosexual patients centered on their depression, substance abuse, and suicide. Although these issues exist among people who are non-heterosexual, discussion about their causes shifted after homosexuality was removed from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM) in 1973. Stigma, prejudice, and discrimination stemming from negative societal attitudes toward homosexuality lead to a higher prevalence of mental health disorders among lesbians, gay men, and bisexuals compared to their heterosexual peers.[109] Evidence indicates that the liberalization of these attitudes over the past few decades is associated with a decrease in such mental health risks among younger LGBT people.

So what you're saying, Wiki, is that once homosexuality is accepted by society, it becomes natural?

Wiki: That's what the evidence, suggests, yes.

Thank you. That will be all.

The Lawn

Apr 11, 2008
Yeah yeah, let homosexuals get married. Life, liberty, pursuit of happiness and all that jazz.

But one super important point this video touches on is the weirdness of instant oatmeal.
I mean, you pour a little packet of flat oaty things into a bowl, add water, and after a couple seconds in the microwave. BAM! Food.
What kind of witchcraft is this? I went from a totally unappealing bowl of soggy oaty things to a delicious flavored bowl of warm breakfast goodness.
This kind of wizardry must be stopped, so I say we stop banning people from being happy and doing their own thing and start focusing on the instant oatmeal menace.

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
cobra_ky said:
TheSniperFan said:
Tentickles said:
No, really. The main difference is that one is evil but SOMEWHAT* true and the other one is just evil, racist,....call it how you want. The problem is being objective, and in the "gay-rights-discussion" most people certainly aren't. The outcome is as objective as if you'd ask a Jew about his opinion on Hitler in the 40's.

there's virtually no difference, because neither statement is even remotely true.

I'd like to think i'm quite well-informed on the subject already. <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals>Homosexual behavior occurs in nature.

People may not be objective, but arguments sure can be. Hitler WAS objectively bad. So is racism, and so is homophobia today.
Well, bad is subjective in nature, so Hitler wasn't objectively anything. I think something like 90% of the world sees him as evil (possibly the most evil man ever) but that is an opinion -- one I agree with.

Terms like good, bad, evil, funny and nice are all subjective opinions; what one person thinks is funny another may find boring and mundane. Neither of them are right or wrong.

Tentickles

Oct 24, 2010
AnkaraTheFallen said:
They're all from the same catholic school I went to, and the majority of them seem to be the same as I used to be, if you read my previous posts (page 8 I think). Some would probably be fine with it, but again, it's the worry that my parents will hear that stops me.
It might sound horrible but after University if your family still has the same opinion when you tell them it might be best to just cut your losses. They will still be your family.

But hearing those things from family members often hurts more than any physical attack ever could.

Tentickles

Oct 24, 2010
The Lawn said:
Yeah yeah, let homosexuals get married. Life, liberty, pursuit of happiness and all that jazz.

But one super important point this video touches on is the weirdness of instant oatmeal.
I mean, you pour a little packet of flat oaty things into a bowl, add water, and after a couple seconds in the microwave. BAM! Food.
What kind of witchcraft is this? I went from a totally unappealing bowl of soggy oaty things to a delicious flavored bowl of warm breakfast goodness.
This kind of wizardry must be stopped, so I say we stop banning people from being happy and doing their own thing and start focusing on the instant oatmeal menace.
I agree with this statement 100%

The Lawn for president!

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
The Lawn said:

*rolls on floor laughing*

Awesome post. Thanks for the laugh!

AnkaraTheFallen

Apr 11, 2011
Tentickles said:
AnkaraTheFallen said:
It might sound horrible but after University if your family still has the same opinion when you tell them it might be best to just cut your losses. They will still be your family.

But hearing those things from family members often hurts more than any physical attack ever could.
I know, and I plan on telling them when I'm in university, or as I leave. As I said in a previous post, my GF says I can stay with her if I need. So I'm telling them as soon as I can support myself.

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
HalfTangible said:
Baradiel said:
ScourgeOfHell said:
You know, ive seen a lot of threads about homosexuality in these forums, and most if not all the posts defend it with an almost religious fervor. What is it with you people and gay rights, how can anyone defend that. Im sorry for being a "troll" or whatever, but seriously ppl.
You're so obviously trolling, and you will soon be banned, but in the meantime lets try and discuss your failings as a decent human being.

Its funny you describe standing for gay rights as being 'almost religious', which I think is ironic and slightly insulting to the cause. Gay Rights uses scientific, medical and social evidence to promote equality and understanding, while religion uses fear, ignorance and hatred to install feelings of loyalty to an imaginary being, often with the promise of eternal happiness, in exchange for your free will and worldly possessions.

So, yeah... Grow a pair.
And i find it ironic you treat an entire group (religion) as complete garbage... because you have seen some of them treat a different group (homosexuals) like garbage.

Personally I am against two things homosexual (Gay pride and marriage - The latter on principle, and the former because pride in something you're trying to tell me is irrelevant to your character makes absolutely zero sense) but i am not against homosexuals themselves.

If you're against the religious reasons for denouncing homosexuality, fine. My pride in my savior can take the hit. But don't you fucking DARE tell me that my entire group is idiotic garbage because of something a single troll on an internet forum said.
Firstly, I'll accept that I fell for the troll. I was angry, and I generalised. I'd just like to say I don't consider religion to be complete garbage, some basic principals are worth upholding.

The gay pride thing I've already tried to explain to people, in that it isn't just about being proud in your sexuality, its a way of showing a united front against those who would try and persecute and harm them if they were separate.

My reasons for my anti-religion are many and far reaching, with the way major religions treat homosexuals being just one, and its not just because of that one troll. Religion has its good points, such as making people feel accepted and secure (heh, kinda like a gay pride march, really), but it also has many, many problems which I can't pass off. Don't get me wrong, I used to be religious, I have many friends who are religious, and we often have friendly, if heated, debates about the benefits and drawbacks of religion.

I won't lie. I look back on my religious upbringing and think "How the hell did I believe that nonsense?" and when people discuss how their saviour will deliver them, I sigh inwardly. I try not too, I honestly do, and I'm usually balanced and objective in everything I do. But I just think about how organised religion has fucked people over, both the people who are part of it and the people who aren't, and I just thank God (Beautiful irony, there) that I'm not one of them.

I'm sorry that you took offense at my post, but my stance on religion is not based on a single troll. Its based on my experiences and the knowledge I have learnt, and my personal opinion.