Why Homosexuality Should be Banned

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
There are a lot of these videos, all with pretty much the same points, also there is this really funny thing similiar but not the same as that made by a load of celebrities pro gay marriage, it had Lance Bass, Sarah Chalke, George Takei, i'll try and find it.
Ok heres the original video which is serious about banning gay marriage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp76ly2_NoI
and here's the HILARIOUS parody done by a load of celebrities
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnsG008ntYY

Broken Boy

Apr 10, 2010
Snowy Rainbow said:
Interesting. So very alien to me. I don't imagine it would be nice at all, so I'm glad you seem so happy despite your brain's messages. ^^

I don't think I'd call myself pansexual. If I had to describe my perfect partner, they would have the body of a female, the mind of a transgender female, and both genitals. So... yeah, I'm really damn weird XD
Well then we are both pretty damn weird then, you just described my perfect mate also. lol

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
I like this guy, he points out that most of the arguments against gays and gay marriage are all logical fallacies because those same rules don't apply to other people.

Pretty clever actually, using all the arguments people always use then sneaking in the blatant rebuttals that render it all moot, an effort of major social criticism with a political motivation at its heart, using humor as a means to mock and ridicule the group it opposes while actually making us think about it in relation to the broader political issue.

This, people at home, is satire.

Another great example is this 'Straya Day' video:

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
Baradiel said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
...and both genitals. So... yeah, I'm really damn weird XD
Hermaphrodites should inherit the earth. The pinnacle of evolution, really. Starfish do pretty well, and they aren't ever fully Herms.
Hermaphrodites are so extremely rare and are almost 100% of the time given surgery upon birth to "correct" the issue.

I won't even try to say that is wrong or to question the parent's choice. I've never been in that situation and I find it extremely understandable to want your baby to be normal and have the best chance at fitting in to society and feeling comfortable. But I do find it sad that gender roles and sexes are so important to us that this course of action is the "obvious" course of action.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Keep the title. If someone doesn't read the OP he deserves to get the piss taken out of him for knee-jerking.

The problem I have is that they're all sound, a priori arguments. I don't get how people disagree with pure reason, and these sound arguments can only be repeated, because they're correct.

Thundero13 said:
There are a lot of these videos, all with pretty much the same points, also there is this really funny thing similiar but not the same as that made by a load of celebrities pro gay marriage, it had Lance Bass, Sarah Chalke, George Takei, i'll try and find it.
Ok heres the original video which is serious about banning gay marriage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp76ly2_NoI
and here's the HILARIOUS parody done by a load of celebrities
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnsG008ntYY
It's called "It gets better" campaign, but a few of the people on it are clearly looking to further themselves and the message is a little odd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TiTWloRvjw

Gamblerjoe

Oct 25, 2010
If I'v never seen it, its new to me!

Based on the thread title, I thought it was going to be someone actually stating what they thought was wrong with homosexuality, or making a counterpoint. There are a lot of sarcastic titles on these forums, and most people here are liberal and tolerant, so this kind of thread is to be expected. I almost got a little excited to see some drama. (I kid, these forums entertain a lot of topics other forums do not, because of how much less drama intelligent tolerant people create.)

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
Broken Boy said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
Interesting. So very alien to me. I don't imagine it would be nice at all, so I'm glad you seem so happy despite your brain's messages. ^^

I don't think I'd call myself pansexual. If I had to describe my perfect partner, they would have the body of a female, the mind of a transgender female, and both genitals. So... yeah, I'm really damn weird XD
Well then we are both pretty damn weird then, you just described my perfect mate also. lol
It might well be completely shallow of me, but I say both genitals because the female anatomy is gorgeous to look at and the male anatomy I find very yummy XD

On a personal level, my ideal mate would be as gender flexible as me. Roleplay is such a big part of my mind that finding someone who has as fluid of a sexual mentality as me would be amazing. I can literally jump from wanting to roleplay as a young girl to wanting to be the master in a BDSM relationship at the drop of a hate, lol. Oddly, cross-dressing and the like never enters into it; it's all mental. I think that's because so little of my roleplay is sexual, actually. Most of the time I just want to behave certain ways with others... More for me to ponder!

Broken Boy

Apr 10, 2010
Snowy Rainbow said:
Baradiel said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
Hermaphrodites should inherit the earth. The pinnacle of evolution, really. Starfish do pretty well, and they aren't ever fully Herms.
Hermaphrodites are so extremely rare and are almost 100% of the time given surgery upon birth to "correct" the issue.

I won't even try to say that is wrong or to question the parent's choice. I've never been in that situation and I find it extremely understandable to want your baby to be normal and have the best chance at fitting in to society and feeling comfortable. But I do find it sad that gender roles and sexes are so important to us that this course of action is the "obvious" course of action.
I didn't want to bring it up but since the subject has come up I have thought often about how wonderful it would have been if I was born that way. But I am sure my Parents would have gone with surgery sad to say.

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
Snowy Rainbow said:
Baradiel said:
Snowy Rainbow said:

I know exactly what you mean. Hermaphrodites would just be "too weird" to survive in society. They'd end up on freakshows and such.

Evolution is fine and dandy until the current batch decide they're the best. Then, anything different is considered "wrong".

conflictofinterests

Apr 6, 2010
somonels said:
conflictofinterests said:
I think the point they were trying to get across is that people who accuse homosexuals of "flaunting" their homosexuality are actually accusing them of being open and honest about their sexuality, and that term does not apply in either homosexual or heterosexual cases.
So, are all who accuse homosexuals of disrespectful social behavior intolerant or homophobic?
Don't some homosexuals use intolerance and homophobia, or even the fear of accusal, as an excuse to act out[footnote]To express (unconscious impulses, for example) in an overt manner without conscious understanding or regard for social appropriateness.[/footnote]?
The term is very valid, people just don't read dictionaries anymore, using words they are only vaguely familiar.
I'm not excluding anything, I'm just trying to explain where the people you quoted were most likely coming from. The term may be valid, but is not applicable for the cases these people had in mind.

Broken Boy

Apr 10, 2010
Snowy Rainbow said:
Broken Boy said:
Snowy Rainbow said:

It might well be completely shallow of me, but I say both genitals because the female anatomy is gorgeous to look at and the male anatomy I find very yummy XD

On a personal level, my ideal mate would be as gender flexible as me. Roleplay is such a big part of my mind that finding someone who has as fluid of a sexual mentality as me would be amazing. I can literally jump from wanting to roleplay as a young girl to wanting to be the master in a BDSM relationship at the drop of a hate, lol. Oddly, cross-dressing and the like never enters into it; it's all mental. I think that's because so little of my roleplay is sexual, actually. Most of the time I just want to behave certain ways with others... More for me to ponder!
Are you just trying to get me to crush on you???

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
Snowy Rainbow said:
I've never liked gender roles. They helped us (humans) evolve and fight our way to the top of the food-chain, but in today's modern society they are completely outdated and need to be exiled from public consciousness.
cause androgyny is so sexy unless, of course, you are not attracted to androgynous people in which case femininity/masculinity aka gender characteristics are hot.

Your fallacy is assuming that we've stopped evolving as a species. This is not true. One cannot intellegently decide gender roles are irrelevant. Only natural selection can. If it still exists, there's generally a reason.

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
Broken Boy said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
Baradiel said:
Snowy Rainbow said:

I didn't want to bring it up but since the subject has come up I have thought often about how wonderful it would have been if I was born that way. But I am sure my Parents would have gone with surgery sad to say.
I'd LOVE to be born that way! But yeah, my parents would have instantly opted for the surgery. But I wouldn't blame them. I'd be sad (I think, having never been in that position I don't know and I'm sure someone, somewhere has been and hated their life) but I wouldn't blame them.

Baradiel said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
Baradiel said:
Snowy Rainbow said:

I know exactly what you mean. Hermaphrodites would just be "too weird" to survive in society. They'd end up on freakshows and such.

Evolution is fine and dandy until the current batch decide they're the best. Then, anything different is considered "wrong".
It's one of those things I absolutely HATE to say, but until society changes, I don't know if it's fair to ask a child to live that way. They could love it, not care or hate it, but the way they could be treated would just be... heartbreaking and possibly deadly to them on top of those personal feelings. Very difficult.

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
I was charging at full speed towards this thread, flaming sword and shield in hand, wearing diamond plated armor, on a fiery steed while screaming a war cry like a Norse god, only to find out the title was misleading.

Nice video, but I must say I expected this to be a troll thread. I must say I am not used to sarcasm without a punchline...

Snowy Rainbow said:
Probably the most awesome phrase I heard this week!

Snowy Rainbow

Jun 13, 2011
DracoSuave said:
Snowy Rainbow said:
I've never liked gender roles. They helped us (humans) evolve and fight our way to the top of the food-chain, but in today's modern society they are completely outdated and need to be exiled from public consciousness.
cause androgyny is so sexy unless, of course, you are not attracted to androgynous people in which case femininity/masculinity aka gender characteristics are hot.

Your fallacy is assuming that we've stopped evolving as a species. This is not true. One cannot intellegently decide gender roles are irrelevant. Only natural selection can. If it still exists, there's generally a reason.
I was stating that I personally dislike them and find them useless in my life. I don't know where Man's evolution will take us so I wouldn't comment on that.

conflictofinterests

Apr 6, 2010
Snowy Rainbow said:
Baradiel said:
Snowy Rainbow said:

This is part of a Western, Euro-centric mindset. There are cultures in which inter-sex people, including hermaphrodites, are part of the gender system. Not to say the Western, Euro-centric mindset shouldn't be changed, but there are places that are much more accepting of such things (in a way... There are still pretty strict gender roles for everyone as far as I know, just no "There's no place for you, therefore you are an abomination and must die in fire")